FORMULA 1 DHL TURKISH GRAND PRIX 2020 - ISTANBUL.......Race ▄▀▄▀ Spoilers ▀▄▀▄ | Page 7 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 DHL TURKISH GRAND PRIX 2020 - ISTANBUL.......Race ▄▀▄▀ Spoilers ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Nov 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Just a little immature...he panicked but he drove a flawless first part of the race. Sometimes for a young driver, when things go a little sideways they spiral out of control. Even true for some experienced drivers (Max, Porridge).

He’ll learn from today

2. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    Really happy for Vettel. Three races to go, this puts things back on the up for him. Similar to Kimi’s exit, “Finally!” - keep your head up and hopefully see him back in the mix in the green Aston Martin in 2021

sammysaber, stavura and ricksb like this.
  3. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Even the champagne is having a tough go today.

4. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    it has lightened up a lot lately. It’s no longer like a superfund site due to strict moderation.

Jackie and bill likes this.
  5. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Mclaren were so strong as I mentioned. No one saw an LH win today. I did not. I was thinking maybe Perez. LH made no mistakes and took the advantage. Tire management when others were greedy or sloppy. A champion's drive. Max and others will learn from this.

6. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    No one knew these inters could go 45+ laps as the track evolved....the inters went slick.

kraftwerk and DF1 like this.
  7. Top speed

Top speed Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2020
    Full Name:
    Joonas
    I have to say Max drove poorly today. Very impatient on overtakes and ruined his own race, probably should have won considering red bulls pace today. People hail him as some amazing wet weather driver, but I couldn't see him above others today.

8. DF1

Im simply in shock a bit seeing LH as the winner lol. Make your luck again lol :)

9. Top speed

Top speed Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2020
    Full Name:
    Joonas
    Also what was that clown performance from Bottas today? Worst driver of the day. These kind of races take the bottom out of the claims that Bottas is really a top driver.

Bas, pilotoCS, jpalmito and 1 other person like this.
  10. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    We’ve seen that in previous seasons. I recall Schumacher doing it, though I can’t remember the exact race now.

11. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Argh, that 2nd place! But much needed points.

P.S: Pérez deserves a seat.

12. DF1

Apparently Bottas had wing damage front and steering issues after contact at turn 9 at some point....................

13. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Some awesome driving skills on display out there today,by just about everyone.

ricksb likes this.
  14. RobertJRB

RobertJRB Karting

Feb 8, 2012
    Today was a poor drive indeed but his reputation of great rain driver wasn’t based on today’s drive. Just look at yesterday’s pace on what he is capable of.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met FerrariChat

15. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    he’s a serviceable driver, but has always been horrible in changing conditions and in the wet.

He needs to drop the porridge and have whatever Hamilton’s eating. VB needs everything to go perfectly to win a race. Hamilton can make something out of nothing. I expected LH to be on podium today (didn’t see a win)...I expected VB not to make the podium.

ADD: He does score points and pushes his teammate. He’s not a good wet driver, but he’s a good #2 under normal conditions.

16. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Poorly indeed, especially the overtake on Perez was badly judged, too eager. It defined his race.

Your latter statement is nonsense, first of all you seem to forget; a) all the races in which Max has show to be a good wet weather driver, 2) qualy, and 3) he was clearly faster than most today when people were not in front of him.

17. DF1

Per an interview he had some damage. Compared to Albon Bottas brings results RedBull only dream of. He is part of the last 3 titles for both WDC and WCC. If you think he should be released good luck selling Toto that idea. Is he LH no. No one is. No one is Max but Bottas pushes LH a bit more than Albon will ever push Max. Is he MS or Max or LH - no. He is hardly the worst driver on the grid. Id take him over Seb and others.

ktu, Isobel and ricksb like this.
  18. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    Great day for the Ferrari boys. 3rd and 4th, we'll take that given what we're working with.
    Nice to see Seb on the podium.

Stroller - :oops: .... To be fair he had a great first stint.

Bottas is just plain ****ing useless!

Isobel, sammysaber, 635CSI and 4 others like this.
  19. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    he drove pissed off at the impatience in trying to pass Sergio and that just multiplied his mistakes.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  20. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Charles was 16 after two laps.
    Driver of the day for me.
    Don’t know how Hamilton managed to last his inters so long, very impressive again.
    It’s a pity his teammate isn’t able to push him harder.

ktu likes this.
  21. DF1

Useless lol
    2 wins
    197 points and with 2 dnf/out of points this year. Useless of late has been Vettel.

He should simply go be a kart coach eh lol?????? What do all of you expect eh? He is not going to out drive LH. Bottas had damage today so he states in an interview. Clearly Mercedes value his results and harmony in the larger sense that pushes the team forward together. Useless to me is Latifi, Stroll, Gio etc.

Bottas keeps his job because he brings the results needed by the team. The pairing works. No one would push LH harder that will be allowed in the team. I dont think, given the management structure in place another pairing works. They suffered under LH and Nico. Toto will not allow that again. If Bottas is faster there is no problem. If LH is faster no problem. So I guess Mercedes should just toss all that and their results lol and generate inter-team issues that distract from winning, needless press etc. No I fully disagree with Bottas as useless.

kraftwerk, william and ricksb like this.
  22. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I don’t think VB is at a level to do such. This isn’t even the Hamilton of 2016. He stays calm and sees the whole race versus the moment he’s in. He’s at the top of his game.

kraftwerk likes this.
  23. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    The Mercedes is a lot more dominant CAR compared to the red bull one.
    You can't compare Bottas with Albon because of that.

24. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I KEEP TELLING HATERS HAMILTON IS ONE OF THE BEST TALENTS F1 HAS EVER SEEN, BUT THEY WONT LISTEN. THEY TOO HARD HEADED

Its not what car you drive, its "what you do with the car you drive". People so sure about Verstappen beating Hamilton as team mate. They forget its L. Hamilton in the other seat. Not a regular team mate. I repeat, its L. Hamilton in the other seat!

STILL I RISE....

STILL I RISE ......

STILL I RISE!!!!!

CONGRATS LEWIS ON YOUR 7TH CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

25. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

The best of his era !!