When will we have a 360/430 gas to electric conversion? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

When will we have a 360/430 gas to electric conversion?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Husker, Sep 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Danedingerson

Danedingerson Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 26, 2011
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Dane
    I am working on an app for my phone that makes Harley sounds when I ride my Zero electric motorcycle. I can adapt it for an electric Ferrari

Husker likes this.
  2. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    Anyone who suggests converting a Ferrari to electric is not a Ferrari guy. All the people who I have met with Tesla's have no concept about torque, just "
    oh my car goes so fast" or "electric cars are faster than a Ferrari". If you took high school physics you would understand the immense torque of electric motors and no be so surprised. Yes I have distain for a car that has been castrated; now certain hybrids they are a different story...

3. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    I don't know that anyone is suggesting a conversion. But while on the topic of castrating a Ferrari, what about all of those parts and pieces bolted to the Ferrari that are borrowed from Chevy, VW, and Audi parts bins? Starters, switches, fuel accumulators, alternators, and so on. I sure see a lot of German brands when I look in there - much of it Bosch. If I put in aftermarket floor mats without the horse from Italy, and an exhaust that isn't made by Ferrari, am I not castrating the car?

Danedingerson likes this.
  4. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    Husker, to paraphrase Enzo Ferrari " I make engines not cars". If you remove the engine you have ripped out the heart out of a Ferrari.

nickorette and Apollo 11 like this.
  5. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    Dang. I was seriously considering putting a Hemi in my 360. :eek:

efg2014 likes this.
  6. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    Go ahead. Just save the Ferrari engine and you can always swap it back if needed for any reason.

7. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    About 20 years ago I contacted a somewhat infamous individual from LA via cragslist. He was selling a 1962 Lusso for $60,000, which was a pretty good price. When he responded, he said " And don't even ask about the Columbo V12, it was replaced by a Ford motor". I don't recall the price of a 1962 Lusso with the original egnine, 20 years ago, but I suspect it was > $500,000.

8. ItalGerBrit

ItalGerBrit Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    S La
    A question. How many of you miss the sounds of the old F1 engines? How many of you lost interest in F1 when they dropped those engines and adopted all the crazy new rules? How many of you like the Formula E races?

dang2407 likes this.
  9. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    I haven't watched F1 for many years, so when I turned it back on a few months ago I was blown away that there wasn't those high pitched sounds. Really diminished it for me, not exactly sure why.

10. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Turn regular cars EV but not Ferraris.

11. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    What will Petroheads do when petrol is no longer sold

12. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Unless you are very young, that will not happen in your lifetime. Change like that takes time and even then it lingers

13. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I quite like formula E racing..they must go.hard the entire race just because of the range limitations of the battery. Makes for some great battles.

I stopped watching formula 1 just after the switch to the v6 turbo engines. I have since come back to it and have enjoyed it. It's not the same of course..but still fun to watch. That v10 scream will always be missed by those who remember it.

Skidkid likes this.
  14. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Honestly I cant think of a better recipient for a tesla powerplant swap than a DeLorean.

Apollo 11 and tbakowsky like this.
  15. Ken458

Ken458 Karting

Jul 25, 2011
    In answer to the original question, Hopefully Never.

armedferret likes this.