Wheel poll | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Wheel poll

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by buddyg, Oct 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

What color for the wheels

1. Leave as is

52 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Paint Gloss Black to match the roof

37 vote(s)
    35.6%
  3. Paint Satin Black

15 vote(s)
    14.4%
  1. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Thats what I did....

Image Unavailable, Please Login

mdrums, GT2goneF and Coincid like this.
  2. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    My vote is high gloss black roof- high gloss black wheels- high gloss black trim pieces and diffuser.

Body colored roof- dark grey wheels - trim left as stock.

3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    This is pretty much a satin look. A bit softer from gloss black.

4. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Leave them alone. You "don't mind the way they look right now" because they look great! Don't touch them.

jm2 and ScrappyB like this.
  5. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I don't know... I have mixed feelings about it... It looks to me like it is trying to hard, but that is just me. However, you put them on and the car will look great regardless... Like I said before. You have to go with that YOU like.... Whatever makes you smile. Asking here, you will get the widest spread of answers and will leave you the same way you started.

6. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    LOL you guys have been no help! I think I will leave as is for now, see how I feel after driving it in the Spring for awhile. Thanks for everyone’s input, different strokes for different folks it’s what makes the world go round.

up4speed, ScrappyB, johnr265 and 3 others like this.
  7. johnr265

johnr265 Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2010
    Mid-Atlantic
    Not only do gloss black get dirty faster, they show the stone chips more and you get fine scratches in them as well from washing with brake dust. Satin (I prefer the gray as well) hide blemishes, dirt, and scratches very well.

My personal opinion is, do nothing to the stock wheels and pick yourself up a second set of wheels in whatever color you prefer (those stock wheels are damn heavy, almost 30 pounds each). The car will drive better with lighter wheels. It is not completely lost money as when you sell the car, you can put the stock wheels back and have a second set to sell if you choose. If you have a second set of tires on them, you can even swap between depending on your mood!

nonbita and GT2goneF like this.
  8. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
  9. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    @buddyg... But didn't I tell you this already before, about 20-30 posts ago? Pick a color and forget it. We will all like it anyway! Just don't go gold and busy like the Wheels Boutique one...

10. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
  11. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    THANK YOU!!!!... I said the same thing before but didn't want to go on a one to one with anybody or worse one against many. The gloss black wheels also tend to lose luster in time as well. unless you properly maintain them and the gloss black isn't an easy color to maintain.

johnr265 likes this.
  12. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Granted not the same red and the wheels are satin black but you can't say it doesn't work...It looks beautiful!

13. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    I think I found the answer going with these!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    IMO , im more monochromatic. Any more than 2 colours throw me. Adding Satin even though is black to me again it introduces another colour. But its always up to what the owner sees and likes.

15. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
  16. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    It is so funny that it isn't!!!! When you do that, make sure you also get a golden grill to match the yellow calipers and emblems.

17. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    One thing that I put on the top of the list when considering rims are the ease of cleaning/washing. If too many details like these, it gets automatically scratched from the options list. So this one for me wouldn't even be considered as an option, regardless of how beautiful they may look.

18. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    GT2goneF likes this.
  19. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Ohhh... I see you saw me and raised me one.... Dual tone grill!!!!! You got some game and I like it... We gotta meet one day... It will be a fun day...

20. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    You should come to Michigan the leaves are changing and it is beautiful!

21. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I lived in NY and NJ for 8 years... Visited Chicago a few times as well in fall... You won't catch me dead in that cold! Maybe late spring, early summer more survivable for me. I live close to the mountains here, when I miss the fall and winter, I drive up to see the fall foliage and snow, respectively. It does change the emotions and the mood. Thanksgiving, Christmas and all that's good. It particularly reminds me of the kids being little and playing with the snow.

22. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    I love snow for Christmas after that it could be gone.

We try to get out of here six weeks at a minimum down to Florida To make it bearable.

GT2goneF likes this.
  23. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    You have the ability to do so, which is nice. With the current technology you can track your business to the dot and run it essentially from anywhere. That is a beautiful thing right there. If you have the ability to do this. Absolutely!