NFL 2020 | Page 40 | FerrariChat

NFL 2020

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Whisky, Jan 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jaydubs

Jaydubs Rookie

Oct 4, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jon Wilkinson
    Injuries and inconsistency. Some friends of mine in the Bay Area sound like they're tiring of him a little. He's definitely had some bad games this year and I guess his contract is easy to get out of if they want to move on. I doubt they'll do anything for at least a year, but I wouldn't be surprised if they go after a QB in the draft in this season goes in the tank. They've had a ton of injuries this year, but it sounds like he hasn't been playing up to expectations either.

tomc likes this.
  2. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The dynasty was Brady, and Brady only. Where's the genius Belichick, without Brady? Belichick isn't fit enough to clean Bill Walsh's office.

greg328 likes this.
  3. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That's what I'm hoping. He isn't the answer at QB, and it would be a shame to waste this team away with a guy who won't be able to deliver a Superbowl. I am actually hoping the Falcons release/trade Matt Ryan, and Shanahan reunites with him. Ryan had his best years with Shanahan as his OC.

4. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    At the end of this season they can get out of his contract. It's time to cut him loose. They tried, it didn't work out, nor will it work out (they came damn close last year).

5. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    I bet the Chicago Bears would be interested in the Arlington Heights, IL native.

6. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I'm not so sure the LAC are better than Denver, LAC lacks one thing Denver has - two pretty good RB's,
    aside from that, at almost every position, they are equal, IMO.
    I'm not keen on the LAC coach, either.

I would not rule out a return to NE, BUT, maybe Belicheck has seen the writing on the wall and
    realizes in order to compete consistently you need a MOBILE QB.
    Oh, you have a couple of statues still, but they have a LOT of checkdown options in Pittsburgh,
    and even in TB, but you NEED a guy like Wilson, Watson, Mahommes, even a Rodgers.

PhilNotHill likes this.
  7. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    They can have him....but he isn't much of an upgrade over Trubisky or Foles....actually I would argue that Foles is better.

PhilNotHill likes this.
  8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    It seems that top NFL quarterbacks come along in bunches, like the 1983 class that included Elway, Kelly and Marino. In the last few years there have been a bunch of highly-regarded quarterbacks that should represent the star QBs of the immediate future. But it makes you wonder about the group which they will replace, a group in the latter stages of their career. How many of these will make the Hall of Fame?

It's obvious that Brady and Brees are locks. I'm inclined to think the same of Rodgers and Roethlisberger. But what about guys like Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, Matt Ryan or Matthew Stafford? What is your opinion?

9. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Cowherd says Shanahan has soured on JG.
    Inconsistent
    Inaccurate
    Injury prone

JG will be traded. Maybe go back to NE

10. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    LAC is a little bit better than DEN but not much IMVHO.

NE is in a rebuilding year. 8 players opted out of playing this year. They knew it. Cam is a filler. NE will have to trade or more probably draft a QB. Maybe they get JG back if they are desperate. NE may be the third best team in the division. Maybe they get Darnold from NYJ.

tomc likes this.
  11. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    So, given that Brady was "handicapped" by Belly, and Montana was coached by Walsh,
    where does that put TB12 in your QB pantheon vis-a-vis one Joseph Clifford Montana?!? :D
    T

12. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    The only diff i see is LAC has some 'name' receivers.
    DEN has some good receivers nobody has ever heard of.
    LAC has a Bosa, Den has Von Miller.
    Both have decent young QB's.
    I'm not so sure either of them have a truly great coaching staff.

I don't think Darnold fits the NE mold...

I think they go get whoever Josh wants, because I see Belicheck saying in a year from now 'I've had enough'.

If Buffalo doesn't play any better then NE might be the 2nd best team in the division behind Miami, except
    Miami has no RB, I mean, not a 'money' guy you can count on, but neither does anyone else in the division.

13. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I hope Jimmy G doesn't come back to NE. Bill was high on him, but I think after seeing his performances and his penchant for injuries he's not going to be interested.

Certainly Bill benefited from having the best QB, but there's 52 others who make up a team and Tom didn't have any hand in that. There is some angst among fans here, but I'm not concerned. I agree with Phil's analysis of the situation.

14. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I don't disagree with Phil's thoughts on NE either.
    But as I said, the game has changed, especially the speed on defense, if you took a
    Lamar Jackson, Russell Wilson or DeShaun Watson and put them on a team 30 years ago nobody
    would catch them.
    I will say it's really going to be fun watching Justin Herbert and Joe Burrow the next few years...

tomc likes this.
  15. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Eli - yes to Hall of Fame, because he won two Superbowls be Brady and the powerhouse NE Pats, and is too 10 or 11 in yards in NFL history

Ben - yes to Hall of Fame, two Superbowl wins plus a 3rd appearance and will end up top 6 or 7. (Although I say he was horrible in the 1st SB and had nothing to do with the win)

Matt Ryan - yes to Hall of Fame, his stats say it all and he's still going

Stafford - no, unless he wins 2 or more SBs. His yards come in garbage time or because his team is always behind.

16. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Well, like what Brady is doing in TB, Montana took a KC team to the AFC Championship Game (I say the Tampa Bay team is far better than Montana's KC team).

Montana was sick in the Superbowl, no INTs, and the stats in a time when the passing game was not as it is in the last 20 years. And Montana didn't cheat. In my opinion Montana is slightly better. If the game was on the line, and there less than 2 minutes in the game, I would take Montana over Brady to lead the team to a win. If Brady had of done that in both NY Giant SB losses, then he'd be #1. But he didn't, and he had the chance to do it.

17. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Agree 100% with Mike on these predictions...T

18. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Good thoughts. To be fair, Brady was at the helm in an epic comeback versus the Falcons, although one might argue that the Dirty Birds' ineptitude had more to do with that victory than anything else. Ditto the SB victory vs. the Shawks a few years earlier...T

19. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The Pats never gave up vs the Falcons, give them credit for that, however that was 100% a choke job as opposed to a Pats miraculous comeback. After that Julio Jones catch, if they run 3 times and kick the FG the game is over. Even if they miss the FG they had a 99% of winning.

As for Seattle, despite the bonehead pass play call from the 1 that ended the game, Brady gets my vote on this one for bringing the Pats back. They were down by 10 in the 4th quarter, against an excellent Seattle defense, and he delivered two touchdown drives (a-la Montana). And that's after throwing 2 INTs this game.

tomc likes this.
  20. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    It doesn't matter.
    We can list off THOUSANDS of 'what ifs' to all kinds of sporting contests, ball sports, F1, everything.

21. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Sure, but "what ifs" make watching/talking sports interesting!
    So, who's your GOAT @ QB?
    T

22. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Sorry - I don't have one.
    Different QB's in different eras, totally different rules, you can never answer that question.

23. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Packers Davante Adams: "It's fair to say that I'm the best receiver in the NFL."

Dude . . . . It's fair to say you're catching balls thrown by one of the most accurate passers in NFL history. Nothing more nothing less.

24. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    #999 Whisky, Nov 6, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    Then why can't any of the other GB receivers do s***?

Yeah, MVS had two TD's - go look at the box score for all the prior games.

25. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    As I watched the game last night, I really didn't think SF played very bad at all, they are just outmanned at
    most positions, and ALL skill positions, but they just didn't look BAD to me.
    They looked pretty-well coached, and if you listened to the pre-game, SF lost two key players
    to Covid RIGHT BEFORE THE GAME, and Shanahan's game plan had these guys in 80-85%
    of the plays, so to lose that just before the game and have to basically start over, they played pretty good.