What do you guys think of this F355 spider at F40 Motorsports? | FerrariChat

What do you guys think of this F355 spider at F40 Motorsports?

Discussion in '348/355' started by Julia, Oct 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Julia

Julia F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2014
    Houston
    https://www.f40.com/vehicles-for-sale/used/1998/Ferrari-355%20Spider/1017132

VIN ZFFXR48A8W0110877

"F40 Motorsports is proud to offer this stunning 1998 Ferrari 355 Spider. This Manual shift 355 has just under 12,000 pampered miles and is an absolute blast to drive. The Manifolds have been updated along with the intake and exhaust for a more enjoyable sound and drive."

Is the intake mod a desirable one? Most F355s I've seen sport the stock intake.

https://www.jtzimages.com/dealers/ht20080801/ZFFXR48A8W0110877W.jpg

Does anybody know the car? Opinions on the dealership?

2. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
    That is Wayne Carini’s place. He has a show on motor trend tv called chasing classic cars. They seem to carry nice cars.

3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Nice car and price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Natkingcolebasket69

Intake manifold isn’t the exhaust - they are notoriously a problem on 355’s. It’s a great thing it’s done on
    This one.

5. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Car is a great color combo and fits your long search. just a quick look over - Do your due diligence on service records and any needs.

It appears it will need a new ashtray and full sticky removal.

The side sills are aftermarket as are floor mats. See if the originals are underneath. Lower mileage but price still seems on the high side. Check tire date codes and what was completed at last engine out.

aftermarket air boxes and filters along with red silicone hoses. I’d put it back to oem and sell those parts.

Good luck with your inspection process and negotiations.

Robb

6. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    #6 johnk..., Oct 12, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    It's just down the street from me. If you like I can take a look at it. I've spoken with Mike several times.

drbob101 and Qavion like this.
  7. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    A little research:

Car was for sale at Ferrari of Central FL in fall of 2014 with around 11,014 mile and apparently a fresh major. $75k. Also see note below.

Car was then (no date/price) for sale at Kessler motor cars in Miami with 11370 miles.

Now at F40 with 11,900+ miles.

One note. The car was advertised in the Dupont Registry in Oct of 2014 by Ferrari of Central FL with claimed 11,684 miles. (Typo?)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Got nothing to do today. Maybe go take a look.

Qavion, Julia and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  8. emac

emac Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 14, 2014
    upstate SC
    Full Name:
    ernest
    I may be off on the market, but I think for the asking price it should have a very recent major (maybe it does?) and the interior bits should be perfect. Especially when it has 11k miles. Make sure the top works properly and I agree with others I dont like the CF intakes. I love the color! For the right price, it could be a great car that needs just a little TLC.

9. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    love the spec!

10. Julia

Julia F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2014
    Houston
    Thanks, John. If you don't mind, I'd like to know what you think after seeing it in person.

I wonder if the original parts are with the car. It sounds like it'd be due for a service based on time if it hasn't been done again.

11. emac

emac Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 14, 2014
    upstate SC
    Full Name:
    ernest
    Missing Red key fob.

12. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Ok, I just got back from looking at the car. Neither Wayne nor Mike were there but the office manager left with with the car for about an hour. I could check any electronics or start or drive the car at this time but gave it a good cosmetic look over ant took pictures. Over all the paint is pretty good, but hard to tell under artificial lights and it was still pretty dark in there. First thing I noticed was a scuff mark on the right front fender. Looks like it would easily polish out but rubbing my finger over it, I felt a small indentation which was also apparent in a reflection. Mind you, if polished you would probably not see it unless you knew it was there.

Front bumper was obviously repainted. I could feel the tape line between the blue and the black in the grill opening. It also showed typical scraping on the underside.

The outside rubber window molding on the driver's side was torn. Needs to be replaced. Or you could do what a friend of mine does, use a little silicon caulk to glue it in place (yes, he is cheap).

Ashtray busted.

Dash vents were a mixed bag. Driver's side vent was sticky. The center and right side vent appeared to have had the sticky coating removed, but not refinished.

Air bag appears to have been recoverd but not a great match to factory leather. Other than that, no dash or instrument cluster leather shrinkage.

Exhaust system appears to be Fabspeed headers, cats and O2 extenders. Not sure what muffler, but not stock.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Natkingcolebasket69, Qavion and Julia like this.
  13. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    #13 johnk..., Oct 12, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    Continuing.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

The driver's seat side bulster has more wear higher up than what appears in the F40 picture.

The hip bolster is a little deformed.

Right side rocker appears to have been repainted on the car. Tape like visible.

Under tray on right side damaged.

Can't say is the top worked but these top rams were in the trunk. Also, no tools or car cover.

HVAC vent flay broken

Wheels had been repainted. Two showed areas of corrosion under the paint. One has a small area of clear pealing on one spoke. The 4th had some black marks on the outer edge (possibly polish off).

CV boots appeared OK but could see all around. But under carriage in general looked unkept.

Top canvas was in very good condition. No signs of typical wear marks from frame when folder.

Clutch operation felt about right, but without driver????

Almost forgot. There was a small spot on the floor under the car that might indicate an oil leak up front. It may have been for a car parked there previously, but it appeared to be right where or other fluid would drip off the under tray.

That's about it from a visual inspection.

Oh yea, the AC panel need replacement and knobs refinished too.

14. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Nice job going to see the car John.

Robb

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  15. Julia

Julia F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2014
    Houston
    Thank you so much, John! I think I'll keep looking. I think I need to find the best car out there, not just a particular color combination.

Robb likes this.
  16. drbob101

drbob101 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 26, 2012
    Tinton Falls, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Ferraris
    Nice, timely work there John! That’s how to screen these cars

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  17. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    No problem. Actually, I wanted to see it for comparison to mine. I've become complacent about my car. After nearly 8 years of ownership I was starting the think my car was substandard, below average market quality. You know, compared to cars around here like Elliot's, who goes to extremes. Today I learned otherwise, by a long shot.

Julia, Natkingcolebasket69 and Qavion like this.
  18. Natkingcolebasket69

What a great work

Julia likes this.
  19. markcF355

markcF355 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Schmeckelstan
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Have you gotten a carfax for it?
    I have the same car with 8k miles on it. Don't think I'd sell it for 84k. Just sayin.

Julia likes this.