How to arrange toolkit, spare, jack, etc. | FerrariChat

How to arrange toolkit, spare, jack, etc.

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by aabryan, Oct 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. aabryan

aabryan Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    My car, while complete, came with a disorganized front compartment. I’m not sure how everything fits together. Does anyone have any pictures of the toolkit/how it’s arranged and how the overall setup is stored in the frunk?

2. FamilyCar

FamilyCar Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2007
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Peter Goodall
    What years is your car? I think that may make a difference.

Mine is a pre-ABS '87. The roll has the screwdrivers (2 phillips 2 flat blade) at the left then the wrenches--like in the attached photo I found online. The roll was just thrown into the spare wheel with the jack kit and the bulb container. The bulb kit was in the jack pouch, although I doubt it is supposed to be. If there is a neat way to store them I'd be happy to hear about that.. I think there is also a pouch for the trouble light, although I don't have it. I did find a trouble light on ebay, though.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. aabryan

aabryan Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Hi Peter! Mine is an ‘88 3.2... we're probably the same. My Jack was not in a pouch, but I think the records may have been stored in there. Will send pics. Thanks for the help

4. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    My 1988 3.2 was purchased from its original owner, only dealer serviced and it looked like the tools and jack were never opened. The bulb kit was in the jack bag, which seems a bad place for it, would be susceptible to being squashed. The trouble light was in a vinyl pouch in the rear trunk. The jack bag tucks into the spare wheel, with the tool kit on top of it. Not a great secure arrangement, but that is how it was done. I can take things out and send pictures of what is in each bag if you really need it.

aabryan likes this.
  5. aabryan

aabryan Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Hi Andy, I’m also Andy btw. Below are some pics of my toolkit. Does the jack go in the pouch? Do the jack tools also reside there?
    It looks like I also have an extra tire iron and deep well socket haha... thanks for the guidance in how this all goes together
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    Here is how mine is organized...

A couple of comments on the bits and pieces. I have one Champion spark plug in the tool roll. The spark plug socket is in the far right pocket in the tool roll (I have an extension on it as I was using it). The tow hook would be stored in the jack bag, I put it in the tool roll for easier access if it is needed (also got an extender coupling from an Fchatter as the hook does not protrude very far and a tow fellow will probably do some damage with the stock length). You are missing a headlight bulb in your bulb kit, although perhaps depending on market (mine is Swiss) there were different headlamps. There is also a red battery carrying strap in the jack bag which I don't see in your kit. I also have a foldable hazard warning triangle, it is in the grey tube that I am pretty sure came with the factory kit. My trouble light has always been in the rear trunk, which probably makes sense that it would more readily accessed in the dark as the trunk is lit inside. Your ratchet and 7/8 inch lug wrench and socket are not factory, but purity aside no reason one could not add extra tools and bits for a long road trip. My spare tire is an original tire.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

aabryan likes this.
  7. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
  8. FamilyCar

FamilyCar Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2007
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Peter Goodall
    A few notes here:

Mine uses the towing eye to hold the spare in place.

I don't think that the folding triangle was included in US Market cars. I'm not sure about the battery strap, it may be non-US as well.

aabryan likes this.
  9. greatscott73

greatscott73 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2017
    Eastern Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Howard Scott
    My US spec 87 has the battery strap, but no triangle.

aabryan likes this.
  10. aabryan

aabryan Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Thanks for all the comments guys. Andy- those pics are very helpful. I actually have that red strap. What’s it for exactly? Lifting the battery out of the car? I didn’t know if it originally came with the car. My spare is much more scratch on the inside than your hand, haha! Your car looks very nice! Mines a little hot rod (snj5’s old car) so I’m not to worried about purity. Just dusting off the cobwebs and getting things back in order. She’s definitely a driver/driven! I passed 50k.

11. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    Well, as far as your battery strap goes, I've a very correct tool kit and Jack kit for my 88 3.2, it includes battery strap but you can't lift it out without taking the right front wheel and wheel liner off so good luck with that
    Alden

aabryan likes this.
  12. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    I forgot to add that the OEM tow eye is too short to screw in, I used to sell an extender kit, I might have a few parts around to put one together if anyone's interested, same problem on a Testarossa, it hits a bumper and you can't screw it in more than two or three turns.
    Alden