488 Pista / 6,000 units being produced?...? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

488 Pista / 6,000 units being produced?...?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by GoHardGT3RS, Mar 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    #126 obbob, Oct 7, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
    Seemed to know his Ferrari but I have to point out that he was way off on a lot of Porsche info, particularly the 991.2 GT2 RS information. He estimated that there are 1000 GT2 RS in the world. Porsche sales numbers show that they shipped 1200 GT2 RS to North America by the end of 2018. Usually US is 1/3 of world wide production.

He also sells the 991.2 GT3 RS Wessaich package as some high performance package that changes the way the car drives. I guess he can really feel that 11lbs weight reduction more than most people! /s

2. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Let's face it has there been anyone yet to date that's been able to actually confirm numbers on any of these cars? No.

Plenty have made guesses and claims based upon what they were supposedly told from some mystery source which again is never named.

3. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Porsche is quite public with their VIN. That's why websites like VinAnalytics can pull the spec sheets and MSRP of almost any modern Porsche with just a VIN.

Some users on Rennlist have used this to keep track of Porsche sold by VIN in the US. It's so granular that you can see the data broken down by color, options, etc. It shows some interest data such as almost 30% of 991.2 GT3 RS being produced in Lizard Green.

Napoli likes this.
  4. Well, if it was just speeding that would be one thing.

But the guy fled the scene. And then lied about what caused the accident.

Napoli likes this.
  5. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Maybe not yet. I think the new direction will start to have an impact in the coming 2-3 years.

Ray

6. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    So what. Doubt anyone would be willing to stick around and fess up to the cops knowing how unreasonable they usually are. This issue has absolutely no relevance whatsoever to whether he is good at what he does professionally.

A few here seem a little butt hurt over what he said about Pista's future values and how he personally rated the car against the other two.

As a Pista owner I think he's on the money. I'd love it if he was proven wrong but I can't see it. There were simply too many made and, there are also very good alternatives available.

7. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    So about 2000 coupes and 1200 spiders....3700
    He’s definitely right about Ferrari supply and demand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. I would stick around.

Call me crazy, but it's just sort of how I was reared.

Napoli and sampelligrino like this.
  9. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    i'd stick around most likely, depending on how drunk I was

10. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Many people l like me could not get one unless I ordered a Lusso, I tried a few times after and no car so just maybe there are fewer out there than people think. I am sure if the dealer could they would have gotten me an allocation.

11. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Not a bad deal, V12 lusso and a pista, best of both worlds ;)

12. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    If I lived in a wet climate I wouldn’t have minded most likely. Put on all season tires and good to go.

13. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    More like 2700-2900 Pistas and 800-1000 Spiders.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

14. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    What information do you have to support your assertion? I just find it interesting that numbers are being thrown around with no data. I presume hypotheticals can be derived from multiplying the number of dealers and possible allotments,but that would be a guess.

15. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Didn’t one member know someone in the component supply chain who confirmed the 6,000 unit figure? Perhaps someone can dig up that post (assuming it hasn’t since been deleted).

16. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    I thought it was the legendary day355 who seems to have insider knowledge, could be mistaken. Who really knows. It's an amazing car regardless

Gh21631 likes this.
  17. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Didn't know about the gearing. That will do it right there especially with the same engine and chassis.

18. WARPSPEED

WARPSPEED Rookie

Apr 29, 2004
    Around 2500+ coupes, and 6-750 spiders.
    My region has around 2% of total allocation and we have received around 50 coupes and 12-15 spiders at most.

19. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Where do you get your information from?

Cigarzman likes this.
  20. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Boomhauer, tekaefixe, Gh21631 and 2 others like this.
  21. Attached Files:

Boomhauer and Cigarzman like this.
  22. WARPSPEED

WARPSPEED Rookie

Apr 29, 2004
    For the year of 2019, we had delivery of 203 cars. The number of cars delivered is on government info site and is available.

The numbers for how many coupes and spiders delivered are pretty well spread in my region - many owners know how many..
    [Even though there are excessive demands for the Ferraris here, there are only handful that can get special cars; when they ask for the numbers,
    salesperson has to give info..and there are only two salesperson here, one dealership, and the dealership owner is in my social circle...etc]

Yes, there are some speculation built in it on global numbers, but it is quite consist of prior allocations we got for limited edition cars.

My Pista spider is being delivered next week, and mine is 11-12th being delivered, it's been delayed since March.. but finally here ...

Attached Files:

23. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    That looks incredible.

24. Horsin'around

Horsin'around Karting

Jun 14, 2017
    Beautiful blue.

Is that matte blu electrico?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. WARPSPEED

WARPSPEED Rookie

Apr 29, 2004
    Thanks!

Yes it is.. I had to pay hefty for the paint :)

giacobbelaw likes this.