The Purosangue Thread | Page 45 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    It might simply be the case that it already has it. I would not be surprised if this thing was just a glorified Lavante.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Well I think that Ferrari has stiff competition already in this area and they wouldn't be my choice. I am on my fourth RR. You can spend a lot on these and I just bought a 2020 RR AB SVO. It's extremely well appointed and has a 557hp V8 which moves it pretty quickly. You can get these things as four or five passenger models but I have really liked the RRs. I had two sports and now my second full size RR. I drove the long wheel base version and didn't like it so stuck with the SWB, the SVO is more nimble than the regular RR but I don't think it's as good as the Cayenne TTS or BMW X5M in handling. However, it's better appointed and can go over some pretty rough terrain if needed.

Even the rear seats have massage and can recline with a leg rest. The LWB has more room in back and both sides can recline with the leg rest. In the SWB which I bought, only the seat behind the passenger has the leg rest.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Isn't there a redesign coming next year for RR as a 2022 model?

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  4. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I think so. They are on an 8 year schedule I think is what I read and I believe this style started in 2014.

RamsHmb likes this.
  5. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    The Aston DBX is the current best choice, less of a boy racer than the Lamborghini and not as pretentious as the Bentayaga. Just a beautiful elegantly shaped Aston derivative with an upgraded Aston interior and greater handling performance than any SUV currently being made.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

6. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  7. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I'm sorry, this is not as gaudy and pretentious

As this?

That Aston is every bit as gaudy, over the top, and pretentious as the Bentley, if not more.
    And the DBX is every bit as boy racer as this.
    Not sure how a word like elegant or classy can be linked to any of these monstrosities.

8. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    Let’s agree to disagree on the pretentious and boy racer opinions, but looking at your photos of the 3 suv’s and the Aston DBX is definitely the best looking.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

WilliamB and ferrarifanatic25 like this.
  9. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    What I wish is that RR made an 8 seat version with two passenger rows. I am stuck for now looking only at 8 seaters because of our 4 kids plus carpool. For lux it leaves only the Infiniti, Navigator or Escalade. Lexus doesn't have real seats in the third row.

plastique999 and wrs like this.
  10. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    The SWB is 196 inches while the LWB is 207 inches which isn't enough extra length to add the seats you would like. The Suburban is 226 inches long, Navigator L is 221 inches and that is how they get that nice extra two seats back there.

11. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    uhn2000 likes this.
  12. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    I'm surprised that people on this board are more interested how Ferrari suv will be look like than how it will handle curves, brake and accelerate ... :D

13. till.a.fischer

till.a.fischer Karting

Oct 18, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Till Fischer
    ... that's some news...
    4 doors but not as elegant as FF/GTC4

Sent from my SM-G973F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

14. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    It looks like a Maserati. Is it plausible that Ferrari is testing the Purosangue powertrain in a Maserati body ?

Caeruleus11, 456-boy and maximilien like this.
  15. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    are we sure these pics are recent and not recycled, prior to the Levante being announced?

Caeruleus11 and 456-boy like this.
  16. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    I personally agree with you, definitely the best looking model out of these three...but I still think the Levante is still the most gorgeous model in this category.

I'm sure the upcoming Grecale will be just as good and beautiful...just like Ferrari's FUV/SUV.

17. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I put the car in the pictures you posted side by side with the Maserati Levante Trofeo.
    Despite the camouflage the rear side views in the first picture show that the two cars are identical. The camouflaged car has the rear side window end section covered as well as a big section of the tail lights. The second picture shows what happens to the trophy when you covered parts of the rear side window and also the tail lights. The third and the fourth pictures apply the same comparisons from a different angle.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Caeruleus11 and 456-boy like this.
  18. till.a.fischer

till.a.fischer Karting

Oct 18, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Till Fischer
    Yes, Levante obviously.
    I'm relieved. I expect Ferrari to bring something special.

Sent from my SM-G973F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Caeruleus11 and MDEL like this.
  19. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Picture have been taken today as per the photograph specified. The mule wears a Levante body, a former cousin of Ferrari.

MDEL likes this.
  20. Data

Data Karting

Dec 11, 2007
    Great car but have you been happy on the reliability front?

21. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Yes but they go through brakes and tires so those are significant maintenance cost items. Nothing out of the ordinary other than wear and tear. I did have an air shock fail right after 50k on the first one I owned but they paid 90% of the cost since it was just out of warranty. Overall they have been good vehicles.

22. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I'm not surprised. Different mission for an SUV. Our Cayenne is peppy and fun FOR AN SUV, but if I want to tear up back roads, unless they're unpaved, it's the California or 911. For an SUV, I primarily care about how much groceries, luggage, dog food, etc. it can carry. Secondarily, good off road capabilities are nice. Thirdly, I think it's gotta sit higher off the road, otherwise it's not really an SUV.

My question is that if this FUV is to be used like a real SUV for hauling groceries, kids, pets, luggage, etc. And people put 10s of thousands of miles on them per annum, is build quality going to be up to the task? My wife loves the idea of a Ferrari SUV. My wife is not going to put up with sticky buttons, an unreliable battery, CELs galore, having to plug it in when not being driven, and all the other "charming" Ferrari quirks we put up with in the sports cars because they're so awesome and mostly get driven a few K miles per year.

On the other hand, if the FUV's mission is to be a second or third car and mostly for styling and profiling at the golf or country club, then forget everything I said!

T

Nospinzone likes this.
  23. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I'm not.
    Ferrari brakes are already mediocre at best, so no need to talk about those. I think it is pretty safe to assume that they will continue with the same old CCM rotors and T4300 lads.
    Handling? Why would we care? We are used to Pistas and the like. Doubt anybody whith a real interest in handling would buy such a thing for its handling. It will be tall and heavy. By Ferrari standards, it will handle like a double decker bus on marmalade wheels. It's an SUV, not a sports car or sports gt.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

russellmcg and pravda like this.
  24. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Yesterday very shortly after they've been released 456-boy kindly posted here the exclusive pictures of a camouflaged car with a Maserati Levante body that could well be a Purosangue mule. Later the same pictures have already been published on-line by several car magazines and by selecting one of them that has a better quality is noticeable an elevation on the hood of this mule possibly indicating that the engine that is being used is different from the original one and could have a greater volume.

456-boy likes this.
  25. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    That’ll be the air intake then :D