Another work of Art 388 GTB | FerrariChat

Another work of Art 388 GTB

Discussion in '308/328' started by miketuason, Oct 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
  2. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I've been saying for 10+ years that resto mod or Singer-style 308/328 would be a dream come true. I saw this car on IG recently and was smitten with it.

GuyIncognito likes this.
  3. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I don't like any car mod so I don' like restomod, but when you see a guy that works well, the result il always a great car and deserve much respect

ciao

BLACK HORSE, Rosey and miketuason like this.
  4. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    i love it
    reminds me of mine

miketuason likes this.
  5. Alex308qv

Alex308qv Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    PA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Impressive artistry and workmanship, and as a purist I’d be delighted if this brings renewed respect to the venerable and iconic 3x8. I appreciate the restraint in exterior and interior modifications except for the outsized rims and rubber. Can’t wait for the “Hot Wheels” design fad to pass.

kiwiokie and miketuason like this.
  6. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Contact Aaron at ATS Exotics. If you can get a base car, he can make it everything you want. No affiliation except that I love his 700 HP 308.

miketuason likes this.
  7. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    EVO magazine did a feature story on this car a month or two ago, they were extremely impressed.

miketuason likes this.
  8. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I have to say that I am much more impressed by this one than by their "Dino" with a V8 engine, which was horrendous to me. That little V6 is so much the character of the "Dino" - and its sound - that exchanging it for a V8 was a major sin to my eye. I would have accepted enlarging the V6 capacity, but substituting a V8 for the V6 was killing the character of the "Dino". This time, with the 308, they did it right.
    (And please, somebody, someone tell them to put a V6 back in the "Dino", the sooner the better...)

Rgds

miketuason likes this.
  9. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Karting

Sep 9, 2013
    Washington, DC.
    Full Name:
    "VD"
    First thought vs. second thought.

First thought: If I my disposable income were to suddenly increase by an order of magnitude, I would happily to send my car to those guys and have them build her into my own version of the perfect 308. (Which would not involve big fender flares or Daytona seats by the way.)

Second thought: But . . . If I sent good old "Ruby" to those guys, I would be saying good bye to My Car -- the one I have sweated over, bled over, and cussed like a sailor about, for these many years. The car that came back from their shop would be undeniable faster, quicker, slicker, and sexier than I could ever have made her in my humble suburban garage . . . But she wouldn't be mine anymore. And after a weekend or two of leaving tire marks all over the local backroads and blowing folks away at the Cars and Coffee, I think I would be pretty sad about that.

Then again, maybe I'd get over it...

rjlloyd, MFlanagan and Rosey like this.
  10. ATSAaron

ATSAaron Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 1, 2004
    Shady Shores, TX
    Full Name:
    Aaron Bunch
    Wow, thanks so much for the mention!

Aaron

11. ATSAaron

ATSAaron Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 1, 2004
    Shady Shores, TX
    Full Name:
    Aaron Bunch
    This is why you find a shop that works with you to realize YOUR dream of the perfect 308, not theirs.

I drove my 308 with 240 horsepower for eight years before pulling the trigger on the crazy build that it is today. I remember driving specific corners thinking, this is nice, I don't need more than this. I was wrong. Really wrong. My car is better in every way. The AC is colder, the brakes are better, the engine is incredibly more powerful, but also starts easier, gets better mileage, etc. I've put 3x the miles on it as a modified car in the last several (five?) years And I agree with just about everyone on body modifications. Yes my car has a 288 GTO style nose, but those are bolt on parts and I can swap back to my original US spoiler if I ever choose.

Aaron

12. DonB

DonB Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2003
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Don Bartz
    Let us know what you did on your car..would be interested.

ragtop1 likes this.
  13. ATSAaron

ATSAaron Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 1, 2004
    Shady Shores, TX
    Full Name:
    Aaron Bunch
    Thomas Magnum and GordonC like this.
  14. DonB

DonB Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2003
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Don Bartz
  15. ATSAaron

ATSAaron Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 1, 2004
    Shady Shores, TX
    Full Name:
    Aaron Bunch
    THANKS! I don't mean to oversell it, but it's absolutely awesome to roll up to a heavily modified C6 Z06 Corvette and just walk out of his life.

16. AtSomePoint

AtSomePoint Karting

Jun 20, 2009
    Miami Beach
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Great list and a great story. I'm sure your friend would have approved.