Comparing my F8 to my 458 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Comparing my F8 to my 458

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by buddyg, Nov 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    LOL. Made me laugh. That is in the words of a 5 year old. If it comes from a 5 year old, it must be true!

Mighty Joe and buddyg like this.
  2. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    #52 wthensler, Nov 5, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    You cheated......

Buddy, I’m still on my fall extravaganza here in the Great Smoky Mtns. Trailer your car next spring and bring it down! You will have the time of your life - a personal guarantee!

Couldn’t find any other Ferraris, but hunted down some fun nonetheless. There’s a reason folks pack their powder down here. Now that I’ve run Dragon’s Tail numerous times in the 457, I could use a ‘boost’. The F8 would kill these roads! Just to ease any angst, Red C8 in the background had less than 300 miles on it.....

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

daflk likes this.
  3. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Tapoco Lodge...good lunch, great location!
    The roads around there are fantastic. My friends and I just got back Tues from driving Ferrari’s around Asheville area for 5 days.
    Some pix from my friends mountain home, and near Little Switzerland.
    Great times.
    :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    That 458 looks like Giallo Triplo Strato..

Beautiful place, beautiful card, beautiful pictures

Sent from my BLA-A09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

italiafan and wthensler like this.
  5. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    All of that was available for my 812 that was delivered to me in March. I have the rear radar, blind spot monitoring and the surround view cameras. I think that really completes the car for daily use.

GT2goneF and Manda racing like this.
  6. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Having owned the 458 and 488 adding several long test drives of the F-8, your review is very accurate to my experiences!

GT2goneF likes this.
  7. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    GT2goneF and italiafan like this.
  8. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Geez— I’m getting to the point that I can’t tell my 488 generation +. apart.

I’d like to see a 308 sitting next to an F8.

GT2goneF likes this.
  9. BLACK CARS

BLACK CARS Rookie

Sep 23, 2016
    Have a 488GTB in Daytona Black with black interior and yellow offsets. Can literally admire It for hours at a time. Drove the F8 and my wife asked if I wanted to get it. Frankly, at least on the pre-production car I drove on the streets, could not feel much difference in power. I also didn't like the plastic window or how they did the rear lights which reminded me of a Camaro (had a F430 Spider and much preferred the four to two but being round). Will probably wait for the next "entry level" Ferrari sports car.

vonbeeler likes this.
  10. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    You do know that will be a V6 right?

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

11. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The F8 has 4 round lights in the rear.

buddyg likes this.
  12. Viper830tt

Viper830tt Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 10, 2017
    Yes, it does. This was almost a month ago and I still find them hiding in spots although I didnt have any temp issues. I might not being pushing as hard with my tires wearing out.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    The one thing that bothers me with the F8, other than the sound, is that lip or protuberance in the front. The rest is beautiful, esp the rear which looks amazing.

turbokraft likes this.
  14. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Looks like fun!!

GT2goneF likes this.
  15. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    F8 has 4 round lights??

GT2goneF likes this.
  16. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    LOL the 308 is tiny to compared 458,488 and F8.

17. cavsct94

cavsct94 Karting

Aug 26, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I had the chance to spend about 30 minutes behind the wheel of an F8 and have owned a 458 for a little less than three years. OP's original review matches my own. Spot on. The F8 is a beast.

GT2goneF and buddyg like this.
  18. FakeAwake

FakeAwake Rookie

Sep 25, 2020
    Full Name:
    JB
    All I’m reading here is that the 458 will be a future mid level collectible. The F8 has always been a throwaway Ferrari for me since it looks like a Corvette designed by Hyundai.

How can anyone say the 458 is boring. The 458s door panels are unmatched in baroque drama. They look like swirling sheet metal.

For the record both the F8 and 458 are contemporary design. Modern design refers to things from the 1950s and 1960s.

19. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    LOL now that’s funny right there! First off you spelled Hyundai wrong. Second it looks nothing like a “hyndai” and third isn’t it time for you to do your chores? Mommy is calling.

GT2goneF, Coincid and Cigarzman like this.
  20. FakeAwake

FakeAwake Rookie

Sep 25, 2020
    Full Name:
    JB
    Imagine driving a Ferrari and having such little self esteem. Go lash out at your ex wife.

21. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Been married for 25 years and I have no lack of self esteem, go spew your crap elsewhere.

22. rcsteyer

rcsteyer Rookie

Jun 12, 2006
    San Mateo, Ca
    Full Name:
    Randy Steyer
    Just spent two days on the track with the F8 and it has great acceleration, cornering is phenomenal and it was great fun to do donuts on the skid pad. Definitely does not have the sound of the 458 but it is a great track car

GT2goneF likes this.
  23. victorg

victorg Rookie

May 2, 2017
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Victor Gonzalez
    I test drove the F8 and the gear shifts feel like an automatic, I bet the Italia fares better here too!

24. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Wow. 4 posts in already you are making friends here. I “ imagine “ you wrote the book How to Win Friends and Influence People ? Dale , is that you ?

25. Petrolhead#32

Petrolhead#32 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2020
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Petrolhead#32
    I just bought my 2013 458 Spider with 10k miles. First Ferrari, dream come true, have had it for a month, and you guys are killing me now with this comparison... :D

Now seriously, I think there's a whole lot of subjectivity here, which is totally fine. I personally rank engine note much higher than any other and therefore I'm a N/A kind of driver. I'm pretty classic in that sense, same with Porsche (I'm the lucky owner of a 458 and a 2018 GT3 MT).

Looks wise, I love the classic Pininfarina design of the 458, but will admit the F8 is phenomenal and I definitely don't want to drive it until maybe 3 yrs of loving my 458! I'm right in the beginning of the honeymoon period and don't want to mess with that. If I were to make the change in the future, I'd definitely want a Novitec-like exhaust for the F8.

Net, net, I really want my sports cars to be 'uncomfortably great', if I can say it that way. I like the real raw factor, the mechanical feel and certainly the NA type of sound. I do believe the new models tend to lose this feel, and that's why I decided to go for an MT GT3 and the 458 over the 488.

Cheers!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Ryan13, dustman, jomarti1 and 3 others like this.