One Car Only | Page 2 | FerrariChat

One Car Only

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by SoCal to az, Oct 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

S63Coupe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
  3. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    specifically the
    Porsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid Sport Turismo

GuyIncognito and tritone like this.
  4. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I’m leaning GT3 or 488. 488 is exotic, reliable and can be had for a low cost relatively speaking currently....

GT2goneF likes this.
  5. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Perhaps a Panamera TS. Pretty fast, good handling, all wheel drive, carbon ceramic breaks (no break dust), 4 person car, rear seats fold down for extra storage, fairly good mileage (22-24 mpg cruising @80) and range over 400 miles, relative reasonable maintenance and insurance costs (compared to a FF) and a couple year old used one is not going to break the bank. Good DD and grocery getter IMO. Have driven mine for 30k miles after purchasing with with 12k on the clock and no problems.

6. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Tesla Model S P100D, crazy fast when I want it, comfortable and plenty of room for anything I might need the rest of the time.

7. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    No Tesla. Have owned 2 of them. I can’t stand the interiors and the lack of soul. Would get something more exotic!

8. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    This is such a wonderful thought exercise and the fact you're thinking about doing it is even cooler :) I'd love to be "tooling" around in a white F12 or 812, but not sure how I'd handle the MN winters. Probably need to move South first - LOL.

MDS

greg328 likes this.
  9. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Probably my favorite was my 1999 Tacoma SST (short bed / 4 cylinder / 5 speed). Put some decent tires on it, and it would be plenty of fun in the mountains.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  10. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    #35 VGM911, Oct 17, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    For me, the "right" car to own for the purpose of this exercise is somewhat dependent on which cars I've owned previously....my age, and where I live.

An older guy who has had all (or most all) of the cars that ever interested him (and that would be me) looks for a car that might just be the final car he buys. My Audi TT and Volvo C30 suit my late-life needs just fine and I'm enjoying both of them, especially with no kids to cart around.

They're both practical (both being two-door hatchbacks), handle the snowy Northeast winters here with either FWD/AWD, economical (4 or 5-cylinder), small (I love small cars...these are both 167 inches long), comfortable (the seats are great), and fun-to-drive (albeit neither is a true sports car, by definition, but then who needs or wants one at my age).

One last thing - at my age, I don't need or want a status symbol/trophy car parked in my garage or in my driveway with the not so insignificant depreciation/insurance costs.

greg328 likes this.
  11. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Nissan GTR. No one will harass you. Lots of people know what a GTR is and respect it and you'll always get a thumbs up. Those who don't know won't know what it is and just see a Nissan badge. Very fast, loads of aftermarket parts to customize how you want, luxury interior with tons of features and decent infotainment, lots of space, AWD for all weather you may come across with snow traction settings, maintain value (if that matters to you), etc.

greg328, Face76 and tomc like this.
  12. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Very interesting choice!
    T

13. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
  14. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Pagani Zonda with 760 engine, 6 speed manual, with the roof scoop. Painted azzuro dino with the cinque style carbon, tricolore stripe front to back, black wheels. Interior black alcantara with some blue stitching, aluminium bits anodized black. 760 style big wing, cinque front end (without the smiley LED).

Wife can have the GTC4 Lusso...Scozia with hermes orange and all the carbon.

-K1-, IloveGT and Innovativethinker like this.
  15. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I categorically reject the premise.

16. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Most important rule!!

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  17. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Everything is good with GTR, but the losers on the street are not. Moment they are GTR, they will start honking for red light race.

18. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    FF for me. Wife can drive the pagani. Just kidding.

19. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    I'd keep the wife's SUV outside and put a Porsche 718 Spyder and 458 Italia in the garage. You can only drive "1" at a time :)

20. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
  21. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    +1

22. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    If I could only have one car, and it had to do everything for me. Fun, errands, work, trips, whatever: 911 Turbo S. In this scenario I'd go 992 and spec one to my taste

Now if you have access to the wifes SUV for the dirty work in this scenario, that changes things dramatically and I'd say dealer's choice. Pista, Speciale, 812, tdf, etc...

Gh21631 and Texas Forever like this.
  23. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    FF only choice
    Sent from my SM-F916B using FerrariChat.com mobile app