FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRANDE PREMIO DE PORTUGAL 2020 - PORTIMAO....RACE ▄▀▄▀ Spoilers ▀▄▀▄ | Page 13 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRANDE PREMIO DE PORTUGAL 2020 - PORTIMAO....RACE ▄▀▄▀ Spoilers ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Oct 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Isobel checked out in late July I think. That's a shame she always had something worthwhile to contribute.

jgonzalesm6 and Bas like this.
  2. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Yes but nowadays there's not much to say, f.1 it's a rigged series, with a pre selected victor in a 2 race car where one is a designated number 2 while the other keeps hoarding victories deprived of merit, since there is no real competition....What f.1 needs is a fair fight between the two fastest drivers, Charles and Max, untill then we are in this sort of limbo that will soon be forgotten, except for a few funboys that trhive on stats rather than racing.

fil and jpalmito like this.
  3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I noticed. I hope she is ok. She was very afraid of Covid due to her own medical history.

375+ likes this.
  4. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    I remember Can-Am where Bruce and Denny took everything,
    Over in F1, there were years at Williams, McLaren, Ferrari who took essentially everything, too.
    F1 is simply in an era where the Tifosi are not being rewarded.

ricksb and william like this.
  5. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I tried to reach her a while ago without success, if anyone has her email, it would be nice to try, just to make sure she's ok...

Bas and 375+ like this.
  6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The mods have that. @NeuroBeaker maybe you could reach out to her? She quit posting after July 25 and was an active member before that here as well as in P&R.

375+ likes this.
  7. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Yes, if you can Andrew, it would be nice, she probably just got bored with this place (who can blame her) but after what hapenned with Fast Ian it would be good just to know that she's fine, ust to reassure those of us that one way or the other care for her.

ricksb, Bas and 375+ like this.
  8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Fast Ian was on my mind as well.

ricksb and kraftwerk like this.
  9. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Ignoring the more onerous part of your post, therefore bluntly put, if you think that is the case, why on earth do you even bother to watch it. :confused:

william likes this.
  10. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Because there are ferraris racing, znd i suport them winning or losing...

stavura, jpalmito and Bas like this.
  11. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Stats mean almost nothing. Do we really think Sir Stirling Moss is 'normal' just because he wasn't a WDC? Or that Vettel is better than Senna because of more championships? Bollocks.

Diego Maradona's name is always thrown about there with Pele and George Best. And yet, we have Messi who is considered the GOAT, when in theory, he didn't win anything at National Level. And then there's Cristiano Ronaldo. Who won championships in England, Spain, and Italy. yet Messi fanboys will always cast him aside, when Messi only won championships in Spain.

It's all about relation, and connectivity. It's a human thing. I will never consider Lewis among the greats. Lucky, for sure, and some strong races, but hardly any iconic performance that enables him to be remembered. He's yet to show anything in an average car. As someone said. From the 90s onwards, only MS, Fred, and probably Shaarl can perform in a POS car.

furoni and Bas like this.
  12. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    That's great and Vettel has more wins and championship then Senna, so does that make Vettel better then him? If we just look at stats he is number 3. If you say he won because the Red bull was so dominant, well it was no where near as dominant as the Mercedes. I remember how the media, other drivers thought he was the most talented driver in F1.

13. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Agree, I always enjoyed her contributions.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  14. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Please. Lewis had 1 DNF more than Rosberg.

Entirely offset (and more) by him punting off Rosberg in Canada and Rosberg moving over for him in Monaco.

sammysaber likes this.
  15. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    That's why you have to look at a drivers whole career, Hamilton has been getting stronger with age, Vettel has declined.

16. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Realistically Vettel has done little since 2014.......

tifosi12, william and ktu like this.
  17. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    I disagree, he was doing a good job when he joined Ferrari. They were on the right track, I think where Vettel started cracking was middle of 2018, specifically when he threw it off at Germany while leading. I still have hope for him.

Bas likes this.
  18. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Nice review by BBC of Vettel at Ferrari. This was done when his announcement of release was done - https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/52627667

CRG125 likes this.
  19. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I think Vettels's best days are behind him now. To me, he is now a broken man.

But I agree that his crash at Hockenheim in 2018 was a turning point in his career.

I believe he already had an "unexplained" crash the previous year in Mexico too.

20. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Put Hamilton in the 2016 Ferrari and i assure you he would have declined too.

Bas and stavura like this.
  21. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Nope, Hamilton is not built like that.

22. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Yeah you are right
    Maybe worse..
    " please Bono, tell me what to do, I can't overtake him!!"

23. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Anyway, making suppositions that cannot be verified is absolutely pointless.

Hamilton wasn't in Vettel's Ferrari in 2016. Period.

I wish people come down to earth ...

ktu and Cavallino Nero Rampante like this.
  24. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    We don't know that, he has not been in a similar situation. I hope Hamilton is smart and leaves the sport out on top. Same can happen to him if he stays too long.

DF1 likes this.
  25. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    They were talking about Seb’s decline in Practice and felt that Singapore ‘17, THEN Hockenheim ‘18 is where he started to unravel. In both instances, he was leading the WDC and made critical as l errors. He hasn’t seemed to recover, with multiple issues of spinning out. No joke, he was in one of the virtual GP’s during the shutdown and spun out in lap 1