One Car Only | Page 3 | FerrariChat

One Car Only

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by SoCal to az, Oct 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Worse than Fcar or Lcar? I don't know...last Fcar I was in was a F40 and it was unbelievable the attention it was getting. Very dangerous with other drivers taking cell phone photos while not realizing they were drifting into the F40's lane. GTR is way more sleeper than an F or L car even for stoplight I'd think. At least an all black GTR is...can't speak for the orange or red ones.

GT2goneF likes this.
  2. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    agree. they do get so close to the tail just to check out what car it is.

3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    So ditching the new house, the Pista and 720 for simplicity? I get it but not quite there.

GT2goneF likes this.
  4. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Every boy racer will try and get you to drag race.

5. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Second home....in addition to...

Gh21631 likes this.
  6. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I've been working on getting to south Florida which suits my lifestyle but I recently started thinking maybe Scottsdale and a smaller place in San Diego for the summers.

7. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    You don’t want to be in Scottsdale for the summers. Winters- amazing place. But stay away in Sumer.

8. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Same or worse with south Florida imo. Step outside and in 10 minutes you feel like steaming wet rag from the humidity. Air is so thick it's hard to breathe. :eek: ............ Winters? Amazing place! :D

9. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Beats the cold.

10. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Foe me the choice is easy: a 911 speced to my liking.

mclaudio likes this.
  11. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    San Diego for summers and Scottsdale for winters would be perfect. No need to ship cars cross country when you switch locations with that setup and a lot of nice driving roads close to both unlike south FL. I think south FL is only tolerable for a weekend trip and I was born and raised there.

12. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Bas and Thecadster like this.
  13. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  14. Basal Skull

Basal Skull Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 26, 2010
    Vancouver BC
  15. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    Drako GTE !

16. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    My latest

Cheap, fast, reliable, get it fixed at any GM dealer, low maintenance costs and rather pretty. Filled with more creature comforts than a luxury SUV. Cameras and collision avoidance systems literally everywhere. No worries of "high mileage", "massive depreciation", or "diminished value" from a fender bender from an idiot in a Hyundai.

Say what you want but the Americans have finally gotten a Sports GT right.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Thecadster, tomc, absent and 5 others like this.
  17. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Best looking one Ive seen so far.

BT and Mang like this.
  18. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    A good friend of mine has an orange over black coupe on order. I think they look great. Congrats on the purchase.

19. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Alfa gulia, probably the best driviNg modern out there. Looks nice, not too ostentatious for a daily, back seat etc.

harder core cayman gt4 boxster.

A pure exotic is too much hassle for a daily and frankly the top two have far more performance than can be used on road already. If you haven’t driven the Alfa do yourself a favor and try one.

LightGuy and greg328 like this.
  20. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    If I could have only one car, and my wife had an SUV or something (my wife hates SUVs, so not realistic for me), I would keep my Porsche 981 Cayman S. It does everything I could want.

If I were literally only allowed to have ONE car, period, it would be my Mercedes E400 wagon. Fun to drive, great traveling machine, and can carry a pretty substantial load-- plus go skiing.

21. JCaspar

JCaspar Rookie

Nov 24, 2019
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Jeff Caspar
    Can't live without a pickup truck so Ford Raptor or Hummer EV with 0-60 in 3 seconds.

22. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    I am a little surprised no one has mentioned the AMG GT. From the reviews I have read its right there with the 911 in overall performance and you do not see them everywhere, at least I don't. Saw a beautiful blue roadster yesterday for the first time and boy does it have a presence when it went by.

plastique999 likes this.
  23. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I agree, I own a 2018 Giulia TI sport performance. It has much better acceleration and handling than my previous 308 and 328 F-cars. Not quite the same visual presence as those but still made in Italy, and every bit the sports car in that regard, with a backseat for my young daughter!

Frankly, it’s amazing what manufacturers are doing with 2 L turbocharged 4 cylinders these days. Rated at 280 hp and I believe 306 foot pounds of torque, it pulls much harder than any of my previous Ferraris, and accelerates similar to my previous E46 M3–while averaging 24mpg around town and 30mpg on a highway tank.

I only wish Alfa would’ve followed through and made the US versions with a manual transmission as initially promised. But my car does have paddle shifters if I want to shift manually. Not quite the same admittedly.

Finally, these cars can be had at bargain prices, as they don’t seem to be moving very well off the lots—even though I do see more and more out and about. Great opportunity for enthusiasts with limited capital right now.

Greg

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

ShineKen and LightGuy like this.
  24. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Wow, quite a change of direction. I’m looking at moving to Greece and sort of contemplating the same thing. I’d say 992 TTS. Buy mine next year if I bail.

25. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    I have the Quadrifoglio verson.
    A little rough for a coast to coast drive but fine for everything else.
    Either this or a 911 turbo of some sort.
    Daily driving a true exotic sounds neat and everthing but the real world practicality would wear off quick.
    If the newer GT2 or 3 have a soft suspension mode that would be a sweet choice.
    My 996GT2 rides like a buckboard wagon.