F8 - Anybody considering installing or installed a dashcam on their F8 | FerrariChat

F8 Anybody considering installing or installed a dashcam on their F8

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by GT2goneF, Oct 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I have Blackvue dashcams on my kid's cars. I have been considering installing it on my GT2, CLS and GLE. I always have concerns about accidents and people doing things to my cars. Obviously, I am more concerned with the F8. To be honest, I am not sure whether I should or not have a blackvue installed on the F8. What is the consensus of the group?

2. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Dashcam is the first mod I do in any car, whether it's a beater daily or an exotic. I even run portable dashcams in rental cars.

A dashcam has saved me in a collision situation twice. First was a car ahead of me at a redlight decided to reverse into me, and then blame me for rear ending her. A cop happened to roll by while we were talking and immediately went off on me for apparently crashing into this poor innocent lady. Dashcam saved me

Second is a Bentley Bentayga side swiped my rental car and tried to run.

I've also caught entertaining videos that make for good memories. Inattentive drivers drifting, runaway dogs sprinting across the road with their owners frantically chasing after them, and more.

GT2goneF likes this.
  3. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I guess I am getting 4 more Blackvue and 2 portable ones... You just scared me.

4. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Which Dash Cam are you running? I need to install one in my truck

Ray

5. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I have Blackvue DR900S 2 channels. on my kid's cars, for the same reason he said. Being teenagers, they would likely get the blame without any evidence. It also keeps them aware that they are being tracked.

6. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    I run whatever the latest Blackvue model is at the time of purchase (I think 900S is the latest?). I use single Channel for fun weekend cars and two channel for daily drivers. I use a Power Magic Pro so it can run while the car is parked without killing the battery.

Just remember, for single channel camera, you need minimum 64gb SD card. For dual channel, minumum 128gb. Also make sure the SD card is a high endurance card.

RayJohns and GT2goneF like this.
  7. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Great, thank you. I'll do some further research on that model.

Ray

8. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I have a dash cam in all my cars. But keep this in mind: When it's your fault, the video can be used as evidence against you.