PPF Quote for FF - Advice Needed | FerrariChat

PPF Quote for FF - Advice Needed

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Jonathan Kayne, Oct 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jonathan Kayne

Jul 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Kayne
    Hi Everyone,

Looking for some advice. I found a true pro detailer/installer near me (NY) and they specialize in Ferrari/Porsche. Most of the staff came from Ferrari service. I have looked through all of their work and received feedback and everything is A+. They are asking for $11.5k for their premium package which includes the following:

-Interior detail
    -Full paint correction
    -Suntek stealth ppf (Full car, bulk install, all edges wrapped, badges removed etc)
    -Ceramic coat over the PPF

$11.5k+ tax is steep and I am starting to wonder if it is worth it for a 2015 FF. Thoughts/advice would be welcomed.

2. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I just got a FF done in the UK for £2.6k plus tax, full external body but not all lights out and edges wrapped etc, I did the stage 3 correction my self. I also have my 458 spider with all edges and lights out installed, this was around £7k. For the FF I recommend thr lower cost option, you do not see the edges when looking casually at the car and for double the money its just not worth it, also if you need to replace any if the ppf its lower cost not to have to remove lights etc. For the daily driver the FF is I recommend the lower cost option, for a weekend toy or a car that will not see may mikes go for the higher cost option. Good luck with it
    Sent from my SM-F916B using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    what shop are you referring to? i know all of them around nyc burbs

4. Jonathan Kayne

Jul 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Kayne
    I should say one other thing that was making me lean towards the full ppf. When I purchased the car there are two significant rock chips on the rear drivers side quarter panel above the wheel arch. The detailer said that it was from my car as the bottom of the front wheel is not covered by the fender and it can kick rocks up. I hate the idea of getting rock chips all over the car. Once you start adding up all of the pieces (full front, rocker panels, quarter panel, mirrors, etc) you get to a price where you might as well do the whole car. I am sure this is a tactic by the detailer but still something that I am factoring into the equation. Also to clarify the quote above is for stealth wrap. The regular clear was about $1k less. I guess I am struggling with the decision full car custom or go cheap and use template just for the front.

Thanks

5. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    there is no answer to your question:
    1) we dont know what ur bank account looks like
    2) we dont know what your OCD level is

spending 11.5k on a car that will do nothing but depreciate makes no sense. ceramic makes no sense unless you plan on washing the car in the future yourself. PPFing the entire car makes no sense because its an FF.

id get a regular detail and buy an exhaust and ECU

6. Manish C

Manish C Rookie

Jun 24, 2020
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Manish Chopra
    Try Detailing Dynamics in Mineola. I had most of what you've listed done 2 weeks ago. Seems like they did a good job, but I cant really tell...your quote seems a bit high.

7. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    a full wrap on an FF done correctly is gonna be $5 to 7K wherever you go...

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  8. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

U are even wiser today than you were yesterday ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

papou likes this.
  9. kimwizzzuuu

kimwizzzuuu Karting

Aug 26, 2018
    new york
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Definitely not worth the cost for ff or lusso. I’d rather spend the 11k plus towards exhaust. Full xpel stealth wrap on speciale about 7k just to give you an idea. With some extensive correction I guess 11k is about right if you ff paint have swirl marks in every panel.

10. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    You didn't specify what the interior detail included nor the condition of your paint, but the price seems about right. After all, you are in New York. :)

11. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    there is nothing wrong with the price, especially given the shop he received it from. They are amongst the best anywhere in the world.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  12. Jonathan Kayne

Jul 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Kayne
    Interior detail is included for that price. Paint needs some correction but not major. Seems like the price is fair given the level of work and quality of the shop. $7k for full xpel stealth seems amazing for a custom install. Maybe the $4.5k extra is the NY premium? Team at the detailer has been great at answering questions. Very thoughtful and their shop looks cleaner than my dr office. Guess I just have to decide partial vs full.

13. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    dont understand what your saying...the 11.5 includes all those things - so 7k for ppf, maybe 8k as its a big car, paint correction is prob 1k and another 1500 for ceramic...

14. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Its like @ttforcefed says- its really your tolerance for stone chips. Which is also affected by how often you will drive the car.

The price is entirely reasonable considering the services provided.

I do it on every car- because I drive my cars- and in the real world, at least around here, there is a lot of road debris and grime that comes at you. Especially if you go for drives with friends who have cars with sticky tires like Cup2.

I have full PPF on several cars and they all have impact spots, which bothers me a little, but thats why I filmed them. I will get the film changed in a few years when they are more chewed up. Im glad I have the film, because I would be besides my self if the paint was pitted up to the level I see on the film.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

papou, PTG1 and Jonathan Kayne like this.
  15. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    and caeruleus uses the same shop in question for his fleet...

Caeruleus11 and Jonathan Kayne like this.
  16. Jonathan Kayne

Jul 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Kayne
    Correct. The $11.5k includes everything mentioned above + the interior detail. I think your breakdown is correct and I can see how the price starts to add up when you think about the time investment and materials. It sounds like this price is not too far out of line given the services and reputation of the shop.

Appreciate the feedback everyone

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  17. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Doesn't seem worth it to me to spend ~10% of the car cost on paint protection. Course as others have said, it entirely depends on your pocketbook, and your tolerance for damage. The miles you plan to put on it also plays into it, but of course while the paint will still look great, the high mileage will lower the value. On the other hand if you're not going to drive it much then it probably doesn't need such extensive protection.

Jonathan Kayne likes this.
  18. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    you live in armonk? i have a blue ff with lusso wheels and caeruleus has dark grey lusso with lusso wheels lol. neither of us live in armonk but we gas up there

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  19. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    fwiw i have ppf on parts of my ff, ceramic on the ppf and sealant on the paint that's non ppf. i also plan on repainting my front bumper every 20 to 30k miles, which is about every 8 yrs...

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  20. Jonathan Kayne

Jul 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Kayne
    Small world. Just moved up here from NYC about a month ago. Picked up the FF about 2 weeks ago. Plan on driving it a bunch as its my only car other than my wife's SUV haha. Will be on the lookout for a blue FF and a Grey lusso in town. If you see a Grigio Silverstone FF driving around that would be me.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  21. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I got ppf on some parts too but the FF is a driver. I take my kid’s to the beach with it, gym, groceries. I drive it like a regular car mostly because i got some miles on it. I was OCD with the Testarossa, the ff not so much. I’d only do parts of the ppf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. vdm9

vdm9 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2014
    long island new york
    Full Name:
    vasilios
    I would call Carl and Devin at 631 Coatings for another quote. They care for my cars. Top Shelf work - same as all these top shops - some guys came from there!!! Owner is always there. Staff is very knowledgeable in all products. Always tons of exotic and rare cars there.
    631 Coatings
    631 865 3456

my two cents
    vasilios

23. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    No way I paid £2.6k for full and am very happy, if you get partial and have strong lights in your garage the difference in swirls gets very annoying or maybe its just my car ocd but, I can't live with partial ppf
    Sent from my SM-F916B using FerrariChat.com mobile app

24. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    I'm sorry if this has been answered, but I'd like to know which shop. I might want to trailer my car to NY to have this done.

25. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Lol yes way. Absolutely the going price in nyc suburbs.