FORMULA 1 ARAMCO GROSSER PREIS DER EIFEL 2020......RACE ▄▀▄▀ Spoilers ▀▄▀▄ | Page 6 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 ARAMCO GROSSER PREIS DER EIFEL 2020......RACE ▄▀▄▀ Spoilers ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Oct 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  2. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    I've wondered that myself.

3. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    The engine is neutered. He knows that. I do wonder if he was aware before he signed his contract last winter. Ferrari management likely knew at that time.

4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  5. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Albon gets 2 penalty points added to his superlicense for the Kvyat incident.

6. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  7. Dilusha

Dilusha Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Albon got fired in the middle of the race. :D I think Perez or Nico should get that seat. :)

kes7u, ricksb and DF1 like this.
  8. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Congrats to Lewis and Merc. 91 Merc powered victories for Ham and counting. Surely 100 is inevitable.

Max once again showed he’s the class of the field. He’s dragged his RB to this places it has no right to go. Albon is toast. Utterly terrible today. I think he’s lost his mojo and it isn’t coming back.

Well done Ric. Great podium. McLaren will be pleased...

Hulk - definitely driver of the day. Dead last to 8th with zero practice. Once again proves how dreadful stroll is.

And finally, special shout out to the FIA. The full safety car event was a complete shambles and was in no way needed when a vsc would have done the job better and faster. I don’t think they did it to engineer a better show, I think they did it through incompetence.

cairns, DF1, jpalmito and 1 other person like this.
  9. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

The second seat at Red Bull is uncomfortable to a few who tried it, it seems.
    I don't think Albon is that bad, but something must have unsettled him; he started great last year.
    Kvyat and Gasly stepped back to STR and did better than alongside Verstappen at RB.

10. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I could have done without the words printed on his mask.

11. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Fully agree here.

The FIA and the circuits have to work harder at the swift removal of cars simply parked alongside the track.
    Having to neutralise the whole race behind a safety car to recover an undamaged car still on its 4 wheels is simply unacceptable.
    New protocols and more equipment have to be put in place.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  12. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I think Ricardo is making a mistake to leave. Renault/Alpine is next in the pecking order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    The second seat at Red Bull is uncomfortable only because Max is there.

14. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

I am not so sure they gave him this information before he signed his contract last winter..
    Ferrari is a mess actually.

15. jcurry

Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Undamaged? True, except for the fact there was a significant fire hazard at the time that had to be addressed for the safety of the ground crew.

16. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Well, it is a good question.
    I think he has a genuine affection for Ferrari, which will get him through 2021.
    SF needs to make sure that he believes they will deliver for 2022 AND then deliver for 2022.
    This delivery needs to cover firstly, the car. Secondly, a slick team operation.
    In 2021, poor pit wall performance may start to erode Charle’s confidence in the team.
    If the team screws up, we stand to lose somebody who could become a ‘Ferrari Great’.
    So, Mattia, over to you....

jgonzalesm6, DF1, 375+ and 1 other person like this.
  17. jcurry

Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Today when he radioed "We are going with plan C" it sounded more like a statement than a question. Hope so, and that he asserts control over tactical decisions where the driver knows the situation best.

jgonzalesm6, DF1 and 635CSI like this.
  18. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

MIA - and worthy of a drive?? Confused by his ability to be marketable. This a 4x WDC? He needs to show results in a Ferrari! Waste of resources in salary. The disparity of performance is now literally a joke when Nico arrives from Köln, qualify and race to points. The joke continues......

19. DF1

The pressure is building on Alex Albon again at Red Bull after he had a race to forget at the Eifel Grand Prix.

Lining up from P5 on the grid at the Nurburgring, Albon suffered a huge lock-up in the opening stages of the race and flat-spotted his tyres.

With Plan A out of the window as a result, Albon, already on the back foot, then knocked Daniil Kvyat’s front wing clean off which won’t have gone done well with both the senior team and the junior team at AlphaTauri.

Albon almost had a coming together with Pierre Gasly, too, before being served with a penalty for causing a collision with Kvyat.

However, instead of serving the penalty, Red Bull retired the car after they spotted a power unit issue.

“It has been a sorry old day for him,” Paul di Resta said on Sky Sports F1.

“Red Bull need more from Albon.

“They need more from a number two driver because with the Constructors’ Championship, the fact that Mercedes can win it in a couple of races, yet Max is within 10 points of Bottas in the Driver’s standings, it shows you the job that can be done with that package.

Nico Rosberg added: “I’ll go a bit further and just say he has driven very, very badly this weekend.

“He has been slow, done so many mistakes out there today, and that is the opposite of what he needs at the moment. He needs a good result to secure his seat and with today it doesn’t look like he is going to be able to keep hold of it.

20. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  21. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    It's absolutely clear to me he cant handle the pressure. A few races ago Red Bull brass said they're not considering changing the line up, but he needed to be 3 tenths behind max on average. Since then he's only driven worse. His performance all season as just been bad. No one is expecting him to be on the podium each race, with Mercedes dominance and reliability, and Max as a teammate, making this particularly hard, but to be fighting with the midfield for scraps is not acceptable.

Imagine Red Bull right now had Albon and Gasly driving this car? Honda would be long gone...(but at least they'd probably manage to get a decent engine)

subirg, ricksb and DF1 like this.
  22. DF1

Horner and Marko need to admit Albon is an issue to be solved for next year!

23. DF1

subirg and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  24. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas