Did you drive your Dino today? I did! | Page 30 | FerrariChat

Did you drive your Dino today? I did!

Discussion in '206/246' started by dinogts, Nov 28, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daviekj

daviekj Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2008
    UK
    Lotusexige, ggjjr, Atlantic and 3 others like this.
  2. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    all set in the beautiful English countryside!

Lotusexige likes this.
  3. daviekj

daviekj Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2008
    UK
    Indeed Tony, beautiful English countryside mud... as I found out when I got back on the drive.. grrrr. Don’t regret it though!, Kevin

TonyL likes this.
  4. Jamie H

Jamie H Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 28, 2009
    Puslinch,ON
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    UroTrash likes this.
  5. daviekj

daviekj Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2008
    UK
    Do you prefer the coach or the Dino ;-)

6. Jamie H

Jamie H Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 28, 2009
    Puslinch,ON
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Dino for sure, but I like the others for different reasons

7. MarkT

MarkT Karting

Jun 7, 2004
    mountains-NC
    Full Name:
    Mark Turczyn
  8. dgt

dgt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2011
    Northeast, USA & Oz
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    great photos Mark and nice to see it out for some exhaust note testing!
    Regards Andrew

MarkT likes this.
  9. MarkT

MarkT Karting

Jun 7, 2004
    mountains-NC
    Full Name:
    Mark Turczyn

Andrew- Thank you for your compliment- and is a great lead-in to a thread I was thinking about starting about Timevalve.

Thank you again for recommending the Timevalve exhaust. It not only looks more correct than a few replica mufflers I have seen-- the exhaust note is just as I remember when I bought my Dino 46 years ago in 1974. Full throated beauty.

It installed without removing the axle and it all lined up perfectly-- a one-hour install job tops!

As you know, I had one of the replica ANSA exhausts that Dennise McCann had produced in 1995. It was beautifully fabricated (beautiful TIG welds and pipe bends)- but it had the wrong sound. It was very very subdued.

What I really appreciated is that Mike worked with me. Due to one of our discussions, he pulled my build off of the jig he had been using for many years for fabricating US-style ANSA replica mufflers and found the more correct US version jig that he had forgotten that he had made a few years back. It had been stored in a backroom.

A few years ago a customer brought in a NOS US-style exhaust for Mike to copy so he could save the OEM for Concours shows while using Mike's accurate copy on the street. Mike's original jig did not put in the dip under the right axle as the original US ANSA came with.

The previous owner of Timevalve had used a US ANSA muffler--which for some reason-- had been modified by welding in a Euro style straight tube to the front header as a pattern for his US style jig. No idea why the US-style muffler had been modified this way but it has been the jig that Timevalve has used for years.

The only parts that Mike does not fabricate or install on his US-style muffler, are the small thin sheet metal clamshell insulator shields around the pipes going to the headers.

I am now a big fan of Mike and Timevalve. Mike has brought my exhaust note back which is a big part of the Dino experience.

10. ken4dino

ken4dino Rookie

Jan 21, 2014
    Tokio
    Full Name:
    Ken A
    Rick Weston likes this.
  11. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    Nice!!!!

12. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
  13. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    Martyt, qvee, Spider2400 and 3 others like this.
  14. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    well done Iain.... the Roma is for me the most beautiful Ferrari of recent years (many years.... since the Dino...)
    what a perfect match.....!!!
    great tast!!!

synchro likes this.
  15. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    First drive this year. Excellent Easter weather and the whole Italian family were on the road. It takes a bit of an effort to keep them all serviced and running..o_O

Happy Easter to all. Best, Peter

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Ross Benge, DinoLasse, dgt and 2 others like this.
  16. 2GT

2GT Formula 3

Aug 25, 2008
    Western NY
    Full Name:
    Fred

Peter,
    What a magnificent trio! Happy Easter, and safe driving. Fred

pshoejberg likes this.
  17. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Come on - somebody must be driving their Dinos more often by now!

18. WHipround

WHipround Rookie

Jan 22, 2021
    Guildford
    Full Name:
    Matthew Lowe

Be interested to now whereabouts this is?

19. Rick Weston

Rick Weston Karting

Mar 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    Richard Weston

Beautiful Dino! We are looking to move out that way and will be searching in June. I do not have a Dino, but the 458 will be coming with. So pretty...and great driving I hear.

MarkT likes this.
  20. Rick Weston

Rick Weston Karting

Mar 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    Richard Weston
    That is a beautiful pic!

21. MarkT

MarkT Karting

Jun 7, 2004
    mountains-NC
    Full Name:
    Mark Turczyn
    We moved here in 2009- 10 miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway. When we move up here in the mountains it was still very rural and for the most part, it still is. But in the last three years, many have moved here to get away from the city but they brought all their city habits, wants, and craziness with them. They are turning the slow pace of the area into the stressful place that they left behind. We are glad we experienced the friendly mountain ways before the city moved here.

22. Rick Weston

Rick Weston Karting

Mar 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    Richard Weston
    We’ll try not to screw it up further.

MarkT likes this.
  23. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    yesterday just south of Hamburg in Stade.... met up with an old friend and his MG Arnolt Coupe from 1953, body by Bertone... pretty nice and rare car....

"At the beginning of the 1950s, Stanley Arnolt, a racing enthusiast, gave up the manufacture of marine engines and devoted himself to the resale of English cars. He founded S.H. Arnolt Inc and became the main MG, Riley and Morris importer in the American Midwest. Later he also became a Bentley, Rolls-Royce and Aston-Martin dealer. In 1952, during a visit to the Turin Motor Show, he fell under the spell of a coupé and a convertible presented by the Italian coachbuilder Bertone. Built on the chassis of the small MG TD, their innovative lines are the result of the collaboration of Giovanni Bertone, Nuccio Bertone and Franco Scaglione. Very interested, Arnolt negotiates an exclusivity contract for these models. The Bertone establishments, in financial difficulty, cannot afford to miss such a bargain. The American importer plans to build 200 models: 100 coupes and 100 convertibles. The chassis equipped with their engines from the MG factory in Abingdon were sent to Genoa by boat and then transited to Turin by truck. The steel bodywork with aluminum sashes was welded to the chassis and not bolted as was done at MG. The cars were then shipped to the United States and then transported to Chicago to finalise assembly. The car could be fitted with optional Borrani spoke rims or a Motorola radio. The Arnolt MG is equipped with the 1250cc XPAG engine developing 54 horsepower from the TD, some cars will receive a Shorrock compressor as an option. Unfortunately, production will not reach 200 units as the MG factory will stop supplying the chassis. In the end, 102 cars will be manufactured between 1953 and 1954: 67 coupes and 36 convertibles"
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

DinoLasse likes this.
  24. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    No Dinos on the road this weekend?

Gr. Martin