Nice HGTE for sale | FerrariChat

Nice HGTE for sale

Discussion in '612/599' started by Themaven, Nov 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
  2. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Probably because the steering wheel is on the wrong side!

Seriously though you are right, it does seem cheap.

randkin and Makuono like this.
  3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    A few tasteful mods on that one, but the HGTE exhaust and wheels are missing and looks like she has a GTO grille. Have to look closer to see if those are GTO wheels.

4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    No. A shame as the HGTE wheels are perfection. As are the HGTE exhaust tips.
    But still seems like a great buy!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. odf911

odf911 Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2013
    London UK (Chelsea)
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Front grille looks after market ...

6. glob1971

glob1971 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 3, 2011
    Czech Republic
    Terrible mods, everything is aftermarket - i don't understand people doing this.

7. phil the brit

phil the brit Formula 3

Jul 7, 2013
    Colchester+Clermont
    Full Name:
    Phil Taylor
    And looks like it is held on with steel screws that are rusty.

8. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    "The wheels and grill have also been swapped with those resembling the GTO’s, but the originals remain in the vendor’s possession to be offered with the car, in good condition and with near new tyres."

Most of the mods aren't my cup of tea, however appears it will be easy to bring it to stock quite easily.

9. odf911

odf911 Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2013
    London UK (Chelsea)
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    . you are probably right. The side rockers look OEM to me (plain weave) so probably a keep. The lower bumper and extractor are definitely after market as well as the front spoiler. Assuming the stipe and the roof are wraps, they can easily be removed if not too long on the car (possible paint damage!) .... all in all few thousand pounds to get it back to original ...

10. Inadeje

Inadeje Karting

#10 Inadeje, Nov 14, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
    I don’t find the car cheap at all. 138,500 USD (at today’s rate) for a modded 599, especially in europe, is quite expensive. Premium is placed on OEM over there, much like here in the US. Also, one could get HGTE installed on non HGTE cars, which was a series of parts and software upgrade. Maybe select visual parts were acquired, yet the expensive parts like exhaust skipped? The front grill looks like a 5 year old was involved with scissors and some chicken coop wire.

phil the brit likes this.
  11. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Why did he installed 295 rear tires ???

To be honest, the drivers seat control panel looks not really like a 12.000 miles one.

Daniel

phil the brit likes this.
  12. odf911

odf911 Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2013
    London UK (Chelsea)
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Actually on closer inspection, the side rockers are also after market. Unless it is also a wrap ...

13. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    It would be interest if the side skirts and the lower rear bumper is real carbon fiber or plastic sheet.

Daniel

14. odf911

odf911 Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2013
    London UK (Chelsea)
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    There were a few after market kits in CF. All using a different pattern than the Ferrari checkered-like plain weave. Also Ferrari never produced the rear bumper and extractor in CF for the GTB (only in dry CF for the GTO) ... if all those parts need to be removed and replaced to put back to stock that would be a hefty bill indeed ...

DZ-96 likes this.
  15. Inadeje

Inadeje Karting

Makuono likes this.
  16. MrF355

MrF355 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Kimi
    Not all the mods are to my liking. The rear diffuser looks like a wrap, side skirts look GTO style, front grill is aftermarket, front side vents on bumper look aftermarket, front spoiler is GTO style but aftermarket as the GTO spoiler does not fit the GTB bumper. Wheels are aftermarket and why go to narrower tyres than stock? I can only guess the offset of the wheel is wrong or they have added spacers. Interior has the usual sticky issues especially the headlight switch which is gone. Rear mufflers are obviously aftermarket the HGTE tail pipes for me look much better even the GTB tail pipes look better as they suit the car better than these tail pipes but we all have different tastes. I believe that there would have been more interest if it was left as a HGTE no wrap on the rear bumper just looks cheap and nasty and left the roof and buttresses body colour, stripe could stay as could the front spoiler.

SonomaRik and phil the brit like this.