FORMULA 1 DHL TURKISH GRAND PRIX 2020 - ISTANBUL.......Race ▄▀▄▀ Spoilers ▀▄▀▄ | Page 9 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 DHL TURKISH GRAND PRIX 2020 - ISTANBUL.......Race ▄▀▄▀ Spoilers ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Nov 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Congrats to Hamilton for making it finally to THE GOAT.

Well done by Perez and Vettel to score a podium.

Shame on RP's poor pit decision to change inters on Stroll which destroyed his race.

2. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    The Charles Leclerc is a coglione thread.

Contains profanity in several languages.

ypsilon and jpalmito like this.
  3. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Don't forget the Mercedes F1 is an English car as well! :D

Jakuzzi likes this.
  4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

The irony here though is those guys race for themselves not a country, it’s probably one of the most selfish sport too.
    The second irony is that of all the brits that partook in f1 Lewis is the least British: he dresses and wants to be American,spends most of his time in LA but I get it;) still I rise being a 2pac song as well.he is living his American dream. Good for him!
    Still should have married Nicole at least when the races are boring and he is up 25 secs the pits were an attraction ;)

sammysaber likes this.
  5. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Great drives by Hamilton, Perez, Vettel and Leclerc. Proper race track and lots of incidents. Bottas was utterly useless and Crofty has the unique ability to almost make an entertaining race unwatchable, he really has to go, he is just god awful.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  6. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Mark(study) and pilotoCS like this.
  7. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    sammysaber and ypsilon like this.
  8. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    So it's not about the car, "the best drivers always ends up in the best car" yada yada:

Hamilton after his first WDC:
    2009: 5th
    2010: 4th

2011: 5th
    2012: 4th
    2013: 4th
    2014: 1st, start of the hybrid era,.

Between 2009 and 2013 Hamilton won 13 races, in 2014 alone he won 11 races. He has benefitted from the new regulations in an incredible way.

And to think that he actually wanted to go to RB after McLaren. Being at the right time in the right place has rarely been more applicable.

Alexweav79 and Jakuzzi like this.
  9. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

And the capability to take advantage of the superb equipment, drive mostly error free and win. Something Vettel failed to do. Too many mistakes when in a winning car-Vettel. Thats the subtle difference between the 2 of them. I know Vettel admires LH. This was clear as well today. LH is the driver Vettel wished to be to gain similar results.

LH is a much more complete driver than Vettel and yes, no pilot is perfect. When it has counted LH has made the results. Thats what winning is. Should he have more competition.........yes we all want that. Thats a teams' issue not LH. LH does what he is paid to do - win in a car capable of winning.

10. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    #210 ypsilon, Nov 15, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    Ocon 47
    Kvyat 49

I'll stick by my previous analysis, Ham drove a good race obviously, but exceptional (tyre management); no.

He made few mistakes, drove his laps (behind others mainly) and slowly but surely the track conditions came towards him.

RobertJRB likes this.
  11. Natkingcolebasket69

Max lost the race acting a fool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    When in a winning car (i.e. when the RB was the winning car) Vettel won. When he was outperformed by Ricciardo the RB was not a winning car anymore. And whether he actually once had a really winning car with Ferrari is highly debatable.
    Undoubtly Hamilton is a great driver, but he has also been great at being in the right team at the right time.

13. DF1

We hear - 'you make your own luck'. He takes a winning car and wins. Lauda saw what he had on offer I believe.

cairns, subirg, ricksb and 1 other person like this.
  14. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Agreed.
    Lewis love him or hate him, simply put is just one stunning awesome race driver, congrats to him..and he reckons he is just getting started strewth...

Terra, Sharknose, william and 6 others like this.
  15. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I think the Merc obscures how he is really at the top of his game now. His ability to manage a race is unequalled. Staying on inters from lap 9 and not missing a step, actually faster than most of the field at the end, is remarkable. Turning down a pit stop when he knew he wouldn’t get the heat in the tires was all about maturity.

ktu, kraftwerk, william and 6 others like this.
  16. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Of course, you would pick the years that Brawn and Red Bull dominated to argue the case that Hamilton wasn’t the best driver. That said, those 13 wins is more than anyone else on the current grid has, save Kimi and Seb. His 22 wins before Merc ranks in the top 15 all-time.

Merc noticed that factoid...

17. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Congrats to Hamilton. Impressive drive on one set of tires.

Vettel and Charlie drove a pretty good race. Bottas had one of his worst.

I still do not understand all the "admiration" of the talent for Max.

And Stroll proves to be who we all suspected he always was.... :)

18. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

At least he admits his mistake.

19. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    Bashing Vettel all the time is just boring... he never had a really competitive car, not forgetting the mistakes of the crew, even today, as he lost 2 seconds with that lousy pitstop. I really do not deny his mistakes. But if we have seen today, LEC did a **** job today, to use his own words

stavura, Jakuzzi and LVP488 like this.
  20. Natkingcolebasket69

Well said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jakuzzi likes this.
  21. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    A lot like the Max of olden times.....

Several times, he was driving as if the others should spin out.

He should go home and hang his head in shame.

22. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    A bit of the inverse:: it was leClerc who outsmarted himself and lost 2 places 2 turns before the end.

ricksb likes this.
  23. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  24. DF1

25. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Awkward line of thinking.

First of all I didn't say who was the best driver, it's actually my point; it's not just the driver who wins WDC's; it's the combination of the car, the driver, team and circumstances. What's clearly the case since 2014 is that the car (hybrid era) has become more important than ever. Mercedes did the best job, even helped in the early years by the ban on development.

Secondly the years between 2009 and 2013 are also undeniably part of Lewis Hamilton's career.

Thirdly, so what you're basically saying is that we should judge LH, and all the other drivers, just on the hyrbid era years ?

Another factoid; Jenson Button won more GP's in those 5 years (2009 - 2013) than Hamilton did.

Jakuzzi likes this.