A V6 now! | FerrariChat

A V6 now!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Doc_Dent, Oct 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doc_Dent

Doc_Dent Karting

Mar 2, 2015
  2. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Can’t wait for their turbo inline 4. Those engines are always epic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #3 paulchua, Oct 27, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    Doesn’t bother me, Ferrari have been using V6s on and off the track since the 1950s.

To think that Enzo’s own son also said his father would be the first to embrace electric (Piero said it back before it wasn’t in vogue to boot)

The horror.

"He (Enzo) would have been fascinated with angle of producing hybrid or electric vehicles. He would have been the first to do it. He would have been the first to look to the future."

-Piero Ferrari

The most important thing to notice here is the video was created before all these current changes, it was made years before hybrids/electric cars were more common. So it can't be Pierro trying to justify current changes.
    (start at 5:00 if you want to skip to Pierro's comments)

The funniest thing is some purists come back at me even with this and still say they know more than Ferrari's OWN SON and part-owner.

Don't be offended if I place more credence on Piero than some person that happens to buy a Ferrari or two...

Il Tifoso and NürScud like this.
  4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #4 paulchua, Oct 27, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    A 4 cylinder? OMG! What is Ferrari coming to? I mean just because they had six of them in the 50's, means they can't have one now (I think that's the line of reasoning)

I think the Admiral would not be concerned. Neither would I.

Purists often forget Enzo made fun of aerodynamics and mid-engines, well until he didn't. Purists pooh-poohed cars like the Dino or non-V12s...well until they didn't.

Il Tifoso likes this.
  5. Doc_Dent

Doc_Dent Karting

Mar 2, 2015
    I guess it is a matter of (taste and preference):)
    As simple as that,,,

paulchua likes this.
  6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Agreed 100% No right or wrong! Some prefer ICE - count me among one of them. The great thing is with ICE if that's your love, there are many to choose from. The 'electrical' revolution is still a long way off.

Doc_Dent likes this.