Known Exotics in Iowa | Page 35 | FerrariChat

Known Exotics in Iowa

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by Rytt, Apr 18, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Akram

Akram Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2009
    Clive, Iowa
    Full Name:
    Ray Salloum
  2. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    It seems the Ferrari community just keeps growing in Iowa! Thanks for the pics-love that 812 color!

Akram likes this.
  3. slysnake

slysnake Rookie

Dec 1, 2019
    Full Name:
    Dan Proctor
    Add a 360 F1 Spider in Keokuk. I'll have to post a picture later. :)

Akram likes this.
  4. JOHN_B

JOHN_B Rookie

Jul 3, 2009
    Vinton, Iowa
    Full Name:
    John Bendickson
    Also a red 1980 308GTSI in Vinton
    By the way where would you recommend going for service and/or restoration work if you were near Cedar Rapids?

5. LShannon25

LShannon25 Rookie

Feb 1, 2021
    Minneapolis, MN
    Full Name:
    Luke Shannon
    This thread looks like it’s quieted down quite a bit, but thought I’d contribute anyway.

The manual F430 was spotted in Middleton, WI when I lived there about 3 years ago. Pretty cool to see Iowa plates on a car like that.

The Diablo VT was at American Dream Machines in Des Moines 2 years ago, salesman said it was a long-time local car.

And I know this is an old topic on here, but you can see a picture of the F50 on the St. Donatus Body & Paint shop website, and pictures of a 288 GTO/F40 once a project at HARTek Automotive, in Iowa City. That doesn’t “prove” the F40 resides in Iowa, but super cool to see these cars at one point in the state anyway.

http://saintdonatusbodyandpaint.com/location.php

https://hartek.org/projects

Attached Files:

6. Lindy

Lindy Rookie

Sep 8, 2012
    I may be mistaken, but i think there is both a F40 and an F50 that reside in Iowa. Check posts from 5 plus years ago

LShannon25 likes this.
  7. Akram

Akram Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2009
    Clive, Iowa
    Full Name:
    Ray Salloum
    Lindy, The F 40 and 50 are in Johnson County with one hell of a collection, Probably the biggest in Iowa. There have been many new cars in the Polk County area but people are just not interested as they use to be, plus this thread is worthless without pics.

8. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    Great to see all of the exotics in Iowa!

Myron has a nice collection and just seems to grow/upgrade it!

9. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    I remember growing up in Des Moines in the 70s and early 80s there weren’t any cool cars there, at least that I ever saw or knew about.