FORMULA 1 DHL TURKISH GRAND PRIX 2020 - ISTANBUL.......Race ▄▀▄▀ Spoilers ▀▄▀▄ | Page 8 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 DHL TURKISH GRAND PRIX 2020 - ISTANBUL.......Race ▄▀▄▀ Spoilers ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Nov 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Proof I half know what I’m talking about....LOL!

Checo is an incredible seat of the pants driver. All feel, truly gifted..so gentle on the car.

Great podium for the conditions, cream rises as they say....Congrats to The New WDC!

Wish we could have the same conditions every second or third race.....rain races are such a special treat.

zygomatic, Jakuzzi, ricksb and 2 others like this.
  2. F430 F1 Singapore

Mar 4, 2016
    Singapore
    The Spinning Finn. :D

sammysaber likes this.
  3. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  4. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    No, this starting point today is a car that is far above everything else this year. Hamilton had nothing to lose today, he has already won the WDC.

However yesterday's qualy proved that on a very slippery, wet track with new asphalt the Merc. isn't as good. Ham. played second fiddle.

In the race Ham had a good start but instantly lost that by making a mistake and fell back to 6th again. He couldn't get passed Vettel which he clearly tried (Albon could). He subsequently drove his laps behind others. Once he got in the lead in the final third of the race and thanks to mistakes made by Max, Stroll and Albon he could capitalize on the Mercedes running in free air. Also thanks to the track getting drier and drier, comming more and more towards him.

Hamilton drove a good race but the circumstances which were against him in qualy all came together nicely in the race as well.

Isobel, stavura and sammysaber like this.
  5. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Your Caps Lock ist kaputt.

kes7u, Jakuzzi, sammysaber and 2 others like this.
  6. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Jack Nicholls
    BBC Radio 5 Live F1 commentator

The man from Stevenage becomes the most successful Formula1 driver of all time.
    So often you hear "it is just because Hamilton is in the best car". Today showed it really wasn't about the car. This was not a race you would expect Hamilton to win.

'Greatest sportsman this country has ever produced'
    Former England and Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand...

Nico Rosberg

7 x World Champion – that’s insane! Massively deserved. Surely one of the greatest achievements in the history of sports. Congratulations Lewis and enjoy the celebrations with your family and friends.

7. PerKr

PerKr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2007
    Mariestad, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Per Kristoffersson
    wouldn't say hamilton had nothing to lose. he needed to do what Prost always did; drive to score points, avoid taking unnecessary risks, work toward securing the title. He could have risked it but then there's no guarantee of scoring enough points in the following races or that the others don't score enough. we've seen enough seasons of F1 where the title seemed secured well through the season only to end up having a thriller up until the last race.

cairns and Mark(study) like this.
  8. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Wow what a race that was! A magnificent showcase to explain why we watch F1. Awesome. I’m keeping the recording of that one.

Thankfully, balance has been restored to the world and this race really sorted out the true racers from the chaff. The Top 5 all drove magnificently. Well done Ham Per Ver Lec and Sainz. All 5 star drivers today. Surely Per will get a drive next year? He’s class.

Stroll - what a disaster he is. After driving a really good first part of the race, he just gave up once the slightest bit of pressure was applied. Doesn’t understand his car. Doesn’t understand his tyres. Basically doesn’t understand racing. A shambles witnessed by millions of amused people all around the world - not that he cares.

Congrats to Ham on Wdc 7. Nice that he did it with a drive worthy of a champion. And nice that Vet was on the podium to share the moment. Between them, these masters of the sport have 16% of all wdcs in F1 history. That’s an amazing stat.

Redbull need to sort out Max. He is a phenomenal talent and possibly the fastest driver on the grid in terms of outright pace, but his race craft is just terrible. I’m surprised that RB have been unable to help him mature. Some of the blame for this has to go to his race engineer. He clearly can’t help control Max’s emotions and steady him. Either way, RB had the car to win today, but messed up across the board - drivers, strategists, engineers. A bit of a mess.

9. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Right. An exceptionally rare case of Ferrari having better tyre strategy than Red Bull.

Bas likes this.
  10. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Willis
  11. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016
    What an incredible race!

Lewis delivered an absolute master class whereas Max just completely destroyed his own race from the get-go. Rubbish start (yet again), too many little mistakes and a few big ones. Stroll-haters will probably have a field day, but don't forget he did NOT want to pit and in hindsight that was the strategy that gave Perez P2. Wrong call of RP to get him in, the fresh Intermediates were crap on that surface at that point in the race.

So sad to see Leclerc not on the podium. He had a great drive and showed great race intelligence (until the last corner).

12. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

So today was all Hamilton, 0% the car on a bad setup right?
    Congrats to Him and Vettel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jakuzzi likes this.
  13. Natkingcolebasket69

The Nationalist is back

stavura, Jakuzzi, Bas and 4 others like this.
  14. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Yes. It was all Bottas, too! LOL!:rolleyes:

Jakuzzi and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  15. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

THREAD BAN

vitajojo38

FOR POSTING P&R HERE.

GUYS, DO NOT POST P&R IN HERE. THERE'S A THREAD IN THE P&R SECTION FOR THAT. If you're not subscribed and can't see it, well, spring $15 and subscribe, then wander into the P&R cesspool and post this stuff all you want.

D

16. Natkingcolebasket69

U and William should meet in real life post Covid (if not done already). Soulmates;)
    Of course Hamilton is one of the best ever though.

Jakuzzi and ktu like this.
  17. Natkingcolebasket69

Exactly - these guys are too much

Jakuzzi likes this.
  18. Natkingcolebasket69

Max... i doubt he learns...he is too raw and immature ever since he joined. I don’t see him learnt. He’s a brat.

19. Natkingcolebasket69

Enjoy ur fish and chips till then;)

stavura and Jakuzzi like this.
  20. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Just saw the race and HAVE NOT read the previous posts..... So the "good-for-nothing-over-the-hill" Vettel outsmarted "Saviour" Leclerc; even after Ferrari made sure that Vettel had another bad pistop... Congrats Sebastian. :)

21. PerKr

PerKr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2007
    Mariestad, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Per Kristoffersson
    nope, it was 100% a combination of car, setup, driver and weather. a combination that of course wasn't as good for qualification but superior for the race and that's what counts.

22. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    You forgot to add Schumachers team mates who are fans of Hamilton! We should all meet lol

23. Natkingcolebasket69

On this forum it’s mostly you 2;) I doubt his teammates care about fchat

sammysaber likes this.
  24. Natkingcolebasket69

Finally a decent result! Going to get my 355 out to celebrate today;)

jpalmito and Jakuzzi like this.