ELEMENT Fire Extinguisher: An Introduction | Page 7 | FerrariChat

ELEMENT Fire Extinguisher: An Introduction

Discussion in '308/328' started by Element, Nov 27, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pappy.72

pappy.72 Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2010
    Elgin, IL
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I just bought two for my 328. Used the discount code NGS10 from Normal Supercar Guy on YouTube.

2. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Rookie

Dec 5, 2012
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Bevin Nishimura
    I'm not sure if discount codes are still available, but, if they are... @Element please send me a discount code as well.
    The best part is that it has no expiration date...plus it leaves no messy residue after putting out the fire.
    I'd like to buy several of these to keep in my Dino and in my home.

3. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    Have 5 of these, and gave to relatives for Christmas. Has anyone had a real life experience with these?

4. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Robert, where’s mine, I thought we’re brother from another mother? :D

5. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    We still are, but I am a broke musician now!! HA

miketuason likes this.
  6. Element

Element Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 29, 2016
    Coupon codes are still available. All you need to do is send us a PM and we'll fire you off a coupon.

As time passes we get more and more success stories come in of people who saved their valuable possessions by using an Element they had nearby. Quite recently a local racer to us blew a turbo in his $150K race BMW. He was far from any marshals and with time at a premium he was able to use the Element in his car to put out the fire. This happened in front of the whole regional racing community (no spectators sadly due to COVID) and the following weekend there were Elements up and down the pitlane in almost every car :)

People are always asking for independent tests and the video below was so independent that we learned about it AFTER it was filmed and aired on Netflix. Pretty cool piece where you can see Element in action.

7. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    What rating are these fire extinguishers? I assume it's at least some level of Class B rating to be appropriate for vehicle/marine use (flammable liquids, etc).

8. Element

Element Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 29, 2016
    A, B, C & K rated. Check out our website as there is much more information there with answers to almost all product related questions.

9. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    Thanks, I should have been more specific - I don't know how the rating system actually works, but I assume that to be "approved" for use in certain applications, some agency must test/authorize an appropriate label to be on the extinguisher.

For example, if a "1 B" fire extinguisher is required by some regulating agency would the Element meet the approval requirements during an inspection, keeping in mind that the inspector is looking for a specific sticker/or whatever on the extinguisher? One thing that occurs to me - having a lot of experience with marine USCG inspections - extinguishers have to be able to be checked. Dry chemical types have a gauge, CO2/similar are weighed. How does that work with the Element? IOW, it seems to me an inspector can say, "How can I tell if this is going to work when you try to ignite it?

I'm interested in replacing some extinguishers with the Element but for the applications I have in mind, periodic fire extinguisher inspections are required. So is the Element "legal" in these applications?

10. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy