New wheels & tires for a 360 | FerrariChat

New wheels & tires for a 360

Discussion in '360/430' started by MikeIL, Oct 8, 2020.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MikeIL

MikeIL Rookie

Aug 4, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mike Lazar
    I can’t seem to find any recent posts or information, so I’ll throw this out there. I want to move to a modern tire on my 360 but you can’t get P-Zeros or PCS2s in the sizes that work on the OEM starfish wheels. I want to get new wheels to fit new tires but I can’t figure out what size would keep the odometer mileage correct. I’m not overly concerned if the speedometer is off a few mph, but mileage accuracy is needed. I’ve tried figuring it out but I can’t 100% say I have it figured. If you can tell me a wheel size and tire size front and back, I’ll be in your debt. Thanks!

Todd Laing likes this.
  2. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Have you decided if you want all out performance or mom & pop type?
    I sometimes take my car on very long vacation drives (>2000Km return) and get caught in rain etc.
    So I went with All Seasons. Strictly a personal choice.
    The resultant handling combination of the car/tires is way enough for me. Here, in the Police State of Ontario you get caught going over 50Km/h and
    it becomes a $chitt show, if you know what I mean
    Tires also have triple life over full performance type. Every year I have to replace the rears 335/35/18 on my Porsche at $2K.

armedferret likes this.
  3. MikeIL

MikeIL Rookie

Aug 4, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mike Lazar
    I am looking for summer performance tires. I could just get the AS3 or Firehawks if I wanted to have an all-season type tire. I am looking to put current P Zeros or PCS2s or PS4Ss on it. I need different tire sizes for that, and I'm assuming different wheels. I need someone who is better at figuring this out than me to help me get the right wheel sizes and tire sizes. Ideally, someone who has done this in the past few years and can tell me what they chose.

4. Stev-o

Stev-o Karting

Sep 18, 2020
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    Stev-o de Italiano!
    Many guys here on the forum recommend the PS4 S in the sizes of 225/40 & 285/35 with the stock wheels.

This is what I intend to do.

5. MikeIL

MikeIL Rookie

Aug 4, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mike Lazar
    OK...that's kind of what I was hoping to avoid. On the fronts the revs go from 788/mile to 802/mile, a 2% difference under-reporting mileage. Not a huge thing, but it would make the odometer reading wrong. The speedometer would be the same, where at 50 on the speedometer you'd actually be going 49. The rears would be 757 revs/mile going to a new 780 revs, a 3% difference, under-reporting. Speed would show 50 and you're really doing 48.5 mph. Not sure how that shakes out since the fronts and backs are different. Maybe it splits the difference, but you're around 2.5% under on mileage and actual speed. I guess I could have the speed sensor recalibrated. I'm probably overthinking this. If others are getting those sizes to fit well and not rub, then I'll go with it. I just want to get into some new tires next spring! Thanks for posting these sizes!

6. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Mike- As long as the difference between front and rear diameters is within 5% of stock, you should be ok. That is all ABS cares about. Ferrari speedometers already read fast, so a larger tire would likely be more accurate.

Need4Spd likes this.
  7. MikeIL

MikeIL Rookie

Aug 4, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mike Lazar
    Thanks for the responses, it's making me feel better about switching out to the PS4S next spring. Funny enough, it seems like my car reads a little fast when I go by police "Your speed is" markers, so the bigger tires making my actual speed less than what's indicated is already the case. I'll be doing 47 when I think I'm doing 50! Not the worst thing in the world, really. I have a few more days of decent weather here in northern Illinois and then it goes up on the lift for the winter. Time to go for a drive!

8. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
  9. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    Skidkid put 19s on my 360 and I *think* that opens up some options, plus they look good.