F8 Spider | Page 23 | FerrariChat

F8 Spider

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Adamas, Apr 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I suspect the brake pedal can be moved laterally easily, it is bolted on.
    I disagree with Rory’s assessment that the chassis is made from “jello.”

GT2goneF likes this.
  2. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The noise bothered me from the moment I drove the car home. My wife never noticed it until I made her aware it and then she was couldn’t overlook it.

GT2goneF likes this.
  3. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I can definitely feel the accumulator pressure pushing the brake pedal at times, like when setting the parking brake. However I don’t have any “noise” associated with it.
    I was thinking the pedal could be moved over, as you can see where it is bolted. I’ll have to look at it closer, maybe all the holes in the pedal can be used for the bolts and slide it over as desired.

Definitely not jello, think he was trying to shame Ferrari for not doing carbon tubs like McLaren.....

Igor Ound and GT2goneF like this.
  4. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Do not feel the brake pushing down . The noise is a single bang sound that occurs just prior to the car coming to a stop and again when the car begins to accelerate after stop. It happens 100% of the time. Accordiung to Ferrari and the dealer, this is normal and applies to all F8s.

5. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    After bringing in my car to dealer service to have the issue diagnosed, a day after I took delivery, the service tech acknowledged the bang sound, recorded it and sent a video to Ferrari. Three days later, this is the email I received from my dealer:

" Ferrari confirmed everything is OK with the car. It is the same noise we can hear on all 488s, coming from the ABS unit installed on the front of the car. On the F8 it is just more noticeable. We also compared 2 new cars we have here in the shop now for pre delivery inspection and they are exactly the same. I understand it might sound strange but now you know your car is safe and everything works as designed."

6. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    Maybe the JBL hi-fi upgrade would address the problem :D

GT2goneF likes this.
  7. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I don't listen to the radio.

8. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    I will drive my car this afternoon to see if mine does it, sure haven't heard anything like that yet.

9. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    LOL, great self advice - best not to look too hard. You can always re-read Edgar Allen Poe’s Tell Tale Heart.

10. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Can you send me the recording or post it here. I don’t have that on my car? When you stop if you abruptly lift off the brake pedal there is the noise of the brake pedal but that’s all. If you just ease off the brake there’s no noise at all.

GT2goneF likes this.
  11. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    As you are almost coming to a stop with extra break pressure, the bang- like sound will appear just as you come to the stop. It will reappear again as you slowly accelerate from a stop. It never happens any other time. If you do not hear it, then do not pay attention to it. I wish I never noticed it. My wife never noticed it until I pointed it out to her and then she was constantly aware every instance when the car was almost fully stopped and accelerated slowly from that stop.

12. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Well ..... something must be going on with my F8 spider order , I have a vin #.

ScottS, stavura, JAM1 and 7 others like this.
  13. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    Good for you!!

Cigarzman likes this.
  14. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    when did you put your order in?

15. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Deposit December 2019. I did my formal order ( spec ) in April this year.

GT2goneF and jm2 like this.
  16. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Cool. Put my order in December as well.

GT2goneF and Cigarzman like this.
  17. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Again, thank you for drilling it into my thoughts. Now, I will be looking for it... and won't forgive you for it. Now, I have to find something to return the favor!!

18. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Yours is not a Spider. He is talking about the Spider.

19. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Oh, great. Keep describing how to notice it better... LOL

20. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Well, that's the problem. We found the problem. The "on" button on the radio is the actual silencer of the brake noise. Problem fixed!

21. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Buddy, don't look for it... You know it won't end up well...

xBox likes this.
  22. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Congratulations. I never got a an actual VIN, I was just told I was assigned one. Today, just received my second picture but car is actually Status 70.

23. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Weird doesn’t do that on mine?

GT2goneF likes this.
  24. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    Mine makes no noise

GT2goneF likes this.
  25. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    It's jello alright. Completely unacceptable on todays scale and to say otherwise only indicts the fact you haven't driven a spider with a proper chassis. The flex in the chassis is a joke for a car of this value.

Ps. And to Coincid: I wouldn't be accepting what your dealer is telling you for a second. There was no such noise in any of the ones I've driven and if there was I would have noticed it for sure. As i've said in the past ; Ferrari's reference to it being normal is basically saying its far too expensive to fix under warranty so see you later - come and talk to us when it's out of warranty....and then we might entertain you if we know you are up to paying the bill.

tekaefixe likes this.