430 - Scuderia Clutch Bleed with X431 | FerrariChat

430 Scuderia Clutch Bleed with X431

Discussion in '360/430' started by Animate, Oct 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Animate

Animate Formula Junior

May 21, 2004
    BC,Canada
    I've got a Launch X431 Mini ProS with Ferrari V10.95. Trying to do a clutch bleed.
    I'm using the following steps but can't see a clutch bleed option:
    Diagnose
    Ferrari
    430 EVO8
    F131E EVO8
    Gasoline
    System Selection
    Marelli Semi Automatic Gearbox System CFC301
    Special Function

There is no clutch bleed option in the subsequent screen.

Could I ask for a bit of guidance. Is there another menu I should be following?

Thanks,
    James

2. tstuli

tstuli Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2018
    NC
    Do you see it on another ferrari or maserati (the QP uses the cfc301). Sometimes the menus are inconsistent between models.

Sent from my SM-A515W using Tapatalk

3. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    The scuderia is the elp option and as mentioned check special functions under the 231 version under elp

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

4. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Just a fyi .. 10.95 seems to have added the ediff functionality that was missing on the tool. I haven't tried it but I figured I let you know it is there

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

5. Animate

Animate Formula Junior

May 21, 2004
    BC,Canada
    Thanks for the replies. I'll give it a try. Flash...that's good to hear it may support E Diff bleeding.

6. epb0

epb0 Rookie

Feb 27, 2015
    FRANCE
    430 ELP/ Marelli Semi-Automatic Gearbox System CFC231 / Special Function / Clutch actuator bleed

7. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    This^^^^

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    Yeah it seems the F1 bleed and the actuator bleed are the same function, run pump for X seconds. It is a super easy process once you get the under body panels off. I did see the e-diff but skipped it since my fluid came out bright red and my clutch is only worn 9-10% so guessing a clutch swap and fluid was done sometime recently.

9. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    The X-431 will run the pump for I think 30 seconds. It says how’s long the pump will run on the X-431 screen. I ran it once, refilled the reservoir, then ran it a second time and refilled the reservoir. The fluid came out bright red. I’m using Mobil 1 synthetic auto trans fluid.
    Like mentioned above, it was really easy. Daniel on You Tube demonstrates it in his video, and I just followed along.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. gatago

gatago Karting

Jun 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Marco
    James, does the new software version allow keys to be programed? Previous versions didn't have the option.

11. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    Someone shared a procedure where 16 key presses put the car into a learning mode. Then a unlock on the new key, then ignition turn with old key
    Is that for programming new remotes or just getting already synced ones to "wake up"

12. gatago

gatago Karting

Jun 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Can’t be this easy can it?!? Anyone try the procedure?

13. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    Someone posted that worked on a 360. Another tip was that if the car locked with the new key press that you need to manually unlock with a key and not press the old fob before turning on the ignition.

14. Animate

Animate Formula Junior

May 21, 2004
    BC,Canada
    Thanks all. Using 430 ELP got me to the clutch bleed procedure.

I ran it twice. Each time it bled 100ml of fluid. Does this sound correct? I was expecting more.

Also, I thought I read somewhere that the Scuderia was EVO8 rather than ELP. Is this true? Is it just that the clutch bleed routine wasn't put in all sections?

Marco, I have to be connected to the car to see what other functions are available. I'll check this weekend.

15. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    That amount of fluid sounds correct. Just keep doing it until the fresh fluid comes out the bleeder hose.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

16. Animate

Animate Formula Junior

May 21, 2004
    BC,Canada
    Would the key programming be under the Bosch Immobilizer System? If so I just checked that function and it doesn't do anything, at least with my car.