Ferrari ROMA | Page 124 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    elmadi likes this.
  2. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    elmadi, stavura, Boomhauer and 2 others like this.
  3. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Of course not. But there are some interesting economies being created in this post public company era. My point Ws only that on face, the values are similar but occupy different niches and different depreciation curves.

Do I want to add a Roma ? In theory. But I am not sure what I would be willing to lose. I cannot just add. Not enough space.

Have a second. And. Third and a fourth. Etc. I like it but what would I use it instead of?

Would you trade a 488 for a Roma ? An 8TT for n 8TT?

ScottS

4. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
  5. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    aepma, glennkreisel, Maggio23 and 8 others like this.
  6. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    008 likes this.
  7. SJU

SJU Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Sal J
  8. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Titanio, had it on my 488 Spider and loved it on that car as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vcappp and of2worlds like this.
  9. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Those particular silver wheels really compliment the smooth shape of the Roma. Wonderful build spec there wearing Grigio Titanio!

Matt L and tomc like this.
  10. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    One with shields, one without!

Nice.

SV

tomc and 008 like this.
  11. mroz

mroz Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    California
    Did the Roma test drive Ferrari San Francisco today:

I test drove the Roma today at Ferrari San Francisco. Considering the car for a 3 hour commute
    from the Bay Area to Tahoe a couple times a month and local driving.

I was expecting a good experience but nothing special. Told my wife I wouldn't but the car today. Just considering. She was with me on the test drive.

Of course the Roma looked good on the outside. Better than in pictures.

Sitting in the car I was impressed with the over all feel. Very luxurious.
    I looked at my wife and noticed she really liked the interior. First of all that's not normal.
    The view out the front window was really pretty seeing the curves on the hood.
    The dash made all other Ferrari's look dated. I like the tech look. Nothings perfect.
    On start up the sound was good. The exhaust sound gave a feeling of a positive lively get up and go tone.
    Not to deep. Light sounding. Like horses wanting to go.
    Drive was great. Comfortable for long distance. Feels like a luxury car. Has a good range on the mannetino
    from comfort, a sporty ride and race. Felt like a real Ferrari in race mode. Was exciting.

Juanita really like it. Went in and added all possible leather options and placed the order.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

elmadi, Lunch Bag, vcappp and 8 others like this.
  12. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    THE FERRARI ROMA WINS 2020 CAR DESIGN AWARD

Maranello 28 October 2020
    The Ferrari Roma has won the Production Cars category of the prestigious Car Design Award, which ran from 1984 to 1997 before being relaunched in its current form in 2016. The remote 2020 prize-giving ceremony was held today on the Car Design Award’s YouTube channel. The plaudit is an acknowledgement of the work of the design teams responsible for the automotive sector’s finest production designs of the year.

Launched in 1984 by Auto&Design magazine, the Car Design Award is aimed at projects that have contributed to the evolution of car design. This year’s winners were selected by an expert jury of 12 journalists from the leading international car publications, including Auto&Design itself. In assigning the Production Cars to the Ferrari Roma, the jury stated that “The Ferrari design team, led by Flavio Manzoni, did an incredible job with the Roma. This car reinterprets the classical lines of a Gran Turismo car and projects them into the 21 st century thanks to sensual, evocative and cutting-edge design”.

The Ferrari Roma is Maranello’s new 2+ coupé, a model with sublimely refined, timeless design and all the power and agility required to guarantee a unique driving experience. Its signature Italian styling is a contemporary reinterpretation of the carefree lifestyle of 1950s and ‘60s Rome, from which it takes its evocative name, Roma. Stylistically, the Ferrari Roma is characterised by clean, symbiotic forms. Its beautifully harmonious proportions and elegantly pure, balanced volumes are verymuch in line with the Ferrari mid-front-engined grand touring tradition of which the 250 GT Berlinetta lusso is the most iconic example, and from which the car takes itsinspiration. It embodies an extremely modern design language, which underlines its authentic, refined styling. Equally, however, its sleek lines retain the sporty vocationshared by all Ferraris. Image Unavailable, Please Login

elmadi, vcappp, greg328 and 1 other person like this.
  13. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Which red is this? Mugello?
    T

of2worlds likes this.
  14. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Yes, Mugello. Close as I could get to Barchetta without an extra $30k!

of2worlds likes this.
  15. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    Whoa!! man! so beautiful.. write us some reviews when you get it.

Spider68 likes this.
  16. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    Wow! that red is aweeeeeesooooooommmmmeee
    Write about it when you get it.

greg328, Spider68 and 008 like this.
  17. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    #3095 VGM911, Oct 28, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    Can anyone proficient in photoshop shorten the car by removing the equivalent of 8 or 9 inches in length between the leading door edge and the rear edge of the front wheel well? And...can you remove the shield from the front fender? Thanks.

[​IMG]

Spider68 likes this.
  18. john Owen

john Owen Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Owen
    The Roma looks equally sensational in both Titanio and Mugello. This car suits all colors but these two particularly suit it.

tomc and 008 like this.
  19. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Thanks! Will do. Hopefully in 30-40 days.

llk likes this.
  20. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Thank you and will do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    Easy wait you know it’s coming :) for us waiting around for a factory dates arggg

008 likes this.
  22. bmcginn

bmcginn Karting

Dec 11, 2005
    I drove the Roma last week and agree with most of your observations, but disagree with others. I think the exterior is stunningly beautiful. And while it looks somewhat Aston Martin like in photos, in the flesh it looks like a Ferrari. I loved how it rode and handled and really liked the eight speed transmission and the increased settings on the mannetino. Where we disagree is on the interior. While I think it’s visually appealing, it’s a little tight. I’m 6’3” and my wife is 5’10” and it was snug for us. And while you’re probably right that the interior makes all other Ferrari’s look dated, I’m not so certain I like the tech look, especially the iPad like device. But what disappointed me the most was the conversion of the Red Start/Stop button with a flush mounted digital button. We’ve owned our Portofino for over a year and I still get a charge when I get in the car, close the door, and push that Start/Stop button. Will I buy a Roma, probably at some point, but not for a while...I’m still in love with my Portofino.

gds7368 and russellmcg like this.