Maserati MC20 | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Maserati MC20

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by TheMayor, Jul 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    The Alfieri was to be positioned under the GranTurismo at a price point to compete with the F-Type, 911 etc. Look for the new GranTurismo to have styling cues from the Alfieri

jeffb99tx likes this.
  2. shaun1

shaun1 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    shaun
    Fyi, I put a 10k deposit to and filled out that MC20 form showing what previous cars I owned. However the dealers lying to you if your build is locked or have an allocation. Who knows maserati might just give everyone an allocation but they are confirming allocations until december (Spoke to the maserati usa represenative himself) So don't beleive what dealers are saying since there is no concrete information out there.

3. Vader69

Vader69 Rookie

Oct 7, 2020
    Interesting. I got a 2022 allocation form from my dealer confirming the deposit and my signed spec. Hopefully its the real deal but will report back in Dec for further confirmation when the spec locks. Allocations still exist out there, Buffalo Maserati has one currently if anyone needs one.

4. Vader69

Vader69 Rookie

Oct 7, 2020
    My car speced at 288k with almost all carbon options. Allegedly 400 mc20 will be produced the first year. Who knows for how many years though.

ypsilon, Igor Ound and absostone like this.
  5. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    The car will be developed in the years to come. When Maserati will introduce their racing program for the new car, there -for sure- will be a "Corsa"-version thats road legal of the MC20.
    I`ll wait with my order until I see the "Spyder"-version early next year.

boxerman likes this.
  6. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    My understanding is that it is 400 for the US and 1200 total the first year. I assume the following year will have the convertible, then the electric version. I believe the dealers are currently building an "interest list" and not actually confirming allocations until December, but I could definitely be wrong. I am supposed to see one in person on Friday and will see what my local dealer will confirm. It's a great looking car on paper, hoping it looks as good in person, I'll post pictures if I can.

Rob

7. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    Alfieri has been kicked around for years, since I've been in the Masi world back in '13. I hope to see it come to fruition one day and would consider one as well.

pearsonhaus likes this.
  8. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    Masi re-establish Alfa? All are owned by FIAT, so I wouldn't think Masi would get involved w/ Alfa....

9. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    About 60% of the Maserati engineers developed the latest Alfa Romeo cars. I personally saw the production line of the Alfa 4C next to the production line of the GranTurismo in the Maserati factory some years ago. FIAT itsself has no sources to design a high reving sports car engine the -for example- Giulietta GTA has. This engine was also designed by Ferrari. Rest of the car (coachwork, chassis, suspension, electronics etc.) was designed by Maserati engineers.

10. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    Interesting!

11. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    They are all tied together. The head of design on the Giulia was from Ferrari. I am sure many engineers from Maserati helped and go between design groups. Now all focus is back on Maserati. The fact that nothing was happening with Maserati when the new Alfa's were under development should be the clue. Now we get few Alfa's and new Maserati's. Can't see this changing anytime soon as they are low on capital and will be for years to come. MC20 is a gift to car enthusiasts but will not make money just like the 4C was not a good money maker. Enjoy it. I just wish an Italian had designed the body, not a German. It looks like a Porsche 918 with a Maserati grill.

12. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Well, even cars from Ferrari were not designed by Italians only since they parted from Pininfarina....
    (The Enzo -for example- was designed by a Japanese.....)

Boomhauer likes this.
  13. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    When Marchionne took over the Big Chair at FIAT he moved Maserati from Ferrari to being paired with Alfa. Until the appointment of Grasso at Maserati, who ever was running Maserati was also running Alfa, be it someone from the FIAT or Chrysler management team. Today it’s Grasso at Maserati from Modena and Kuniskis (Chrysler) running Alfa from Auburn Hills.

14. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    I know. One of the ugliest Ferrari's every produced in my opinion.

15. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    Local Ferrari/Maserati dealer had a private showing today. Great looking car in person. The one they had was basically the launch version shown in all the release photos:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

I was able to get a copy of the options list and the "Bianco Audace" (Bold White) is a $14k option. I was excited to see that the "Blu Infinito," "Rosso Vincente," and "Giallo Genio," were three-layer paints. We are probably waiting for the not-yet-confirmed convertible option a year from now, but it is a very tempting car.

16. woody byrd

woody byrd Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2006
    cary, nc
    Full Name:
    woody byrd
    #241 woody byrd, Nov 1, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2020

Price stated in MotorTrend Article is $215,000 base price on coupe.

0-62 MPH 2.9 sec

I think they have hit a home run.

wbaeumer and boralogist like this.
  17. woody byrd

woody byrd Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2006
    cary, nc
    Full Name:
    woody byrd
    Motor Trend Story.

Attached Files:

Merak1974 and boralogist like this.
  18. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    Now that you mention......

19. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    Not following this! Pininfarina is an Italian coachbuilder for decades on end....

20. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
  21. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Since Maserati provides us videos of the car either static or covered by music and in the dark, its good to see it now in motion from all angles and...with its true sound!
    Thanks for posting!

22. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I think the one in Camo one is all electric. Why would they cover up a car they have already released? Something is different about it and it seems to have no exhaust sound.

23. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    I heard an exhaust note late in the clip from the camo car, but it did seem softer. Maybe a smaller gas motor hybrid.

24. rockminster

rockminster Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2003
    Lake Tahoe
    Exhaust note on the white one sounds dreadful IMO. I have a deposit on the MC20 and if that's what it sounds like on full boogie, I'm out.

F1tommy and docapl like this.