Harris and the SF90 | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Harris and the SF90

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by Gh21631, Oct 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Let me know when Ferrari rolls out something faster than the Tautara @ $1.6 mio :eek:

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  2. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Tremendous top speed, frankly absurd!!! I am not so sure about the acceleration lower down though, given how long the ratios are.

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Nope that’s why I bought a 355 which I enjoy way more in the canyon roads. The ff is nice but as a daily I prefer my s63 coupe by far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Crazy indeed, i was surprised they put a Brit in the seat,probably the lightest they could find ?

5. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Probably one of all those laid off mclaren people looking for a more financially stable company to work at ;)

6. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    I think Peter Egan wrote about what people like about sports cars-the SWOOSH- factor. It’s not just speed but the entire package- when you take a curve at speed that puts a smile on your face. You don’t need 1000hp or even 100 but how it works as a package- engine, drivetrain, suspension, ergonomics and driver. Ferrari has always been very good at this- better than most manufacturers-whether the car was a porker or super light.
    As much as I agree we get use to the higher power figures, at some point humans cannot process the data fast enough to react correctly- hence all the electronic nannies to help us- enabling technology- fighter pilots need it and hyper powered car drivers need it. Without it we crash. Unfortunately even jet fighters with the most advanced enabling technology occasionally crash and so it will be with these cars- human error creeps in. Of course getting that close to the edge is part of the attraction.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Caeruleus11, cesman and Texas Forever like this.
  7. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Totally agree with this and how we can adjusted with the feeling of power and speed. When I first got my 991 GT3 I thought it was the fastest car ever, then my 488 made it feel slow as molasses. That being said, at least here in the US speed limits are not changing. Already got a speeding ticket this year unaware of my speed in the Speciale (not much higher than speed limit), so it could be tough *for me* to enjoy a Pista or even a SF90 on the road as much unless just cruising here in crowded Southern California. I'll admit my Speciale even feels slow compared with the new crop of turbo supercars, but I'm actually very happy with that fact so that I get to wring it out in 1st, 2nd, and even 3rd some times FWIW

mdrums and Caeruleus11 like this.
  8. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    An interesting area for innovation could be next generation Ferrari vehicles provide feedback to help drivers learn how to drive the car more safely while also extracting more performance. So as they start to push their vehicle to a higher level performance there is also a feedback system that is a compliment to the existing electronics that help the driving.

I am not sure how to implement this in a regulatory framework.

I believe the wide range of Ferrari customers could gain value here. It would be a huge differentiator for Ferrari. Interesting parallels that could use OEM technology of self-driving/piloting capability. Ferrari just builds on top of it a great software layer effectively trained by the world's best drivers and coaches. Then distilled into hardware.

Just a thought here on what comes after everyone has way more power than capability.

BarryK likes this.
  9. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    I agree, and already they have some steering feedback mechanisms on the latest cars to prompt counter steer etc. Ultimately, there is going to be the trade off between Ferrari driver vs Ferrari passenger as these systems do more and more, but given the performance wars going on right now between the makers, and roads that aren't getting any bigger, emptier, and human evolution barely keeping pace with the requirements for reflex etc, the cars will just get more autonomous underneath while giving the driver the sense that he is still in control. And that would be absolutely acceptable to many I think.

10. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

#185 Natkingcolebasket69, Jan 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    FF like any of those modern cars is not fun in twisties. Revs too fast, can’t enjoy the engine, one second and boom here come the next corner. It’s nice but truly older f cars were more enjoyable to me on back roads.
    FF isn’t any better than my s63 coupe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    It's a really interesting idea and Ferrari has been implementing a form of it in the FXX program for a bit. I remember reading that the 599XX had like 6-7 or maybe more setting on its mannetino equivalent and one dialled up or down based on how experienced and confident one was. They brought some of this learning to the 599GTO which was faster in Race mode rather than with aids off but with technology going where it is, I can see Ferrari taking this many steps further.

12. ntatfas

ntatfas Karting

Apr 27, 2011
    UK
    As you say the software is already, depending on Manettino setting, deciding if to make changes thus it would seem to make sense to articulate (via the speakers?) the reason the car is making changes and perhaps even what the changes are achieving. Having this off by default and opting into it when deciding on a spirited drive would be very interesting. Of course this will likely be a chargeable option so they do not lose driving course revenue, perhaps even a pre-cursor to being able to book the driving courses!

gzachary likes this.
  13. Headsuppassinglft

Dec 24, 2020
    Addison, TX
    Full Name:
    Christine Fritsch
    I just came from Boardwalk Ferrari configurator for the SF90 and was told the contrasting roof was a no cost option for this car because the designers really wanted owner's to spec it that way. That normally it's a high cost option on other models. The contrasting roof was the default and, personally, I liked it better than the body color option.

Lukeylikey and of2worlds like this.
  14. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Do you like red for the SF90 Stradale or something different in a paint color with the black roof style?

15. Headsuppassinglft

Dec 24, 2020
    Addison, TX
    Full Name:
    Christine Fritsch
    I like red. I thought I wanted Nero, but after seeing a few pictures in social media, I changed my mind.

of2worlds likes this.
  16. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    You might want to look at Rosso 70 Anni which was a variation on the familiar Rosso Corsa paint color. Ferrari introduced this new shade of red for their 70th Anniversary year in 2017.
    The 812 SuperFast is painted Rosso 70 Anni below >
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Headsuppassinglft likes this.
  17. Headsuppassinglft

Dec 24, 2020
    Addison, TX
    Full Name:
    Christine Fritsch
    That is a beautiful color. It looks slightly darker if I'm not mistaken. I like it.

of2worlds likes this.
  18. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Best to see that color in person as the difference is subtle. Perhaps the dealer has a client with a Ferrari painted Rosso 70 Anni or an example in stock.

19. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I actually find it brighter and more orange. I think the tri layer that is the closest to Corsa is probably TRS, albeit the depth makes it aapear a bit darker. But TRS is still very much a "Ferrari red" hue. 70 Anni tp me is a bit more like Scuderia. Not a huge fan of 70A to be honest.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app