My 2.7 is back! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

My 2.7 is back!

Discussion in '348/355' started by OCKlasse, Oct 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. OCKlasse

OCKlasse Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 5, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brandon K
    True. Just good to know it’s there for a few years after. Sucks for everyone. Trying to say positive about it.

2. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    What in the world? A valve or a valve guide dropped? What valve guides did you go with?

3. OCKlasse

OCKlasse Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 5, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brandon K
    I believe a valve, but it's being torn down now to see what's going on. Not sure which guides. He used a guy in LA who I guess is "the" guy for head rebuilds, and he's used him numerous times.

4. OCKlasse

OCKlasse Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 5, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brandon K
    Motor is on its way out, and hopefully by Monday next week we'll see what exactly happened.

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. I'm going to use this time to restore some of the engine components to their former glory. Shout out to Elliot (@MAD828) for the inspiration :)

MAD828 likes this.
  5. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I'm so confused, you said "After nine months of a motor rebuild, I finally have my car back." And now your saying the motor is out?
    Are you saying you have had second engine failure days after getting your car back after 9 months of an engine rebuild.?

6. OCKlasse

OCKlasse Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 5, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brandon K
    That's exactly what happened. 280 miles after getting the engine back, it now needs to be rebuilt, unfortunately.

7. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Good lord. Heads, valves, bottom ends, pistons, many several times I read it frequently actully, I love 355s but geez.. :eek:

8. tatry68

tatry68 Karting

Oct 27, 2013
    Chicago Suburbs
    Full Name:
    Stan
    I used the "seat of the pants" method when buying mine. She pulled good and hard, so I bought it. Six years later, and one major done by yours truly, she still runs great and makes me smile. I bought my major service parts for what I would have spent on PPI's for all the cars I considered buying, and it looks like I lucked out and got a good one.

OCKlasse likes this.
  9. OCKlasse

OCKlasse Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 5, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brandon K
    I think it can sometimes come down to luck of the draw, and unfortunately, I drew a dud. We'll see what caused this second incident, but once this is all figured out, I have no doubt I'll have a very sorted after car.

tatry68 likes this.