Higher-mileage 360CS - what to pay? | FerrariChat

Higher-mileage 360CS - what to pay?

Discussion in '360/430' started by pech01, Oct 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pech01

pech01 Rookie

May 3, 2015
    Dear all

I’m in the market for a 360 CH in Europe, and plan to buy within the next few months. I’m planning to drive it, so I’m looking into cars with a high-mileage cars (>50.000 km) and prioritize a well serviced and documented car over color/specs.

I need some help from you guys as regards to what the right price is to pay for a higher-mileage car as higher mileage cars seems to stay on the market for a long time before they sell. My guess is, there’s a difference between the asking prices and actual selling price. Question is, how large is the difference.

Many of the higher-mileage cars (45.000-70.000 km) that are currently offered for sale have asking prices in the region EUR 135.000-145.000 ($160.000-170.000). Many of them have been offered for sale almost a year.

Any of you have examples of actual selling prices of higher-mileage well serviced cars or opinions about what a fair market compliant price is?

I’ve checked auction prices but can’t see hammer-prices on higher-mileage cars. The few I can find data on has been auctioned of with previous accidents.

My next step is to approach the dealers

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter

2. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Cats exotics currently has an Argento CS with just shy of 50k miles and what appears to be a pretty comprehesive (at least recent) service history, asking 135k. There may also be a decent variation between our market and yours, of course.

3. Audipwr1

Audipwr1 Karting

Apr 6, 2017
    That is a really cool well maintained drivers CS - I bet you could score it lower given usual buyer universe will shy away given miles

4. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    I am not familiar with the CS, but considering it is a subset of an already limited run of cars, I don't think you will find sufficient transactions to form any sort of baseline price. In the US for example, there are only 6 of these cars for sale on CarGurus.com. They range from $135K to $215K.

In the end, the value of it to you is what you are willing to pay.

5. pech01

pech01 Rookie

May 3, 2015
    Great, thanks. Exactly the references I’m looking for.

The car cats exotics has is very interesting. I think the price is fair, maybe 5/10k off. Wish it had been in Europe.

It’ll also be interesting to see how high the bat-car goes.

I know with such few cars it’s impossible to make reliable statistics. That’s is why I’m looking for actual selling prices and examples on high-mileage cars advertised.

6. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    There is a giant, long-running thread about CS values...its on the first page of this forum 99% of the time...(its the best source there is, and also Mike's CS site and of course the stradalama, but sightings of him are rare these days - all will be clear if you read the values thread)