Check Control Panel - Isolating Issues | FerrariChat

Check Control Panel - Isolating Issues

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by dmarti02, Oct 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dmarti02

dmarti02 Karting

Jun 22, 2014
    Haverford, Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Doug
    OK, so I've been spending quite some time sorting out a wonky check control panel. Thanks to replacement and cleaning of contacts, sensors, etc, I'm down to two lights, the "stop light" warning when using the brakes and the "lights" error when turning on the parking lights. The amber light is ALWAYS lit even with the brakes and lights off.

After reading loads of excellent posts, I have a question as I try to isolate the issues and understand the functionality of the panel. According to the diagram included, the green and white wires as included in the red connector are part of the light monitoring. Upon removal of those wires, the corresponding LEDs in the panel no longer light up. The Amber light warning remains lit and the backlighting for the lower section is illuminated with the lights on. That's the part that I don't understand. In reading other posts, I had presumed those were interconnected.

Another question, I've gathered that the brake switch also triggers the "stop light" warning lamp. Do any of you have any suggestions on how to isolate the "stop light" error warning from either the brake lights vs the brake switch.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Those 2 wires green and white are direct connected to the 109f Electronic unit for check control (under the passenger's foot rest).
    I dont know if it has something to do with the wires pink striped yellow on that 109f.

1 wire pink/yellow is going from 109f to connector j ( lower left) of the fusebox. There are 2 wires together = 1 pink and 1 pink/yellow, connector 3 from the right side. Inside fuseboard those pink are contected to lower side fuse 17 (8th fuse from the right). Upper side fuse is connected lower pin of relais g (87b). Activaded by the light switch 79 and relais u (second lower relais from the right).
    The second pink wire on that connector j is connected to switch 37 (front fog lights).

The other pink/yellow going from 109f to monitor check control black connector nr 2. The same connector has wire pink/black nr 4.
    This is wire goes to the brake faillure indicator 30 (part nr. 127757) that also makes contact when pressure between front and rear brakes is disproportionate. This also can be the reason why that light is working.

3. dmarti02

dmarti02 Karting

Jun 22, 2014
    Haverford, Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Had a little luck here. Right before I started pulling up the carpets, I decided to one last time go around and check all the sockets, etc. After verifying wtih the owners manual, I determined although new bulbs were installed, the brake/real parking light were slightly different than the type quoted. Changed out all four brake bulbs and errors went out, however I still saw the amber bar lit. I jumped each sensor and determined that the washer fluid sensor isn't working. It would appear the LED is burned out but the amber light was still going on. Upon jumping, I received the green light.

From what I can gather on the forum, I may have a challenge ahead of me sorting that one out officially. The battle continues but it was nice seeing that green light! To small victories.