Any Launch X431 (or Matco Maximus) Users Here? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Any Launch X431 (or Matco Maximus) Users Here?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Blacksport350, Aug 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FiatAbarth850

FiatAbarth850 Karting

Aug 2, 2020
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Full Name:
    Bill H.
    Hi folks, I need to update my post above now that I've received the Ratarossa scanner so as not to mislead anyone. Ratarossa pointed me towards eBay vendor thecarcave who sells the android tablet, bluetooth dongle and software that you see Rattarossa use in his YouTube videos. Turns out that Ratarossa, thecarcave and Scott Cheevers are all the same people according to the Canada Customs paperwork. This is important to know as I was not satisfied with the answers/lack of answers that I got from thecarcave about the name of the software package he was selling, the status of the software license and if there was one and whether tech support and updates were available. Thecarcave never answered these questions but I decided to make the purchase anyway because of the recommendation that I had got from Scott/Rattarossa.

When the package arrived I found that I had a copy of Diag-Pro loaded on the tablet. As there were no instructions included I got on the internet looking for some and quickly found out that Diag-Pro was a Launch product, basically a clone of X431, and that Diag-Pro could be downloaded as software only for both Android and Apple. I also found that downloads of Launch/Diag-Pro/a couple of other names for the same software ran from Free to about $700 USA depending on the software name and the source. So....it turns out that I spent about $1000 Canadian more than I needed to to get the scanning capability that I now have. I could have put Launch/Diag-Pro/Etc onto one of my existing iPads and mated it to a bluetooth dongle without much challenge. Had I pushed thecarcave for answers it would have quickly led me to that alternate solution but the good reference from Ratarossa/Scott swayed my decision making. Well, caveat emptor, right?

Diag-Pro has Ferrari 10.95 in it which has the same capabilities as Launch X431 for the Ferrari 360. Inside Diag-Pro it says that it has full capabilities for Ferraris year 2007 and up and limited capabilities with earlier cars.

So that's my embarrassing hero-worshipping story and I hope that it helps someone else out. Bill

Sj_engr likes this.
  2. epb0

epb0 Rookie

Feb 27, 2015
    FRANCE
    What you call Diag Pro is in fact Diagzone.
    Like X-diag, this is a copy of X431 pro.
    It works great, each brand's file is exactly the same as the original, with regular updates online ;-)

The 2 limitations that I know for Diagzone:
    - the VIN recognition function does not work (unimportant!)
    - the datastream function is OK, but not the recording of these data.

Diagzone and X-diag, like the original X431 pro, only work on Android, not on IOS.

3. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    I purchased the same Diagzone based unit. In my experience, very inconsistent functions. Pilot error is a factor as well I am sure!
    2001 360 F1 spider. Stock ECUs, latest 2004 TCU. May contribute to conflicting data, don't know.
    Sometimes reads in inch, other times mm. Appears to connect to multiple gearbox versions, some data matches the SD-X data from last service, some data results in numbers that I cannot understand the base point. Don't trust to perform some planned PM functions this winter.
    Plan to get the X431. Hopefully a more stable platform. Send ECUs to Trev to flash to 2004 software version(Maybe immobilizer delete as well).

4. epb0

epb0 Rookie

Feb 27, 2015
    FRANCE
    X431 and Diagzone are stictely identical, use same brand file.
    If you don't happy with Diagzone, you will not too with official X431 (or Autel, it's same !).

On my side, no problems with Ferrari and Maserati brand, except can't connect to 348 and 512.

5. FiatAbarth850

FiatAbarth850 Karting

Aug 2, 2020
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Full Name:
    Bill H.

Hi epb0, I mentioned putting the software on my iPad based on the product shown below. Note the bottom of the box. The screen shots in their advertising are the same as X431. I haven't purchased this or tried it out but it looks like it would have been worth trying. Bill

Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. epb0

epb0 Rookie

Feb 27, 2015
    FRANCE
    #31 epb0, Oct 2, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    Easydiag or Thinkdiag work with IOS, not X431 Pro (include Diagzone & X-diag).

7. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Thank you epb0.
    Bluetooth module supplied is the Launch GoLo CarCare.

8. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Hello all ...hope everyone is doing well
    I see that the updated 10.95 version has a new function Diff system ( this was not in 10.90)
    Can someone with this version check to see what this function has within it for a f430 with a e-diff ( screen prints would be great)
    I am wondering if the bleed function is now included for the e-diff which was lacking from previous versions
    Appreciate it in advance

9. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Sorry to hear that. For that kind of money I'd expect a genuine, licensed version but based on what you say it sounds like a copied version is being sold for a significant profit.

10. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    So what model of the X-431 Launch is supporting the real developers of the SW?

11. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    Does anybody know why an X431 with Ferrari v10.95 SW does not detect the Right Bank ECU? It finds the -Recovery system but not the actual main system?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    I did not notice that when I scanned last but my car is out of state at the moment.

What happens if you try and access the Right Bank ECU but not in the "health report" (which I notice is only at 2/3 complete when you snapped)

13. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    It says that it's not present...

14. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    (Car runs fine by the way, although I got misfire codes on all Left Bank cylinders but that's after it sat all winter and was just turned on last week. I wanted to see if the right bank also shows the same misfires and if they come back (no CEL, etc.) then diagnose as appropriate.