F40 Current Values | Page 6 | FerrariChat

F40 Current Values

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by dustman, Jun 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    So is urine!

2. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  3. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  4. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    dustman likes this.
  5. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    #130 BarryK, Oct 8, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
    Google search is a wonderful thing!

An alternative marketing approach to #silenceisgolden :

Hartley in the UK who is one of the more respected guys. At least a bit more useful than "I sold this car but I am not saying any more"

Euroryno likes this.
  6. rmolke85

rmolke85 Formula Junior

Mar 11, 2013
    Joe deals in private treaty sales. What don’t you people understand about that?

joe sackey and AtSomePoint like this.
  7. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  8. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    The Hartley family (Tom Sr, Tom & Carl) have a business model that is the showroom floor type. What this means is, they buy a car into stock on their premises, then, advertise it publicly with a set price which is publicly shared, and accept offers on this basis, this means they are at liberty to publicly discuss and disclose prices.

Joe Sackey Classics practices a different business model, we practice Private Treaty sales, as I have said in this section many times, and as anyone who deals with us knows. What this means is, we privately facilitate the disposition or acquisition of the best quality Ferrari Supercars from one collector to another, as such, the price is kept private, this based on the general expectation by the collectors involved that the price remains private.

Different business models, the latter is favored by many discreet collectors Internationally today for innumerable obvious reasons, it works well for our clients and us.

Our business model doesn't mean I can't share our database of market knowledge to be helpful to the community by giving general guidance without revealing the details of specific deals, as you can see from this thread, few people give more market guidance than I do, and I feel obligated to ensure that what is being discussed is based on reality.

I always appreciate all opportunities to come online and explain how we work, and yes, Google is indeed a wonderful thing.

Rich I hope that beautiful sliding-windows F40 we sold you is being enjoyed in good health.

The Cottingham family know how to source nice examples, the asking is reflective of the car's condition, yes, no lift no cat is desirable, and yes the UK market tends to be strong, good observations.

JagShergill and NürScud like this.
  9. Karimsaid

Karimsaid Formula Junior
    Regional Sponsor

Oct 2, 2014
    Joe, you do great work as per the transaction I witnessed you engineer recently and where you made the two parties (a seasoned collector and a large commercial jet buyer) extremely happy across a continent. You have your model and it is respected, successful, and adds value to many. You don’t need to defend it or explain it. It is know and respected.

plastique999 and joe sackey like this.
  10. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Thank you.

11. Birel

Birel Formula 3

Sep 12, 2005
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Andrew Turner
    Hi Joe,
    You and I operate a similar business plan, I think the $2m F40 is a near reality. I've just sold a Euro cat/non adjust with delivery miles for $1.88m (no taxes paid anywhere). The car is just going through Classiche which can only increase its desirability and future value.
    A.T.

VetroresinaNL and joe sackey like this.
  12. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Hope you are well and congratulations Andrew!

13. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  14. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    trying to make some money off his name i guess.....

15. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    There could be a million reasons he's selling after just 2 years, some clients are revolving collectors and like to try a car for 2 summers and then it's gone and on to the next challenge, perhaps he's looking for an F50 or 288 GTO now, its could be he doesn't like it, could be for financial or health reasons. Whatever the reason, it looks like he purchased the car and added some value with TLC and Classiche Certification, so the next guy benefits.

Unlike a car delivered to him when it was new, I don't think his name will add any value to this particular F40, nor do I think that's the reason for selling, but if it is, then more power to him using his name as a 10-times Grand Prix winning F1 driver who also drove extensively for Ferrari SpA.

Caeruleus11 and ronc52 like this.
  16. Euroryno

Euroryno Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2015
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Ryan
  17. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    #143 275GTB, Nov 1, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    the so called "Berger F40" is up for a buy-it-now price of £925k, plus 10% buyer's premium = £1,017,500

and they finally declared it was repainted

it just looks like another tired old F40 to me, plenty better cars out there

joe sackey likes this.
  18. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    It has been enjoyed on the track quite a bit.

19. Karimsaid

Karimsaid Formula Junior
    Regional Sponsor

Oct 2, 2014
    If such an ex-Japan (little docs, track, possible modifications, unknown history/mileage progression), non-original (repainted, new seat red fabric), average condition, over 30k km) car is at the £1m mark, then you are fully justified to push over £1.2m for the amazing car you recently are putting your efforts behind...

20. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Just for the record, the post auction “still available” £925k ask price would be an all in price.

21. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Provenance is key.

22. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    ok thanks, great to know.

all that that tells me is the last highest bid on the auction was not real:
    £840k + 10% = £924k so they would not have sold it for the sake of £1000 seems very odd if my maths is correct?

23. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Agreed.

24. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K

Not necessarily odd. Auction houses are frequently willing to negotiate on the commission on a post-auction lot, and facilitate a deal since the incremental costs to the house of getting the deal done is very little by that stage. So if they took 50% of the usual buyers premium, the car could sell at £900k post auction, and still return c £15k more to the seller, and the buyer is c £25k better off. I have bought a couple of cars post auction, and have the paid just over half the buyers premium. For an example, have a look at the F50 post-auction sale at RM Sotheby's Paris in 2019.