F8 - Order Status | Page 50 | FerrariChat

F8 Order Status

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dicecal, Nov 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Florida...no State tax! Car inspections ect.

sampelligrino likes this.
  2. Tech Nerd

Tech Nerd Karting

May 23, 2020
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Question for everyone... first time buyer here, so be kind... :)

About how long should I expect to wait from deposit to order lock-in? I put my deposit down in July for an F8 Coupe and have been told “about 30 days” a few times now. I completely understand these are unusual times given Covid and all, and I’m not upset or anything of the sort. Just trying to temper my own expectations!

Side note.. my email address is still not found when I try to register for the MyFerrari app.

Thanks all,
    Rick

3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Rick- if you put a deposit in July- expect to see your car next July.

Tech Nerd likes this.
  4. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Unfortunately too many variables to get a solid answer, things won’t really move until you are status 10R. You can sit at 10G indefinitely...

You will eventually get an email invitation from Ferrari to register for the MyFerrari app, until then probably will not be able to register.

Tech Nerd likes this.
  5. Carbonless

Carbonless Rookie

Oct 27, 2019
    San Diego

There was a very similar paint spec Pista at Ferrari San Diego...but it had an amazing orange and blue interior to match the blue w/ orange stripes on the exterior. As a Florida Gators fan it’s probably my favorite spec I’ve seen. I’m considering changing my F8 spec to match it! Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Spider68 and SoCal to az like this.
  6. Carbonless

Carbonless Rookie

Oct 27, 2019
    San Diego
    I put a deposit down in October 2019 and I'm still waiting to get a build slot...

7. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Yikes, I thought my timeline was bad! Hope you see some action soon...

Tech Nerd likes this.
  8. Tech Nerd

Tech Nerd Karting

May 23, 2020
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Thanks for the replies. I just opened another bottle of a favorite cab to help “digest” this new reality.

That said, the wait will just make the eventual delivery that much sweeter. How fortunate we all are to have worked hard enough to have such problems.

Cheers & thank you!

Rick

9. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    First world problems for sure. Enjoy the ride and congratulations.

GT2goneF and Tech Nerd like this.
  10. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Or Texas...

11. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I put my allocation deposit down early March. COVID hit... My order was approved on August. 9/11 got email with VIN assigned notification (not the actual number), a little less than 2 weeks it was status 40. Estimated date of completion Oct 28. Another month in ship and another month between port and dealership (California everything is slower). This is my timeline. It varies from car to car, depending on options that may add time to the overall build. Generally speaking, once the car build starts, it takes a few weeks. As you get notices, the car is likely further advanced in the process.

Don't worry about the Ferrari app... It won't give you status updates. You are better off asking your dealership. However, be patient. I am struggling with it as much as everyone else, but it is part of the "Ferrari Experience". Your dealership is as blind as you are. The only exception is that they get the updates and you have to depend on them to get them.

Overall I'd say, 8-12 months.

Tech Nerd likes this.
  12. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    If you are listed at Ferrari of Ft Laud.....you need to be on them constantly for status. They are notorious for moving previous customers ahead of the line. I put a deposit for a F8 April 2019 and requested my deposit back this April (and bought a Pista).

13. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    That sucks. Hard to prove but easy to see, not necessarily understand... Wit that said, your chances could improve if you happen to have a relatively new dealership within your allowed dealerships according to your zip code.

14. Tech Nerd

Tech Nerd Karting

May 23, 2020
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I’m at Ferrari of WPB....

15. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    That seems very off. The dealer should know their allocation and roughly when your build will be submitted to the factory for approval.

I also put a deposit down in October 2019 and within days appeared on "My Ferrari" as "F8 waitlist" in the Garage section.

Order calls from the factory are now for Jan/Feb builds, from what I understand, as thats what I'm in.

16. Vladislav Pochuev

Mar 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Vladislav Pochuev
  17. Vladislav Pochuev

Mar 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Vladislav Pochuev
  18. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    That makes no sense I ordered in November and my car is at the dealer now you need to check with your dealer and make sure they actually put an order in.

jm2 likes this.
  19. Carbonless

Carbonless Rookie

Oct 27, 2019
    San Diego
    I'm going to the dealer today and I'll check on it. I ended up buying a 458 in July because of the delay and I was getting antsy. I'm not in a huge rush since I bought the 458, but at this rate I may just keep the 458 coupe and change the order to the F8 Spider. The coupe will already be long-in-the-tooth by the time I get it at this rate.

PTG1 likes this.
  20. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I put deposit down in June 2019, they didn't even submit the order until feb 2020
    Sent from my SM-F916B using FerrariChat.com mobile app

21. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    The way dealers cook the books is crazy!

22. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Do this dude, otherwise you just let the dealer get away with taking the mick. I cancelled my spider order as they were going to deliver the coupe within 3 months of delivering the spider even though they initially told me it was 1 year when taking the order

23. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    That can happen in very busy dealerships. Allocations don't go to the factory in the order of placed orders across the board (if that makes sense). Dealerships get a certain number of allocations over a period of time. So when they exceed those allocations, clients go on a waiting list until given more.
    Like I said before in another thread. I went to a internationally very well known dealership and therefore super busy and if I had placed the order there, I would have waited a year just for the allocation to become available. So, the less busy your dealership, the better chances you are to get a car sooner.

24. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    jm2 and GT2goneF like this.
  25. RossoF8

RossoF8 Karting

Aug 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Final production photo posted on MyFerrari today. As someone on this thread predicted, it was just 5 days after the second photo was posted. This s*** is getting real! #cantwait
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

stavura, PTG1, SoCal to az and 4 others like this.