Harris and the SF90 | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Harris and the SF90

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by Gh21631, Oct 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East

Give me a pass on this one, I had a few too many scotches and responded to the wrong post. My bad.

2. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    I kinda want some kool aid, and some scotch after this week.

3. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Thanks a lot... Freedom of expression remains essential to me.
    I think we have different visions of how Ferrari works. You have the vision of the outside, while i also have those to which you don t have acess.

of2worlds likes this.
  4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    What ever you say. Have a nice weekend.

5. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    You too

6. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    Ferrari's product development is next level. The only company that I can think of operating at large scale with such great product development is Apple. The way they have expanded their offering without diluting the brand one bit is just mind blowing. I will openly acknowledge that I was not a fan of the strategy shift from Luca to Sergio and to a certain extent I still am not but the execution has been masterful so far and I must acknowledge that I have been proven wrong in terms of sales. There have been some slippages in terms of higher production numbers of limited cars, lower premiums etc. but overall its been a masterclass of execution.

7. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East

Apple? They make laptops, phones and accessories. Not the best example IMV. Ferrari has done a great job over the years but they are on the verge of dilution.

tekaefixe likes this.
  8. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Wonder how McHarris and all the Mcrackheads would “spin” it if an heavy and comfortable road Ferrari with all mod cons was faster around a track than a trousers showing, stripped down track focused “carbon” mclaren senna, which costs twice as much! :D

9. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Harris has already said that the Senna is not a great car and if you want to do track work then get a proper GT3 car (that’s cheaper and quicker) or stick to a regular 720S so I think he, and indeed most people, won’t be surprised when a SF90 AF does similar lap times with 200hp more and 4wd.

PS: he also said the same about the 765LT so I’m not really sure where you’re getting the idea that he loves all McLarens, am I missing something?

Also aren’t lap times irrelevant to the amount of enjoyment someone gets from a car? I’ve been in hot hatches that are more fun than cars that can out lap them. I guess it depends on what the customer is perceiving the car to be, do they want it as a track car? As a fun road car? As a tourer?

10. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Senna wasn’t made to be fun like an hot hatch and obviously not to look good either. Its only purpose was to be fastest on any tracks and not get beaten by a heavy ferrari that costs half as much.
    And Harris has been a mclaren shill forever, no matter how much he tries to muddy the waters

11. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    So a Ferrari is just HP and lap time ?;)
    And what about emotion, feed back, sound, design... !!!???
    Which owner will operate 1000 HP on open roads ???:rolleyes:

Senshi458 likes this.
  12. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    #162 Igor Ound, Oct 16, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    What’s your favourite brand then day?

Bet they were saying same things about the F40 when it launched and that’s why this car is my second favourite ever

And btw the macca was the one all about lap times. Was! :D

13. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    I’ll operate it all day long :)

Igor Ound likes this.
  14. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

In a straight line maybe but unless u go track it , u won’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senshi458 likes this.
  15. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    I just took the pista to the track Tuesday. When the sf90 comes I’ll drive it to the track hard and on the track harder.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

hagen111, F140C, stavura and 3 others like this.
  16. Natkingcolebasket69

My point: unusable everyday . On a twisty road way more fun with a 355 than a 488

jpalmito likes this.
  17. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Ill be sure to get it all on video - 765 vs. SF90 :)

Rrr1 likes this.
  18. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Actually, I bet you could use it everyday. Outside the fact it has minimal storage there is no reason why you couldn't drive it regularly.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  19. Natkingcolebasket69

We talking about using the power every day. Unless u are on the highway, u just have too much power

20. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    that’s any car - if it can go over 65/75 then it’s got too much power for the road. Spirited driving here and there is good enough for my tastes. I’m not a pro driver and will never be so no matter what f car I have i probably can’t drive it near it’s limits but that’s not the point. The point is for the car to make you happy. If it’s a 355 or pista - if it makes you smile then the manufacturer did their job.

21. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    i think it’ll be a fun head to head but I’m betting on the sf90

Caeruleus11 and Gh21631 like this.
  22. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    You can make that argument for any of these cars.

F140C, Boomhauer and Caeruleus11 like this.
  23. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I dont find Pista too much power for the road, I have a blast driving it!

24. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    How does that differ from your FF?
    You need 660 hp to get moving?

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Napoli likes this.
  25. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    What people sometimes forget, is how we as humans evolve with the power. We get used to it and learn to live with it. If you take someone who has not driven anything faster than a diesel Passat and put them in a GT3RS, then that will feel very fast and over the top. If your daily driver is an F8, then when you floor it, you wonder why nothing happens and if the clutch is slipping. That's the thing, we get used to it. If I'm in a car that has a 0-100 kph time of over 5 seconds, I actually physically struggle to sense the actual accelleration. Friend of mine had recently bought a new Golf R and was taking me out for a ride. At some point he starts giving it the boot, so I start to egg him on. At one point I said, okay, lots of room, nail it. His response was "it is nailed!". Speed is indeed all corrupting. I wonder if the SF90 will ruin the Pista for us. That might seem like an attempt at a funny remark, but I'm deadly serious. Will we get so used to the power of the SF90 that something slower like a Pista - just about anything else, will lose its appeal? I know, we still like to run cars that are slower than a Pista, and speed is not everything. Corners, breaking and sll the rest of it is part of the full picture. But for me, accelleration is a key aspect of going fast - always have been, just like high speed is. People often ask me what the fun in just going fast is. I don't know, it just is. Oddly enough I come from a family where most members are speeders. It is just fun.

So that whole notion of too much power is just a bit pointless. People also said that 30 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app