The too-good-to-be-true listing | FerrariChat

The too-good-to-be-true listing

Discussion in '360/430' started by Husker, Oct 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    Well, not only does it have "front air conditioning", it has it listed twice. Must be something wrong!

2. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    They have a listing for a gated yellow one, 18K more miles, $30K more.

There is a story here that isn’t being told. Salvage car is my guess, even though they aren’t claiming such.

armedferret likes this.
  3. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    It's admittedly been a good long while since i looked into it; is it still unbelievably easy to get a clear title for a previously salvage vehicle in Florida? I know it used to be (they didnt put rebuild on the title anywhere so it was a HUGE market for wrecked cars back in the 90s i know).

Just spitballin. I have zero dog in any of this, it could just be erroneously priced IDK. (Though i doubt it)

4. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    Goodness I am sorry to hear about your wife’s health. Prayers for healing. Even if a fellow had to spend $15K on a new top, it’s still a bargain. GLWS and with your wife’s treatment.

armedferret and Skidkid like this.
  5. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Why doesn’t the listing say that the top doesn’t work? That’s kind of an important detail. Still a great price and a beautiful car though!

armedferret likes this.
  6. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    mathewr likes this.
  7. Daryl Zernick

Daryl Zernick Karting

Jul 7, 2020
    South Bend, IN
    Full Name:
    Daryl A. Zernick
    So sorry to hear about your wife and hope she recovers quickly!!

albkid, brogenville and armedferret like this.
  8. ScudMarks

ScudMarks Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2018
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Mauer
    I was watching this thread, I would love to put a hard top on it for December-March.

Husker and EastMemphis like this.
  9. ScudMarks

ScudMarks Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2018
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Mauer
    Thank you guys. We are hoping for success as well.

As for the car, I live in Northern CA so no need to ever have the top up, our driving season is so long and winters aren’t even that cold. I never liked the look of any soft top and was thrilled when the 458 fixed that.

Most of all, I have enjoyed having a gated 360 barchetta guilt free. I never once looked at my odometer, I never wondered what the value was going to be, just stick the key and hear the motor howl through the Tubi. I have been on over 50 drives in it between FOG, my own driving group, and other rallies. Constantly told it’s the best sounding car out there.

ScottS and armedferret like this.
  10. Danedingerson

Danedingerson Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 26, 2011
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Dane
    IM just noticed how high these 360 have gone in recent years. The asking prices are more than I paid last year for my 430 in some cases.

VAF84 likes this.
  11. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Medical needs are the one reason I would sell mine in a heartbeat. When I was driving home from the ER when my wife was diagnosed with a brain tumor in 2015.. I had vowed the car would be sold by the end of the week. For us, the outcome was wonderful on both sides.

Sending the best, if there is any way I can help PM me..

wax, kes7u, ScudMarks and 3 others like this.
  12. artsd

artsd Formula Junior
    Owner

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    Art
    Not sure if the CarGurus ad was edited since originally posted but it does say "Price reflects top being non-op" as of right now.
    Seems like a killer deal for someone who can source the parts or doesn't care if it is an open top only car.

13. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    Wishing you wife the best. I'm not sure why people think the price is low, I'd say about right. The cost of fixing the rag top and other issues which can arise in a 19 year old car would be something to take into consideration. Being a gated example is also a compelling reason to look at this car. I would concur with the owner that you really don't need a top in the SF Bay area. My 190SL rarely has its top up.

ScudMarks and armedferret like this.
  14. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    The price is definitely low, but not "holy ****, I need to buy this right now and resell it for a mad profit!" low. The gated spiders tend to bring in a bit less than the coupes do, I'm assuming due to the top issues. Looks like a great deal on a decently low mileage driver's car. Wish @ScudMarks was able to keep and enjoy it on all accounts, but someone could get a good, gated Ferrari at a good deal.

15. Daryl Zernick

Daryl Zernick Karting

Jul 7, 2020
    South Bend, IN
    Full Name:
    Daryl A. Zernick
    Great to hear about your wife's progress!!!!!

16. ScudMarks

ScudMarks Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2018
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Mauer
  17. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    Hope the sale translates into a full, healthy life for you and your wife. Cars are cars.

18. Stev-o

Stev-o Karting

Sep 18, 2020
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    Stev-o de Italiano!
    Best to you 415...