Dual ownership | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Dual ownership

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by VicJano, Oct 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Regular Guy 01

Regular Guy 01 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 10, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Eugene Greer
    I can respect people who can partner up and go in together on cars and projects (houses, planes etc).

For myself, This is something I could never do. I don't know if it is just me but I have a hard time sharing my toys. My wife and I spoke about this and we decided that we couldn't even buy a house to rent it out. Just something about having to have others in my stuff and knowing that I don't have control over it.
    A friend of mine (who I have known for 50 years asked if we could buy a private plane together and I had to decline. I told him that that wouldn't work for me and if I couldn't but it without going in together than I would wait until I could do it by myself. I know that situations like this can lead to broken friendships. Even today, neither of us have a plane in our lives.

I am sorry for your situation and I hope you will find more joy in remembering your friend and the good times you shared. I can hear the love in your heart as you tell of the good times with your friend.

Maybe it is just me but things like this just aren't worth a friendship (esp one of many years).
    I could be wrong and just never learned to play well in the sandbox......

Regards,
    Gene Greer

tomc likes this.
  2. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    agree without seeing the ownership papers and or management agreement between you and the co owner. and knowing nothing about your arrangement or rules in your country if it was here and there are no papers to the otherwise majority rules ....minortiy ownership can be a problem ...

randkin likes this.
  3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Anyway to ‘split the baby’ as it were, you feel you were shortchanged 10k (your half of the 20k) ask for 5k extra from her share, walk away, no lawyers, no more hassle.