Any opinions on this 16 F12 for sale | FerrariChat

Any opinions on this 16 F12 for sale

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Fastmd, Oct 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fastmd

Fastmd Karting

Dec 1, 2011
    New Jersey
    I have been intrigued by the performance value of the F12s lately. I know the 812s are faster etc, but I have other fast cars.

I really like Ferraris in white, and this car has a lot of the options I like, but is missing the LED wheel, and doesn't have much carbon.

However, I am not sure if that makes this car less desirable?

https://www.maseratili.com/inventory/used-2016-ferrari-f12-berlinetta-rwd-2d-coupe-zff74ufa9g0214345

Any opinions on the build and price? What do you think is a fair price for this car?

Many thanks.

2. Bobby_P

Bobby_P Karting

Feb 25, 2004
    I have been shopping the F12 & 812 (can't seem to decide) market for a few months now. The asking price for that car is definitely competitive as compared to other 2016s with similar miles.

It does appear to be a low-option car...that wouldn't bother me, but I suspect it will be a "ding" when you go to sell/trade down the road.

I am curious about the lack of LED steering wheel as it pertains to desirability myself. Hopefully others can chime in.

When I came across that car the thing that stuck out to me was...upon reviewing the Carfax report...the battery for the vehicle was changed twice...in rather short order...by the previous owner. Perhaps it is just a symptom of the car sitting and not on a charger...or, if you have read some other posts on the forum regarding the issue, a symptom of a slow starting problem that seems to occur in warm weather (or when the car is hot) which doesn't seem to have a definitive fix.

Would also be interested if some more experienced forum members also discuss what typical percentage of asking price you should expect to negotiate off for the F12 and 812.

3. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Plenty of options at this point and the price delta is not very wide. You should make an offer on the car the checks off all your boxes. There’s no reason not to. I had an opportunity to buy a 17 with all of the options and all of the carbon, granted 15,000 miles, for 200k. That has clouded my vision on what the market will bear for an F12

4. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    car is middle spec around 385k msrp, the LED wheel can be added after for around 5k i did it myself on my F12.
    personally this car ticks all my options, color combo, lifter, rear camera, low miles and it is certified by ferrari so you can buy the extended warranty for 6k and get 2 years if they are still running that special.
    the price is fair it is a 2016 with 3k miles they stopped making F12 in 2017.
    only thing is the race seats have no height adjustment so if you are particularly short you will have to sit on a cushion.
    good luck i would bid on this if i didn't own one already!

Gh21631 likes this.
  5. Fastmd

Fastmd Karting

Dec 1, 2011
    New Jersey
    Prices seem to better on 16s and 17s than the older cars with equivalent mileage/options.

I have not seen any deal like that, probably just a one off. But, miles make the biggest difference, which I am not sensitive about.

Were you able to install the LED wheel yourself and no additional programming? The dealer told me something different, but we know salesman.

6. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    The interior spec is a bit unique so maybe a slower time to resell if that is important to you. The lack of a carbon fiber steering wheel would be my only real concern.

ryalex likes this.
  7. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    You can source the wheel yourself through eurospares or any other site but you will have to pay Ferrari dealership to reprogram and that fee is around 2500 to 3000.

8. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Low option car? How so? Looke pretty well optioned to me.

At any rate, nice spec. A good blend of elegant and sporty.

Gh21631 likes this.
  9. Bobby_P

Bobby_P Karting

Feb 25, 2004
    You know...you're right...it is a pretty well optioned car (minus extra carbon bits as the original author has mentioned). I was wrong in my initial assessment.

10. Fastmd

Fastmd Karting

Dec 1, 2011
    New Jersey
    I have asked them to send over the sticker so I can verify the options.

11. ozcav

ozcav Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Having just purchased a 15 the price seems reasonable. I agree it isn’t low spec but it is a weird spec such as cf seats but not a cf wheel and not a high spec car. If it is what you want go for it. If not exactly right I would keep looking because it is a bit of a compromise.

12. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    It is very individual what is a low spec. Yes there is no led wheel, but there are cf seats. This can be a sign of an owner whom did not care about gimmicks but was focused on what makes for a good drivers car etc. Let's be real for a second. The interior CF is in reality a very cheap product. We like the looks, but it is cheap to make and serves no purpose. It is carbon fiber laminated onto plastics, so it is not light either. Ferrari actually offers the trim in a very nice painted satin black, that both looks and feels nice. Wonder why so few opt for that. If production price is relative to exclusivity, painted interior trim is more exclusive than CF.

To me CF does not equal high spec. Leather, electronics, paints etc. is high spec options. Custom stuff and atelier stuff is high spec.

Just my take on it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

ScottS and sampelligrino like this.
  13. Fastmd

Fastmd Karting

Dec 1, 2011
    New Jersey
    Very helpful. Thank you.

14. KY _Soldier

KY _Soldier Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    I looked at every F12 for sale in the last six months or so. As was said, this was an interesting spec tailored to a driver who wanted the racing seats and not a lot else. Low miles and clean, if it’s what you want I would get it. Ferrari NE has a great 16 as well in Silverstone Grigio that is more of a gentlemen’s car for similar money and they are great. Few more options and miles but both are very good options but very different specs. It’s really personal preference.

15. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

#15 Natkingcolebasket69, Oct 22, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    I bought my FF without the led , my independent out one is sourced for 500 bucks, dealer wanted 4k...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    No need for the dealer. A good indi has the proxy mine did install and flash for 1170 for the wheel. I’d avoid the dealer for that see other screen shot of what they wanted.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. rossodino

rossodino Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2007
    corona del mar, ca.
    Full Name:
    bruce sansone
    #17 rossodino, Oct 22, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    Well I think at this point it's what resonates with you. The options on this car were ordered by the original owner ,if you find it's meets your taste then, by all means I think you should make an offer ,it has very low miles so as a consequence it looks almost new, which is always great when buying a pre owned vehicle as Ferrari would like to say. I know you had questions on the LED wheel ,if you feel you would like to have that try to get that thrown into the deal. I would offer 215m to start ,they have had this car for awhile I believe and as another F-Chatter stated the spec is a bit unusual,I would agree .I think you can use this to your advantage in the negotiations. Best of luck!

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  18. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    nice spec....race seats are very nice if you fit in them.

19. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Gorgeous spec and welcome from Rennlist :) Let's get you converted. I say negotiate and go for it :D

I love Bianco on the F12, it's a later MY F12 (bonus) plus you'll have more of the 7 year maintenance pack, and that is a sporty/stunning spec with the red interior, red calipers, forged wheels, and with race seats to boot which is a must have *in my opinion* (far prefer them to Porsche LWBS)

I would definitely add the CF LED wheel and YMMV but I personally always pay the dealer tax that way I know they will make it right and exactly the way I want