Testarossa Price Trends | Page 211 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. raysur

raysur Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2008
    So. Cal.
    Full Name:
    Jeff
  2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    A single mirror black/black Fully Serviced is coming for sale down the street.

It looks very nice original to my eye.

Will get some pictures once they finish up some do dads.
    I saw the motor on the floor the work was good!

Jakuzzi likes this.
  3. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    looks like it. He was in Coldwater and they mention a town near there. Nice to see it again.

4. stalwart

stalwart Karting

Apr 19, 2004
    Snohomish, WA
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    Nice exterior color, but why so many were made with the tan interior is beyond me. It reminds me of being at the RR Cullinan launch display on one Sunday afternoon, it was in Redmond WA, the home of Microsoft, there were a gaggle of foreign tech workers present. MANY, MANY hundreds of families mostly wearing their new favorite attire, blue jeans. In their questionable wisdom, the factory outfitted this new pre-production car with a pure white leather interior, I know this mule is destined for the crusher but still. The white leather was blue and streaky after 3 hours of abuse, normal leather cleaner wasn't touching it. I helped clean it up a bit later in the showroom and that poor car was TRASHED, and it had never even been on the road even once.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Already at 85k. I like the color but 360 wheels and 48k miles that’s a crazy price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. raysur

raysur Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2008
    So. Cal.
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Stop trying to talk down prices. These cars are emotional purchases.

Wheels are available and inexpensive. The mileage is nothing for a 30+ year old car. Someone needs to enjoy driving these cars.

MS250, mr308gtb and blkdiablo33 like this.
  7. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
  8. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    and I am a white TR guy!

But this black single mirror (which u will NEVER find in white here in the USA) is stunning IMO

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  9. Natkingcolebasket69

First i observe prices in an analytical fashion I don’t talk them up or down. I actually stopped commenting on BAT so I don’t influence in anyway shape of form prices and am not rude. So I’m not trying to speak down I am speaking factually.
    At 87k this is already high for this car. I don’t do emotion with money.
    Will it go 120k maybe, good for the seller. This is a nice color but that’s about it, the black one on bat that just sold at 90k was equally nice.

vonbeeler, Gary Sandberg and EZORED like this.
  10. Natkingcolebasket69

Xplodee had a friend with one for sale;)

11. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    That one was in pretty rough shape from what I remember. Whatever happened to that car? Did it get sold?

12. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    When clean tr will be 200 k the higher miles one under 120 will be a bargain these cars are undervalued it’s iconic less than 2000 cane to the usa

dkyranakis likes this.
  13. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    Tr look amazing in black

EZORED and dkyranakis like this.
  14. Natkingcolebasket69

We talking about the present. Seems like u live in back to the future II Marty)

15. Natkingcolebasket69

It is sold now;)

16. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P

17. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    There undervalued if anyone looking for a clean tr now is the time

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  18. raysur

raysur Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2008
    So. Cal.
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Crazy price means what besides a bidder overpaying? You are spoiling someone's high.

You have data points but no facts of what they should go for. You can't predict every condition and every color combo. You also can't predict the human factor. Maybe the car was owned by a lost relative. Surely you would do what you can to buy it back. But you just wrote that price is "crazy".

Going back in this post you've struck out too makes times only to post a rough car (soon after) to justify your point. You do talk down prices. I guarantee no one on this forum sees you as a cheerleader for Testarossas.

And sadly you've spent way more time writing about value than you've actually owned a Testarossa. I understand you aren't emotional with your money --but this is a car. Its original purpose was to evoke emotion. I am incredibly uncomfortable getting in and sitting inside. But I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. Just approaching the car gives me the biggest smile from the 6 year old kid in me. That emotion is priceless.

I will tell anyone looking to buy a TR series car look where the advice is coming from. Don't give a vocal person the power to ruin your purchase. You don't know what their motive is and shouldn't care. Enjoy the buying process, drive and enjoy. This is a unique car and the experience can't be plotted.

19. mr308gtb

mr308gtb Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2004
    Full Name:
    MeestahBig
    Having just bought a tr last month, I believe you are both correct and valid, but coming from different points of view.

I think NatKingCole (who I think is very nice and helpful), looks at these cars (a lot) and he sees all the "good deals", so for him, well this is what these cars can be bought for and what they are worth... so his realistic values are rather sometimes on the lower side of what a more casual observer might feel when looking at dealer/broker/private party "asking" prices.

We all saw that sweet Black tr on BAT that sold for like 95k all-in with the fresh service. Its just one of those things about auctions, you really never know who is going to be bidding that day and ready to buy.

I appreciate everyone's opinion. It's what makes this forum really great, but people need to understand the person's point of view and I think NatKingCole's point of view is very clear. He sees the deals.

20. Natkingcolebasket69

#5271 Natkingcolebasket69, Nov 2, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
    Well u are right I only owned it 2 years . I build statistical model for life so if u u think I struck out that’s fine. As long my employers think different I’m happy.
    Data points are facts- not sure why u don’t agree on that.
    I also have a FF and a 355 and I like prices.

This is not bat so i don’t think it has been influenced the price at all. I didn’t influence a 140k sale on BaT for a red TR with 18k miles but I did help Sonfield (member here) buy his 1 owner 13k for 100k and rhe dealer even give me $100 door dash for it lol.

I met plenty of members from the forum and am friends with them.

Just ask xplodee how many hours we exchange regularly about TRs and how long I helped parnelli to find his car (only for him to keep it 3 months)smh

I’m just French and tell it as it is. Maybe In person u wouldn’t find me so douchy;)

I think u just misunderstand my approach: I provide my view and ppl do whatever they want with it.I’d hate overpaying for it; but Apologize for offending;)

The TR is the greatest car ever I said it many times, if someone wants to buy that grey tr200k good for them;) Love them and always will.

sixcarbs and Parnelli like this.
  21. Natkingcolebasket69

I feel understood now;)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Gary Sandberg and Parnelli like this.
  22. raysur

raysur Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2008
    So. Cal.
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Data points are facts. You plot those and I get it.

To recap... when a sales price is higher than you predicted you go out of your way to find a rough car to drive your "a good TR is XXXk" point home. You've done this numerous times. And now Carguy's old car is "crazy" at that price. This is you not being a cheerleader. If you love the Testarossa I don't want to see how you treat the cars you hate. You are very vocal with this and persistent. It spoils someones high and isn't douchy --it is annoying.

I fully understand your opinion. My issue is your approach since my initial comment was your view of overpaying. With your logic the Testarossa should remain the price you sold your car for. And you been beating this horse for years. Once again you forget the human connection and the point of these cars.

The 308/328 forum has a positive environment that helps the experience of those cars. The 348/355 and TR section don't. You are a part of this.

23. Natkingcolebasket69

I don’t plot anything but since it’s of actuality with the news I shall let u believe what you wish.

I don’t go out of my way the prices are the prices : Like Tim (xplodee)Will tell u I’m a price hobbyist. Its second nature for me to look for
    All
    The prices and good stuff out there.
    I participate the same with the FF which I think is the ugliest Ferrari ever made (and I own one) and 355 which I dearly love.

I shared good, bad cars. From ebay, dealers, bat, friends. Again I shared Mr308gtb one owner car or so field car for 100k or so one owner 13-16k miles before they purchased it. At that price point of course there are more bad cars than good one but I shared them regardless. Didn’t see any complaints There. I didn’t see complaints on that bat at 140k red tr I posted, same thing for the one at 130 or the blue serra one that I also posted. Can’t pick and choose.
    Prices have gone up 15/20% during covid and that’s also a fact.
    They will slowly but surely creep back to 15 prices and up. I said that on a few occasions.

I don’t forget the human connexion- if someone wants any car they can go for them. One life to live, YOLO whatever you want to call it.

I’m one person. If someone wants that grigio TR,like most TR they should have a PPI and try to get any documentation on the car service records one.

If your friend wanted to buy this car I’m sure u would tell him/her to ignore anything I say but surely you would agree on ppi.

Have a great day!

24. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Awwww man don’t ruin this.....the drama is the main reason I go to these 2 forums.