Door busted. | FerrariChat

Door busted.

Discussion in '360/430' started by ahmadj, Oct 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ahmadj

ahmadj Rookie

Jan 12, 2012
    When it rains it pours.

so bad luck hit again. Closed My passenger last night and this morning wanted to go for a spin with my kid.

seems like the inner door handle is stuck and not working. Outside door handle doesn’t work either. The door actuator clicks about 8 times. So I did a search and everything points out to either cable broken or busted actuator.
    I have a problem tho. My passenger door doesn’t open at all, so removing the trim panel seems impossible.

does anyone know if there’s a way to open the door manually or is there a way to remove the trim ones without opening the door.
    PLEASE HELP....

2. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    You might be able to remove the door cup and handle without having the door open. With the handle out, you will be able to get to the bowden cable and yank. Let me see if I can find the removal instruction on the WSM. I have taken the interior handle off several times, it's not too hard.

Husker likes this.
  3. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Yup this is part of the 360 ownership ritual.... broken door mechanism cables....... if you keep this long term and do not with to visit the dealer..... you will learn how to do this at your home. it's not too hard to replace the cable.

Husker likes this.
  4. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere

Same story for my old 348. The cables are thin and prone to rust and eventual breakage.

5. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    If i recall correct and it is like the 430, try putting the key in the door lock , then turn and hold either left or right. Now pull the outside door handle. If i recall right the cable in the door only operates from the inside and you can open the door from outside using the key and handle.