6 Speed Conversion | Page 15 | FerrariChat

6 Speed Conversion

Discussion in '360/430' started by rsmitchell10, Dec 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    ABSOLUTELY!! I absolutely would have gone aftermarket from the start. I was onboard so early, though, that the aftermarket kits were not even available to be sold yet! I actually tried to switch over to the aftermarket kit as soon as they became available, but I was told they already had bought the OEM parts for my car. That's what makes this delay even more confusing.

Kevin

2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i hear ya, have you ever dealt with the factory? i have and it can make you scratch your head. i will come back to you today.

kes7u likes this.
  3. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    PPW if you wld like me to speak to Art id be happy to do so, same as for kevin.

4. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    and for the record, my gated scud is at eag now and i have a kit on order for my 430. no one has more exposure than me and i have zero qualms.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

rsmitchell10 and kes7u like this.
  5. PPW

PPW Karting

Oct 4, 2019
    If any of this is true, then I’ll make this really simple.

give me my car back 100% complete other than the shift plate and I’ll call it.

I asked that and they refused.

something is very wrong.

I could have had one of these delivered three weeks ago from a third party machine shop, who offered to sign an NDA, at zero cost to EAG and they refused.

why else would they do that?

6. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    so they shld put you head of kevin who ordered way before you? how is that the right thing to do?

7. PPW

PPW Karting

Oct 4, 2019
    So I’ve paid a five figure sum to a shop for parts and another 7k for labor and you’re telling me I need a random intermediary off of a forum to speak to the owner of the shop?!

Yep, something is very wrong.

WillskiGT likes this.
  8. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i think you are the problem, as you are the only one it seems that has taken the position you have taken.

9. PPW

PPW Karting

Oct 4, 2019

Not at all. They said my car was done less the shift plate.

give me my car immediately and I’ll get my own plate made. The only reason they wouldn’t do that is if they are liars and don’t have it done other than the shift plate.

also, it wouldn’t be putting my car ahead of his because according to you, him, and eag they don’t even have the parts for his so it’s not a matter of labor!

10. PPW

PPW Karting

Oct 4, 2019
    if I am the problem then just give me my car back, completed other than the gate and I’ll be out of their hair. They said that is the state it is in so shouldn’t be an issue, right?

11. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    sure ill tell Art you want the car back as is.

brogenville likes this.
  12. PPW

PPW Karting

Oct 4, 2019
    I’ve said that to him for two weeks now, all in text. To be clear, done other than the bolting up of the gate, which I could have one made, delivered tomorrow and fly in to drive it away.

also, still funny how no one who has paid for this can talk to art but has to go through you.

mathewr likes this.
  13. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    1) i wldnt send it back as is if i were Art. sending back incomplete work is never good
    2) nothing funny about it. lots of people have spoken and can speak to art. but if hes on the phone all day, when is he supposed to do the work?

14. PPW

PPW Karting

Oct 4, 2019

If it’s done other than a shift plate then no big deal. I can be on a plane tomorrow or Saturday with a shift plate in my bag to drive it away. No issue with that right?

15. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    not at all.

16. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed
    Sorry ttforcefed but if you think you are a neutral party to this matter you are not seeing things clearly. The big question is why can't EAG resolve these issues without you getting involved to help? It seems like from this thread you are very involved and not just a concerned citizen. The unfortunate thing is EAG has been shady long before you became his advocate and I doubt things have changed much.

Flea7 likes this.
  17. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    there are plenty of happy EAG customers on this board...

18. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    ppw you have paid for all the labor in full?

19. PPW

PPW Karting

Oct 4, 2019
    I have paid for all the parts in full. I would never pay for service work before the service was completed, which is STOP for every single shop in existence. Once it’s done is when it’s to be paid, or once I get confirmation that the state my car was described as being in (complete other than just bolting up a shift gate), I’ll fly down, bolt up the shift gate and drive it away. I will be going in person to verify all of this as everything else they have told me has either been overtly false or missed timeline after missed timeline.

I would encourage others to not pay anything until the work has been independently certified to have been done.

20. PPW

PPW Karting

Oct 4, 2019

So, when can I get on a plane and get my car? Based on all of this that you and they have said, it is ready to be picked up immediately, correct?

sorry to have to post this but as they don’t answer my calls, you are apparently now the mediator of this, I figured we might as well keep it all out in the open so there are no misunderstandings.

please let me know right away

21. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I wld def fly down if that will put your mind at ease!

22. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Just for the record: the first car was converted by Lorenzo who is another forum user here. Lorenzo got the parts list for the mechanical aspect and I provided the electronics solution.

Some months after we completed Lorenzo's car he shared the information with Art.

jg360 and Flea7 like this.
  23. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    My understanding is lorenzo leaned on a bunch of people to accomplish what he did.

24. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Perhaps for photos or assembly info, but really it's a parts catalogue exercise aside from the electronics.

25. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Yep. Art is the first to actually fabricate the parts though from what I understand