CS Market | Page 437 | FerrariChat

CS Market

Discussion in '360/430' started by stokpro, Mar 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Yup. Beautiful CS. Exact same spec as mine.

2. ifeelfree0

ifeelfree0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    Medina, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dan
    This one sat at FCI for 16 months, Is there a valid reason? That is a long time for a car that appears to check the boxes and be priced reasonably. Lack of records?

3. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    9 owners, no records. No impetus to address the car or the price.
    Sent from my Samsung Note 8 using Tapatalk

4. ifeelfree0

ifeelfree0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    Medina, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Well...that peels the onion. Thx. Makes the auction hammer price even more interesting.

5. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Many of us have looked into the cars on market long ago, and also the guru’s commented offline and sometimes online. FWIW.

6. F1 SML8R

F1 SML8R Karting

Oct 20, 2012
    Irvine
    Full Name:
    Carlos M.
    The comments related to multiple owners or high mileage remind me of a fake Aston Martin add that comes up every once in a while. It’s a picture of an attractive woman with the tag line “you know you aren’t the first, but do you really care?”

My philosophy, if it drives well and is mechanically sound, I will drive it like it was meant to be driven. Otherwise, it’s just an art piece (or a dirty magazine, if we stay on the theme of the Aston Martin ad!).

It’ll be interesting to see if the FCI car just shows up at another dealer for an even more reduced price.

7. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    #10907 Sj_engr, Oct 30, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    I think the real one was a certified BMW ad from Europe (nsfw link showing the actual BMW ad and the fake AM one)

I would also agree that number of owners should not matter much but rather the service and care they put into the car. Could be a two owner, smoker that never changed the oil and always sat on the bloster....

F1 SML8R likes this.
  8. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    I like to drive my CS when I’m able to. When I can’t, I’m content to look at it as a piece of art sitting in the garage. I do just that most nights before I go to bed when I’m home. When I’m abroad, I look at my garage security cameras to make sure she’s safe. And I just like knowing that, as a Ferrari fan since childhood in the Magnum PI/Miami Vice days, I can tell myself......I own a Ferrari. And a special one at that. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that could happen. Point is......I think there IS something to be said for having this beautiful work of art in your garage. Why have Emilia Clark as your desktop backround if you can have her for real to “enjoy” whenever the mood strikes you.

9. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    2500km (Canadian car)
    Rosso scuderia / Lorica sublime
    With stripe
    Classiche certified

What do you guys figure it's worth?

10. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    I'm also torn on my 21k mile driver quality CS. US prices make sense to sell it but would be hard to replace here up north. The one at cats though was more than double the km with less desirable combination and asking wasn't too far off what I'd need for mine.

Cs is a special car though and undervalued still imo. I've paid more for 90s Porsche's that tick far less boxes than a CS.

dustman likes this.
  11. RobScud

RobScud Karting

Dec 29, 2010
    Full Name:
    Rob
    So what will happen to cars like the CS in 10-15 years time when electric cars will be taking over. Will prices fall as nobody wants them due to high taxes on petrol/diesel cars?

12. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    The opposite. Enthusiasts will want them even more based on the neutered experience offered by electric.

armedferret, CarbonDan and dustman like this.
  13. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Depends on where regulations go. I'm seeing pretty prohibitive taxes on older cars in some countries in the EU. I recall reading something pretty aggressive coming in Belgium for example.

Japan has had high road taxes for older cars for a long time though...and values are still strong there.

Personally don't see that happening in the US for a long time.

14. CarbonDan

CarbonDan Karting

Aug 19, 2017
    PNW
    ESPECIALLY the cars that have heavenly SOUND! That's the one big factor missing from EVs. In 30 years when EVs outnumber gas cars 100 to 1, just imagine the experience of hearing a 360CS fly by at 8k RPM.

15. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
  16. Matt Andrews

Matt Andrews Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    I'm watching the live stream. A bunch of american iron. I'll be a little surprised if there is an audience there to bid on it. but I guess we'll see...

17. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
  18. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
  19. Matt Andrews

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    just went through. No sale at $165 +fees.

What does "mileage exempt" mean on the title? is that a sophisticated way to say mileage unknown?

20. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    In some states once the car is past 10 yrs old they stop keeping track of mileage on the titles.
    Sent from my Samsung Note 8 using Tapatalk

21. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
  22. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    I think it’ll depend on the individual. When there are no more new ICE cars, people who owned cars powered by “exploding liquid” might be nostalgic. Some younger people who are engineering geeks might like it. But, honestly and unfortunately, I’d guess people would hate it saying it’s too noisy. Nobody loves drum brakes and I think exhaust noise will end up in a similar category. To be clear, I hope not and I’m not one of those people. Having had a few Ferraris, Mclarens, a Lamborghini, GT3RS, and such. I’ve settled on the CS as my keeper because of its beauty and (mostly) because the noise it makes.

arizonaitalian, RANDY6005 and dustman like this.
  23. Matt Andrews

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    What do you suggest it says? the seller wanted too much? Or there aren't buyers at a higher price? Auction fees were 8-11%. So the price was pretty close to $180k. I had the auction on in the background of my office yesterday. It was a bunch of american muscle. most cars were selling for less than 1/3rd the price at which this one no sale'd.

24. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Just the market timing at the moment. Could be election etc uncertainty related.