style seats fully electric vs carbon race seats | FerrariChat

style seats fully electric vs carbon race seats

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by McLarenSLR, Sep 20, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Which seat is better on a F8 spider?

1. Style Seat fully electric

35.7%
  2. Carbon Racing Seat

64.3%
  1. McLarenSLR

McLarenSLR Rookie

Oct 17, 2011
    Abu Dhabi
    Full Name:
    Tifosi
    Hi everybody!

Need some help. I decided to order an F8 spider but I'm completely confused as to which seat to select. Should I go for the more expensive option of the style seat and fully electric which is the comfort option or the carbon racing seat. I've been fortunate to try an F8 Tributo with the racing seats and the Spider with style comfort seats. It was only for a few mins on a relatively smooth road, however. I was told the carbon seats are ok long term but only really worth it if you really plan to track the car a lot.

Any feedback is much appreciated thanks.

2. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Personal choice, but for me .....
    Race seats are extremely comfortable - even on long drives.
    Stunning appearance - a modern car deserves a modern, performance inspired seat.
    Light weight - Probably irrelevant, but factual.
    Resale - Some say they wouldn't consider a car without race seats.

Also consider - electrochromatic mirrors with Homelink may need to be ordered as a separate option (true for my 2018 488). The race seat lifter is nice to have on longer drives when changing driving position provides more comfort.

3. McLarenSLR

McLarenSLR Rookie

Oct 17, 2011
    Abu Dhabi
    Full Name:
    Tifosi
    Thanks for the insight. Electrochromatic were a must for me in my (2016 488) and they are a must for the F8. I don’t know how I’d drive at night without them lol. I’m leaning towards the carbon but since I haven’t lived with them and the closet I can equate them to is the carbon seats in my SLR. Granted, those seats are kinda uncomfortable after 30 mins due to the way they are built

4. 7ven11ven

7ven11ven Rookie

Jan 25, 2020
    DFW
    Full Name:
    JASON M
    I bought a 2016 488 in January with the electric seats. They were great until I did a tracked in April. I couldn’t even stay in the seat so I sold it in May and bought a 2018 with carbon race seats. Plan on ordering a f8 spider and will order race seats as well.

Just did 4 days(1300 miles) on GoldRush rally and I thought I would regret the race seats but I was surprised how great I felt after.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat