Schumacher worked harder, Hamilton has more talent - Massa | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Schumacher worked harder, Hamilton has more talent - Massa

Discussion in 'F1' started by cmos, Oct 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    You should be banned for that comment!;)

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  2. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau

You are hilarious.

Are you aware this is a Ferrari site ?

Hamilton cruising to another 5 WDC's in that Mercedes won't impress many.

If you're trying to convince everyone on FerrariChat to your way of thinking, you're in for yet another 5 frustrating years :D

Don't you have a real job ?

stavura, jgonzalesm6, Bas and 2 others like this.
  3. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Agree.

Overcoming adversity and challenges are what people mostly respect and remember.

Lewis hasn't had an authentic challenge since 2016.

curtisc63 and Bas like this.
  4. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Narrow minded people are hard to convince of anything.........

william and ktu like this.
  5. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    AFAIK it is not a prerequisite to solely sing the praises of Ferrari drivers, if the said poster gives reasonable and valid reasons as to why they believe the contrary, it's not a problem as far as Iam concerned.

Then its up for discussion, as that being the point of a forum, especially in the F1 section, so a demeaning post about whether they have real work, is out of order IMO :rolleyes:

ktu and william like this.
  6. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

True but he has got a point. It’s like telling me, a French person, that baguettes are not delicious ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SimCity3 likes this.
  7. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    SimCity3 likes this.
  8. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

It's an interesting one isn't it ?

If ktu or another was on the Chelsea FC forum behaving in a similar manner I am certain he would soon receive a knock on his front door.

Tifosi are mild compared to football fans.

Bas likes this.
  9. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

+1
    Some remain unconvinced that Button and Rosberg would have also delivered multiple championships with Mercedes, or that Hamilton was selected principally for his marketing appeal, despite also being as fast as Button.

Bas likes this.
  10. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    More nonsense...
    Many years ago, I had the opportunity to visit the "Musée de l'Air" (= french museum of aviation) early one morning, empty of any visitors, just with a friend of mine; we had the museum all alone for ourself, except for one elderly gentleman sitting in the museum's "Spitfire".
    It turned out said gentleman was a former Free french WWII pilot. We discussed the colors of the plane, which were not period correct; his answer was "How would I know? I was there to fly them, not to study their colors"; and to the question: "who was the best?", his answer: "you ask any self-respecting fighter pilot, he would tell you "I was the best"; otherwise, he wouldn't be a fighter pilot, would he?" then: "look guys, I cannot answer these silly questions you are asking; I was a pilot, I am not an historian; I have a lot of memories I would be happy to share, but putting things in perspective is the job of historians, not mine".

Rgds

furoni and Bas like this.
  11. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I don't know if Schumacher's team mates are unconvinced of that or not, I don't think it matters as they all have the same conclusion on Hamilton vs Schumacher

12. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau

What exactly are Schumacher's former team mates comparing ?
    They cannot compare the 7 years of Mercedes dominance with the roller coaster Ferrari from 1996.
    Apples and oranges.

Bas likes this.
  13. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    #38 ktu, Oct 29, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    From reading the articles I don't think they are focusing on the car/team much, they are rather focusing on what a driver does with the car. Having been Schumi's team mates and having insider information on Hamilton's natural ability to drive, they say he has more talent. But Schumacher had a better work ethic and could work with engineers better than Hamilton.

14. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau

Hamilton has a natural ability to drive a near perfect car very fast.
    Schumacher had a natural ability to drive a POS very fast.

Who is better ?

15. Pis7a2020

Pis7a2020 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2019
    I would love to see what Hamilton can do with a lesser car.

All things being equal, I wonder who would come out on top. Would be a cool simulation.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

16. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Sources? I didn't read that from any of the drivers. I did find a article of Alonso disagreeing with you:

"For example, in 2009, that car wasn't very good and he was still winning races. Those kind of performances put him at a very high level"
    https://www.thenationalnews.com/sport/f1/formula-one-hamilton-one-of-greatest-says-old-rival-alonso-1.674528

17. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
    I posted this before but seems he's changed his tune from your article of 3 years ago - this month he says :

ALONSO: SCHUMI A STEP AHEAD OF HAMILTON
    https://www.grandprix247.com/2020/10/02/alonso-schumi-a-step-ahead-of-hamilton/

Make of that what you will.

Best,
    Sammy

stavura and Bas like this.
  18. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Yes I know that article, every driver will have their best. Jacques Villeneuve said Hamilton is better, Some of Schumi's team mates said Hamilton is better. Every driver will have their personal best, thats how it should be, nothing wrong with Alonso's statement.
    I was responding to the poster that said Hamilton couldn't drive a bad car, I posted a link that says Alonso thinks otherwise. Alonso has not retracted that statement

19. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau

The car being referred to is the MP4-24. From Australia to Germany it was a poor car, with Hamilton's results below.
    From Hungary onwards it was a good car. This is a fact confirmed by McLaren.

MP4-24 Hamilton, 2009

DSQ
    7th
    6th
    4th
    9th
    12th
    13th
    16th
    18th

20. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Do you know that the 2009 car was behind in development all year? All teams develop their car through out the year. No team car is the same as the first race. As Mclaren got better, other teams are developing at the same time. They didn't stop and wait on Mclaren to get better. Yet Hamilton made the car look better than it was, as his team mate often finished out of the points. As Alonso said, he still was able to win races. This is why multiple drivers rank Hamilton's talent above other greats.

21. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Honestly all these posts whether it’s Max Verstappen , Lewis Hamilton is an idiot, this one...
    They are all the same: they all end up with the MS fan defending him, KTU and William providing some legitimate info on Hamilton but saying u can’t compare eras yet still comparing them...

When will there be a constructive post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Subjective comment.

ktu likes this.
  23. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    The one with more race wins !!
    The one with more poles !!

Schumacher lived in a era where the rasion detra was to consume the tires as fast as possible, and then pit at track speeds for new tires and more fuel.
    Hamilton lives in an era where tire preservation is de rigueur because of pit lane speed regulations and lack of refueling; and having to start on used tires.

In many ways, the Schumacher era was easier.

william and ktu like this.
  24. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    When people will accept facts and stop dwelling on their own fantasy.

I was going to write more, but that would probably get me banned, so I won't.

The amount of nonsense, rubbish, unfair criticism, slander and mis-informed comments I read on this forum is unbelievable

25. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Sorry, but I disagree; the fact that Hulkenberg has been out of a drive for months, comes back and is immediately fast and scores points makes me doubt that today's cars are as demanding as were the cars of the past. I find it very hard to believe that today's drivers are driving at 105% all the time.

Rgds

stavura, Bas, SimCity3 and 1 other person like this.