Lusso passenger display question | FerrariChat

Lusso passenger display question

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by JB1997, Oct 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JB1997

JB1997 Karting

Mar 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Brainard
    I’m headed to pick up a V12 Lusso tomorrow and I just have 1 question about the passenger display. Is there a way to make it so that the passenger can’t change the song? I’ll have my little nephew in the passenger seat pretty often as well as others and I don’t want anyone to be able to change the music without my permission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  2. kimwizzzuuu

kimwizzzuuu Karting

Aug 26, 2018
    new york
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Bring a handcuff along with the passenger,lol jk aside. I don’t believe there’s a way to stop them doing it unless you don’t turn on the screen.

3. JB1997

JB1997 Karting

Mar 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Brainard
    Is there a way to disable the power button for the screen in the settings in the main screen in the middle?

4. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    If it has carplay, and you are using carplay, then they can't mess with the music anyway. You can also just leave the screen off. On the 812 I didn't see a menu option to disable the ability to use the passenger display. I would imagine the Lusso is similar.

Or, just ask/tell them to not mess with it or they don't get to go in the fun car anymore

Caeruleus11 and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    There is no way of doing that per se, but why not just put it on the screen that shows the rev counter and ask him not to touch it?

If you play music off Carplay, he cannot change the song from the passenger display.

How old is he? He must be of some age and height to properly and safely fit in the passenger seat. The laws in Europe calls for a minimum of 135 cm height if a booster is not needed. I would also imagine that if you put the seat back all the way, and he is so small that he needs a booster, then he would not be able to reach it.

If he is at an age of 130 cm or more, a simple no should do.

Get the car, take him along, ask him nkt to fiddle with the display. It might turn out to be a complete non-issue.

As for adult friends and family. If they don't respect your wishes and rules in your car, it's simple. Then they can find their own source of entertainment and transport.

But get the car and see what happens. Tell your passenger to please not change the song. That might be all it takes.

You can also just floor it every time they reach forward.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    1st world problems. :rolleyes:

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  7. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    This is actually the solution to your expected issue. Very satisfying too

8. marky1

marky1 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    What about saying "please don't change the music". If he does then the second time you can say "please don't change the music you little **** beep beep ****". I reckon he won't do it a third time!

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  9. JB1997

JB1997 Karting

Mar 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Brainard
    I didn’t realize Apple CarPlay would change that but that’s good to know because that’s what I’ll always use for music anyways. Thanks to everyone else who let me know that as well.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  10. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congratulations on your new Lusso!!!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat