Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 223 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I agree, they do look much better and the MEPH option in the Tricolore is exquisite. I wanted it for mine but in addition to not being available on regular seats (unsure why that is) the wife said it was too much Tricolore details already so "had to listen to her" (I make her believe that, if it were available, would have).

2. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Great minds. Hope you guys are well. Have to catch up in the circle when they’re both delivered. :cool:

Cigarzman and GT2goneF like this.
  3. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Always listen to your wife! Funny story is that my wife is definitely not a car person. When we were ordering our first Ferrari, she was just going to stay at the hotel and read. I convinced her to bring her book to the dealership. Once the process started she became very interested and opinionated! I was going to get carbon shields and she said no way! Yellow is traditional! Hahahaha!

She has helped spec three more since and has a great eye for colors and combinations thereof. And as a result, we have had some very cool cars.

Together is more fun :)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Yeah. I hear you. She doesn't hate cars but doesn't enjoy the rough rides or understand the car culture. She can appreciate the beauty. Once I started building it, she became a little more interested. Now she follows an F8 Instagram page (I don't have any social media other than a neglected FB account) and shows me the pictures and videos posted. Opinionated is the correct word. Love this post!

jumpinjohn likes this.
  5. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Re the seats, if you drive at high pace through tight corners, race seats are absolutely the way to go. I always order them, except when you can’t (Lusso for example). Most of my F driving involves 3 to 6 hour days on long road trips and the race seats are wonderfully comfortable for both a 5’ 3” wife and a 6’ me. Neither of us are slim or especially light for our height. If you are worried, no problem to order the standard seats, but the race seats are very surprisingly comfortable for long distances and that bit better for fast driving. If they weren’t my wife would be the first to let me know her thoughts!

ps You need the large size unless you are really slim. Even then, harder for resale with the medium size.

GT2goneF and Coincid like this.
  6. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    For those who own an F8 and revere Chris Harris, there is no need to covet owning the SF90. He actually derives more pleasure driving the former than the latter.

GT2goneF likes this.
  7. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Curious how much does Ferrari charge for the option of the tricolore stripe on the exterior of the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Its not a factory option on the F8 unfortunately
    Sent from my SM-F916B using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I dont think they will do it at the factory for a regular f8.

10. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

elmadi, mdrums and GT2goneF like this.
  11. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Not sure that’s a good arbiter of whether someone would long for an SF90 or not. I have an F8 but I’m looking forward to the SF90 much more!

REALZEUS likes this.
  12. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I am pretty slim. Let's say not a jockey, more like an F1 car driver weight and height (on the Lewis Hamilton or Norris side not Leclerc or Verstappen) without their amazing skills, of course. I love their looks. I tried them, and felt comfortable but with very little padding. I was concerned about longer rides. Unfortunately, haven't had the experience of a drive in one of them. But felt the electric seat would be more comfortable, hence I went with them. Will see what my final review is when I get it.

13. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
  14. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Briefly read that. Actual words were "not impressed with SF90"

15. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Apparently only EMPH option (Tricolore stripe on headrest) is only reserved for racing seats and it is $1,181.00

16. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    It is an option for F8 but only for racing seats not for any other.

17. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    There is a market for everything and everyone. I was toying with the idea fo the SF90. I just don't like it, overall... I do like some things of it but I like the F8 as a whole. Therefore I went with the F8. If you pull the trigger, please share.

18. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Apparently Ferrari isn't going to do a Challenge car version of the F8.

In the world of Ferrari does this effect the history of the f8 car? How do Ferrari guys feel about this?

I'm going to I'm probably one of the odd balls here in that I'm more about motorsports and how a race car version is similar or different than the street version.

19. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I think that Ferrari is pushing everything they can now as the EV is slowly but seemingly surely taking over; and perhaps facing extinction. Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini aren't know for electric technology engineering. The don't build power wheels.

There are many carmakers trying to keep the ICE alive. Porsche and McLaren are working hard in finding an environmentally friendly synthetic fuel, with less or even zero carbon footprint. There are also a few startups that are claiming developing a very cost effective fuel additive that significantly reduces pollutants and emissions, therefore making it environmentally friendlier. With that said the movement and mentality is ICE is bad and EV is good. But nobody really comes to think what entails to make those batteries in addition to disposition. They are not cleaner at all. It is all misdirection, smokes and mirrors.

The battery making and disposal process alone aren't the problem. The mining process itself pollutes water and air.

There are many lithium reserves in the world. However, the actual number of mines are not disclosed. The just mention the most reserves by countries around the world. Which raises a red flag in my opinion.

I remember reading old comic books and seeing advertisement for Camel recommended by Doctors. Because Doctors smoke Camel. Then it was sugar. Then fast food/food technology, insecticides and preservatives. This is absolutely no different with EV technology. The most powerful and richest redirect problems that could potentially be raised against their products and agenda to what their biggest competition would be; making their product the new and better technology and therefore, better and the old ("outdated" but reliable) technology as the worse thing ever. In this case, EV against ICE. It is the nature of the beast. People don't do research, they follow. have you ever watched "Idiocracy"? A low budget movie that was supposed to be a comedy but in my opinion, it turned out to be a documentary. It predicted todays society as a whole. Also Wall-e; a Disney movie, that was more of a criticism to society. That is where we are heading to fast and furiously,

If anybody thinks that EV will save the world and doesn't create any pollution or impact the environment, here's a little look at what the mines look like. These are just three of God knows how many. These are just 3 mines. Add to that the actual damage to earth and its consequences, the fuel and equipment used (because they are not electric, they are... you guessed it... large polluting not zero carbon emission engines), the manufacturing process of the millions of batteries, the transportation of the batteries, the manufacture and assembly of the vehicles and finally towards the end of the battery life the disposal. Where apparently they (used to or still) send them back to China and God knows what who does what with them . So it may be clean during the vehicle usage but the birth and the death of it... isn't at all.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

ferrarifanatic25 likes this.
  20. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    So I drove this F8 today. Only a short test drive. I’m not totally sure how I feel about it in comparison to my 458. Far more comfortable. Felt more solidly built. Interior was stunning (red with Daytona racing seats). Gearbox is now so smooth it’s kind of a let down, even in Race there’s no perception of shifts. Sound was interesting. Far more turbo whistle inside than I was expecting. The car was rapid but, perhaps in a similar way to the 570S maybe slightly above it. It didn’t feel 720S quick to me. Exterior was stunning I think it’s properly gorgeous. But maybe too boring compared to the 458.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

ferrarifanatic25 and PTG1 like this.
  21. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Seems the racing organizations are dong some EV racing but next year IMSA LMP class will be hydrogen. I keep hearing that car companies might be more into hydrogen than ev. The gas engine is definitely on its way out...maybe the fight will be hydrogen vs ev in the near future?

22. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Yeah... look at how excited I am to hear about EV races. It must be super fun hear the tire noise of a EV F1 car passing by at a very fast speed. What will be more interesting to see is how they will control the electric fire that burns for days by spontaneous reignition and how they will pull out the teeth and remaining prosthetic parts of what used to be the body of the driver after the car has melted and stop burning. I am sure there has been some serous hush money to keep their several spontaneous electric car combustions from the public via the media. If you look on Google, you will find many incidents, particularly in California.

With regards to H2 vehicles, it is super attractive to have such energy with zero harmful byproducts.. You will be leaking water through some sort of exhaust, as the simplified version of the energy making process is an internal chemical process of H2 and O2 generating an electric charge that feeds an electric motor for motion. A hybrid, if you will. With that said, I am not a well versed physicist nor chemical engineer. However, I do happen to remember that H2 is highly explosive and flammable. The process is not quite the same as a nuclear reactor but technically you are driving in a small H bomb if there was some sort of breach/failure. So safety is a concern, I know Huyndai has been working on this for a while. One of the reasons for which it hasn't taken off is, safety (I am sure) and number two... If it is very hard to arrange for infrastructure of an electric vehicle, imagine placing H2 "fueling" stations stations all around town/cities.

I would love to know more about this process and safety issues if there are any physicists or chemical engineers that may educate us about it. I think we would leave today or whenever, a little smarter and we would all greatly appreciate it

23. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Different times, different models. One thing is for sure, the 458 is the landmark vehicle for the 2010s and the last of it's kind. In my opinion, nobody should get rid of a 458 of their possession. Only acquire the new if desired. I am one that will regret not getting one now but will likely get it later. I just want the modern looks and technology with the HP. The sound and the visceral feeling... well that... that is why you should keep the 458. It is The ONE (The Matrix reference to Neo). My inner nerd is taking over.

24. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    This was just what I was thinking when I went for the hour drive, I'm not sure how long I'll keep mine for, should be here in a few weeks now
    Sent from my SM-F916B using FerrariChat.com mobile app