Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 227 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    All those glowing comments on the F8 for months then flipping the said F8 within weeks for another car is a head scratcher. Even a limited 765 production will not keep or increase its value or will it ?

GT2goneF and Jo Sta7 like this.
  2. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    He’s selling the car? Sheesh. Very strange.

Boomhauer likes this.
  3. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I was waiting for my confirmed allocation of the 765LT. Once I received it, I approached my Ferrari dealer about buying back my F8. They happily agreed. Everything I proclaimed about the F8 holds true today. It is a stellar performer and a pleasure to drive. I miss it and on the way to Ferrari to return it, I was sad to see it go.

The 765 LT appeals to me greatly on many levels. While I was fond of the 720S appearance, I did not find it beguiling. I am highly enamoured by the aesthtics of the 765. Furthermore, the fact that it is a numbered, limited edition inputes a more special aura surrounding it. Its expected enormously engaging, compelling and harder core persona is particularly appealing to me.

Owning the F8 for 10 weeks and driving it for 1000 miles at absolutely no cost was a further bonus.

ScottS and GT2goneF like this.
  4. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Will the 765LT hold its value? Difficult to predict.
    What it has going:

- Limited, numbered - only 765 coupes;
    - track focused last ICE super car;
    - arguably most capable and highest performer in its category.

5. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Very nice way to say goodbye to it. You honor and honored it as you should. We respect your decision as it is your liking and choices you should follow and be happy with. We all hope you remain happy with it and may you get the same thrill or better.

Lastly, I apologize for assuming you were a Pista guy. I lost track of who owns what.

Many blessings and good luck on your new allocation.

Coincid likes this.
  6. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    Macs are no doubt very capable cars. CF tubs, powerful motors, sophisticated aero, faster than the competition on paper/track. Im sure people on this forum are not about to dump Ferrari on this basis alone. Or shouldn't. The plus for F: the brand Ferrari( and what it means to them), included 7 year free maintenance service, improved reliability/build quality over the years, better than average resell value, still some semblance of relative exclusivity. AND they are good performers.. Downsides are.. inferior user interfaces(MMI), especially when you compare it with Lambo. And we all pay extra extra for stuff.
    Macs are quite far from my radar range right now. Reliability/ build quality issues, relatively steeper depreciation. so called limited production aura( perhaps except the divine F1 ,P1, Senna and the like) does not hold true for the LT series. As for the "last ICE" supercar.. not quite.. if you consider the hybrid bridge before the pure EV era, anything that burns petrol is still ICE. I'm sure the LT will be great on track because its designed for that purpose. The 720 shape is not for me, maybe its the super large "eyes"; the rear is complicated, the up swinging doors are cool though. The upcoming hybrid offerings are on my radar but will wait till its sorted out and matures a bit. Meanwhile the F8 is worthy of hanging on to for a bit. The dealer is so happy to buy back your new car, they profit twice, You cannot do that with Macs as far as i know.

GT2goneF likes this.
  7. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    No slight to Ferrari. The F8 is amongst the elite of super cars. My reference to the last of ICE cars, meant soley ICE with the absence of electric assist. Every super car brand has its pros and cons but they share the fact that they are all marvellous rolling works of art that impart enormous pleasure to their owners.

8. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I am in agreement. I am not a McLaren fan myself, other than for the legendary F1. I don't like their looks and most of all their interiors. However, even if it isn't for me, I am always happy to see one around and respect he/she who owns one. Variety is the spice of life.

Jcmd likes this.
  9. MK11

MK11 Karting

Aug 4, 2019
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    MK
    Why not a Pista?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

10. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I believe the 765 will be more capable, immersive and unfiltered.

GT2goneF and Dicecal like this.
  11. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
  12. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Interesting.

I am considering an interim Porsche GT car before the new 992 GT3’s arrive.

I am nervous about the lack of power.

May the Horse be with you

GT2goneF likes this.
  13. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #5663 Shadowfax, Oct 29, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    I wouldn't be. Frankly I find the 991gt3rs the more satisfying to drive as a fun car than any Ferrari I've driven to date and i've never been left wanting for power in it other than for the odd overtake situation which may require a short distance to accomplish the feat. This is really the only area where Ive found the higher power of the Pista or Gt2 more handy - as it makes dispatching obstacles an effortless task - but overall on most fun roads all the additional turbo power becomes superfluous and largely unusable anyway. And even in that situation I find the potential of the gt3rs's engine is so huge and the power band so wide between gears its rare to find the opportunity to extract the full compliment (9000rpms). In fact i've found the benefit of the 9000 rpms can be used much more effectively than the power delivery and shorter more powerful bursts of the turbos as you can hold gear much longer between the straightaways and corners without need to shift. The gt3rs is an absolute blast to drive on tight windy back-road or mountain pass. It's an incredible machine. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to buy one Condor. You will absolutely love it.

GT2goneF likes this.
  14. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I wouldn't be concerned with the lack of power... The car will have plenty for what it is designed to do which is destroy tracks. The car is all about handling and perfect amount of power.

15. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    #5665 GT2goneF, Oct 29, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  16. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I totally agree. I am just getting itchy and there is not much around!

May the Horse be with you

17. pninja005

pninja005 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    Europe
    Beautiful!

The more pictures I see here, the more I think of changing my configuration from sport to standard wheels.

Are these RMSC?

GT2goneF likes this.
  18. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    #5668 wthensler, Oct 30, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    Tuesday morning I happened on a 991gt3rs while at Tail of the Dragon in TN, an 11 mile stretch of unbelievable very tight twisty, steep up and down road surface. I was able to pass the M3, and we played cat and mouse for quite a while - both grinning ear to ear. The Porsche has a strong pull and lovely sound (the 458 with a Kline system didn’t disappoint, either).

I agree with the above post - the gt3rs is plenty of car for roads like that, and in fact, except for very short bursts, I’d opine a turbo is mostly unusable in situations like this.

PS. I am also contemplating my next mid engine, and looked at the EVO yesterday. Would love to have the Spyder, but comfort and ergonomics are a bit lacking (did you see the boot?), and the low front end of that car wouldn’t survive the severe dips of the Tail, I’m afraid. So it may be a Tributo for me when the time comes.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

midengine, GT2goneF and SVCalifornia like this.
  19. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    that is beautiful. Fuji or Italia?

20. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Gorgeous! What wheels are those?

21. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
  22. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Just the Standard Matt Grigio Corsa.

Sent from my BLA-A09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

23. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    The color looks GREAT, metallic really shows the form of the F8 extremely well, I cannot wait to get pics of my car, I will share, I do believe it will be the only F8 painted the color I selected.

Kami777 and GT2goneF like this.
  24. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    My favorite Ferrari color tied with Rosso Fuoco.

GT2goneF likes this.
  25. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Alright so, nice move with the "questionbait"... What color may that be? You can't say that and pretend that nobody will ask...

Sent from my BLA-A09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

bwshihtzu likes this.