Max Verstappen | Page 82 | FerrariChat

Max Verstappen

Discussion in 'F1' started by CRG125, Aug 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Any individual who loses his temper, verbally or physically, is wrong in my book.

Remy Zero likes this.
  2. 275gtb6c

275gtb6c Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2006
    europe
    Full Name:
    oscar
    Geez man, it is top sport and youngsters, not a yoga course......

ciao
    Oscar

stever, SimCity3, stavura and 3 others like this.
  3. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    I dunno, but Max always tries his best to be a bad boy in many people's eyes. To begin with, that incident with Stroll was purely racing incident.

I can accept if uses foul languages like #fcikers or #sasshole..but to call a retard on air..that takes it to another level. He needs to be punched in the face to be taught a lesson to respect everyone. He himself is a dangerous driver, IMO. what a dumbsass.

Manda racing likes this.
  4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    It's not the first time Stroll does something utterly idiotic. How many times has he impeded Verstappen, let alone anyone else, in any session? The guy has ZERO awareness of drivers around him. At times it results in crashes. So your damn right Max lost his temper. And so what? Who here doesn't swear when venting in heat of the moment?
    exactly

5. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +33

6. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Luckily nobody reads your book.

stever, Flavio_C, stavura and 6 others like this.
  7. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Survived my ban! Such a bad boy I am :)

stavura, 275gtb6c, Flavio_C and 2 others like this.
  8. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Ditto :p

stavura, 275gtb6c, fil and 3 others like this.
  9. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    The Merry Pranksters of the F1 forum return!

DF1, sammysaber and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  10. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Welcome to the club boys. We should form some sort of "Ban Mafia". :D

jpalmito, DF1 and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  11. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    I'm not glorifying Stroll here. He's as every bit to be blamed for this incident. That being said, how many times have Max been out of line? He's definitely the most rudest fella out there. But then again, when his dad is Jos, Max's behaviour is expected.

Terra and william like this.
  12. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    out of line in what context exactly? Speaking his mind?

13. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Yes. Like i said, calling someone retard, is really plain silly. Foul language is fine. But this is crossing the line, IMHO. Max has always displayed one of the worst behaviours on the grid, when it comes to someone overtaking him, or not giving him way.

william likes this.
  14. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Rightly or wrongly, ''retard'' is a common vocabulary these days. It's almost as common as the word idiot. Not saying it's right. I seriously doubt most people using it are doing it to intentionally offend people with mental retardation. It's like a throw-around word these days. I'm not excusing it btw, I'm not saying it's not a bad word.

Idiot as a word is widely used and largely acceptable. Few if any people would say ''you can't use that word because it offends people with low intelligence''.

Again, not excusing it, but the word is used as a throw-around these days...and it kind of his two meaning in contexts. I think in the context Max used it (and 99% of the time the word is used), it replaced the word idiot. The other one, meaning a person with mental retardation, very few people and only the lowest of the low would call someone with mental retardation, retarded.

---

As for Max's use of swearwords when you have idiots blocking him all the time, when he himself is pretty damn good on giving space in the same situations, well I can understand him getting annoyed. You spend a lap preparing your tires, charging the car and whatnot, to be time and time impeded by the same people...yes eventually you get annoyed. As it seems to be the same suspects every single time.

I like Max. He speaks his mind. He's not a PR robot like almost all others are.

PS other drivers which are generally more liked are just as foul on the radio....but it either doesn't get replayed or they get given lee-way.

SimCity3 and jpalmito like this.
  15. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Losing your temper and saying things that are offensive is fine with me. People can take it anyway they like. If the FIA doesn't like it, turn off the mics. These guys are in the middle of a speed contest, they have a lot on the line. When they come together with another car/driver, that costs them and their teams a lot. If they get angry, so what? This racing, not day care.

SimCity3, furoni and Bas like this.
  16. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016
    Also keep in mind that swear words are a cultural thing. The Dutch are more used to swearing with terms as 'retard' and 'mongol' (denoting Down's syndrome) than any other nationalities. Not to fully excuse him, but if he said '*******' in the heat of the moment, nobody would bat an eye. However the Dutch just don't call somebody crashing into them an '*******'

Bas likes this.
  17. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Idiot can be implied to someone who does/did some stupid thing. But personally for me, retard is taking overboard. That's purely looking down on people who are born that way. If you utter those words here, I can assure you that you will be in big trouble. An idiot is someone who chooses to be an idiot. A retard, or special people as i prefer to say, are just born that way. They didn't choose to be that way.

That being said, I understand Max speaks his mind. I speak my mind too. In business, and personally. It cuts the crap, and get straight to the point. But please remember that there's a thin line between being straight up, and being plain rude and arrogant. Max appears arrogant and rude to me. He always seems to think he's in the right, and he's never wrong. He can't seem to take it when he gets overtaken.

Attitude means everything. With attitude like this, he will never go far. Recall Seb being silly on the radio towards Charlie a few years ago. Same thing.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  18. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
  19. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    In the Netherlands, where Max grew up and so did I, swearwords typically have much less ''direct'' meaning. Retard gets used quite often (yes, both the English and Dutch version of it). As far as I know there is 1 swearword which causes significant offense in the Netherlands and is much frowned upon and that's ''kankerlijer'' (quite literally meaning sufferer of cancer).

The Dutch are quite more direct and upfront than most people are used to, even for people that claim they're direct or speaking their mind. I deal with quite a few Aussies where I am now and even they take offense....:p

SimCity3 likes this.
  20. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  21. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016

Hahaha, case in point, the forum's own language filter blocks out the example I used, but not the other swearwords used by Verstappen :p

Anyway, was sad to see his bad luck continue like that, showed some great pace in the corners. Makes me wonder, will there be a spec-series engine after next Agreement finishes? Would definitely not hurt the entertaintment value going off today's race

Bas and jpalmito like this.
  22. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Max was right, the person who chose to air his radio is the one wrong here.

stavura, furoni and Bas like this.
  23. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Yeah, Muhammed Ali was wrong all day long.

24. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I've been told suppressing anger leads to all kinds of health issues. Max is just taking care of his mind and body. :D

SimCity3 likes this.
  25. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Like father (Jos), like son (Max).

Just ask Max's mother (Sophie Kumpen) and Jos' father, and others . . .

william likes this.