FORMULA 1 ARAMCO GROSSER PREIS DER EIFEL 2020......RACE ▄▀▄▀ Spoilers ▀▄▀▄ | Page 7 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 ARAMCO GROSSER PREIS DER EIFEL 2020......RACE ▄▀▄▀ Spoilers ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Oct 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Hopefully sooner than that. Put hulkenberg in, what do they have to lose?

2. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Thai connection will keep him there for now at least

3. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Before next year. Before next month. Before next race.

jgonzalesm6 and DF1 like this.
  4. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    That is such a waste of a car.

5. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Against Verstappen, the outcome would be the same.

Bas likes this.
  6. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    True, but they need someone that'll at least drive closer to him, so they can use alternative strategies at least.

7. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Apart from Charles and Daniel, I don’t see anyone able to drive in times close to those of Max. That’s the problem.

Bas likes this.
  8. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Not really. The car is the second fastest on the grid. No reason for their drivers to be any worse than 3rd and 4th in the wdc. Albon is 7th! He’s behind a Renault, Racing Point and McLaren. He’s only 1 point ahead of leclerc. It’s an utter embarrassment. RB need to sort it out and cut him loose. In fact they need to sort all their drivers out. None of them except Verstappen are any good (and I include Gasly in that list). Their driver development program is a failure.

jgonzalesm6 and Bas like this.
  9. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Alex needed to get his qualy sorted out , he was starting to get on top of it and his race performances where not so bad ,he then had a couple of big crashes and his confidence just tanked.

I think its more of a mental thing now ,the car is good .The racing me too hard is something u might expect Stroll to say ,not very smart.

10. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

The car is the second fastest on the grid with Max.
    I suspect the RB16 to be slightly better than the Renault or the Mclaren.
    Nothing more.

armedferret, jgonzalesm6 and Bas like this.
  11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    his race pace is quite bad

12. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    i think it’s clearly the second best car...I thought (t)Racing Pointe might be, but RBR has beat it all season.

jgonzalesm6 and ktu like this.
  13. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    RB is clearly the second best car on the grid, just like they have been top 3 the years before. Albon almost won a couple of races bar incidences with Lewis.
    Its a mental thing with Albon. When he got to RB he had less mental pressure because he had a excuse to be slower than Max. So he drove better and was running top 5 easly. Now mentally he is afraid to push the car to find the limits and crash. He should be pushing the car in practice, find the limit ,run wide, crash, do what you have to do, drive without fear of embarrassment. Verstappen still spins in practice, Lewis always runs wide in practice, to find the limit of the car

jgonzalesm6 and william like this.
  14. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Red Bull cares only about the leading driver; the team mate is just an accessory for the team.
    Vettel was the blue eye boy until Ricciardo came and was faster; so they neglected Vettel and he left.
    When Verstappen was promoted to RB, they put all their weight behind him and pushed Ricciardo on the side, so he left.
    This has nothing to do with speed, talent or results; it's a whole atmosphere. It's simply demotivating and affects the driving.
    When Horner and Marko ignore you during briefings, and use the media to criticise you in public. you know your time is up at Red Bull.

ricksb, armedferret and ktu like this.
  15. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

They lose zero!

Bas likes this.
  16. DF1

Albon Rating via Autosport -

Two of our rules definitions provide this score. He failed to get close to the maximum of the car given Leclerc beat him in qualifying in the comfortably slower Ferrari and then in the race he made two errors, one of which was massive (the drift over on Kvyat). But he’d already cost himself by locking up on lap one. Retired with damage from debris he may have helped scatter.

Autosport rating

Reader average rating

17. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016
    Seems like the toxic environment of the RB crew is catching up with them. There has been too much finger-pointing ever since they lost their competitiveness for the title. The complaining in the press about the engine manufacturer not having his **** together is getting old, and the complaining in the press about a rookie not stacking up to a once-in-a-generation-talent is also getting old. They need to make do with what they have instead of being sore about it.

Dropping in yet another driver next to Max might give them a couple of points extra, but won't do them any favors in the long run.

william likes this.
  18. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Red Bull is really the nasty team.

19. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    jcurry likes this.
  20. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    LOL, you would say that of course.

It's entirely reasonable to tell a driver that is driving for a top team to step up his game. And yes, also question their engine suppliers to step up their game after they played a key part in getting the new engine regulations approved, and then promising year after year they'll make a great engine.

21. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016
    Sure thing, but it is the way you go about it. Their guerrilla press media tactics have backfired more than once, but that does not stop them from repeating their mistakes. Adrian Newey even admitted that it only helped to make the relationship toxic (regarding Renault's engine) and nothing more. Remember when they said Gasly would end the season in his seat despite his bad results and then went on to demote him a couple of races later? Guess what Albon is thinking about now? You trust the guys saying exactly the same while your having a bad period? You think an F1 team can perform top-level when there is lack of trust between driver and team?

22. DF1

Well said. The “management” at RedBull is the primary issue. Interesting that they have the success they achieve. Inconsistent and indecisive I think.

23. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I would like to see what Russel could do in the RB...but i guess he's stuck with Mercedes...i mean Williamas...

24. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Unpleasant things are better kept internal, and not exposed to the ferocity of the press.
    Obviously Red Bull management don't know the words partnership and diplomacy.
    It fits with the trend that being nasty and loud can get you somewhere.

25. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau

Bottas ? :D

Bas likes this.